Big Weekend
I had a lot to do this weekend, as far as fun plans go. I usually count Thursday night as part of my weekend because I almost always go out then. Most often I go to The County Line to do some line dancing, but on the last Thursday of the month I meet with my Young Professionals of Brevard group to do some socializing. This month, we met at the new Pizza Gallery at The Avenue Viera. I finally got to see my friend John DeMarco who has been MIA for the past three months. He had good excuses though; a small child and a baby take up a lot of his time, a new career with Health First, the many organizations he is a part of, including Leadership Brevard, not to mention his side career as a Motivational Speaker. It was good catching up, but I miss us not hanging out and talking more.
So Friday night I went to see Vince Gill at the King Center in Melbourne, FL with my friend
Alan Rosenberg. Alan is an Attorney in Indialantic, FL that focuses on wills and trusts mostly. He is also head of the Jewish Federation of Brevard, and one of the VIP sponsors of the awesome shows at the King Center Theatre. He is also one of the nicest people I know.
So Vince Gill brought his daughter, Jenny, out to do some opening songs for us. She did pretty good for it only being her 3rd time ever performing. There was also some cute bantor between her and her Dad that was very endearing. Vince himself was good as well. He definately likes to talk alot though. I think he went on about his Dad for a good 20 minutes once.
Saturday was a Disney day. My roommate, Jill, and our friend, Susan, have season passes that are about to expire, so they are trying to get their money's worth before-hand. I, on the other hand, do not have a season pass...but I do know a guy. My friend Don Brookshire is the Restaurant Guest Services Manager at Epcot. He gets 3 free tickets per day to give to people. How convenient, right?!
So we spent half the day at Animal Kingdom and the other half at Epcot. I liked them both. Jill and Susan got to go on the new Expedition Everest ride at Animal Kingdom (it was only open
this weekend to season pass holders), while I took a trip through the zoo in "Africa". At Epcot, I finally got to ride Mission Space which is something I had been looking forward to ever since I heard about it. And let me tell u, I can see why they provide you with barf bags. I was ok at first, but man, if that ride would've gone one more minute, I would've puked up all the Cheetos I just ate. I was a little green and disoriented for awhile, but it soon passed and I was ready for dinner. We ate in Morocco at Marrakesh Restaurant. It was very interesting. They had music and belly dancers, and cous-cous as far as the eye could see. Things were pretty tasty, and I enjoyed myself.

Later that night, Jenn met up with us to party at Pleasure Island. I like the new format they have. You don't have to pay anymore just to walk around PI. You just pay when you want to enter a club. Much better than before.
Sunday, I dropped Jill and Susan off at Epcot again and then went shopping at The Mall at Millenia. It's a fancy-schmancy mall with stores like Chanel, Tiffany's, and Burberry. But there is one store in particular that is affordable and and full of trendy, disposable clothing; XXI. You almost have to have a plan when you walk in this store though, because there are soooooo many clothes, that you can easily feel overwhelmed. It's a great store if you are looking for something specific, like say a green top, because they probably have about 50 different kinds of green tops available. But if you don't have a plan, you could wind up spending 3 hours in there and not buy anything.
Later that night I went over to Jenn's for some coffee and dessert, and we watched the SAG Awards.
It was a very fun, but exhausting, weekend. My feet have never hurt so bad from all the walking.
So Friday night I went to see Vince Gill at the King Center in Melbourne, FL with my friend
Alan Rosenberg. Alan is an Attorney in Indialantic, FL that focuses on wills and trusts mostly. He is also head of the Jewish Federation of Brevard, and one of the VIP sponsors of the awesome shows at the King Center Theatre. He is also one of the nicest people I know.So Vince Gill brought his daughter, Jenny, out to do some opening songs for us. She did pretty good for it only being her 3rd time ever performing. There was also some cute bantor between her and her Dad that was very endearing. Vince himself was good as well. He definately likes to talk alot though. I think he went on about his Dad for a good 20 minutes once.
Saturday was a Disney day. My roommate, Jill, and our friend, Susan, have season passes that are about to expire, so they are trying to get their money's worth before-hand. I, on the other hand, do not have a season pass...but I do know a guy. My friend Don Brookshire is the Restaurant Guest Services Manager at Epcot. He gets 3 free tickets per day to give to people. How convenient, right?!
So we spent half the day at Animal Kingdom and the other half at Epcot. I liked them both. Jill and Susan got to go on the new Expedition Everest ride at Animal Kingdom (it was only open
this weekend to season pass holders), while I took a trip through the zoo in "Africa". At Epcot, I finally got to ride Mission Space which is something I had been looking forward to ever since I heard about it. And let me tell u, I can see why they provide you with barf bags. I was ok at first, but man, if that ride would've gone one more minute, I would've puked up all the Cheetos I just ate. I was a little green and disoriented for awhile, but it soon passed and I was ready for dinner. We ate in Morocco at Marrakesh Restaurant. It was very interesting. They had music and belly dancers, and cous-cous as far as the eye could see. Things were pretty tasty, and I enjoyed myself.
Later that night, Jenn met up with us to party at Pleasure Island. I like the new format they have. You don't have to pay anymore just to walk around PI. You just pay when you want to enter a club. Much better than before.
Sunday, I dropped Jill and Susan off at Epcot again and then went shopping at The Mall at Millenia. It's a fancy-schmancy mall with stores like Chanel, Tiffany's, and Burberry. But there is one store in particular that is affordable and and full of trendy, disposable clothing; XXI. You almost have to have a plan when you walk in this store though, because there are soooooo many clothes, that you can easily feel overwhelmed. It's a great store if you are looking for something specific, like say a green top, because they probably have about 50 different kinds of green tops available. But if you don't have a plan, you could wind up spending 3 hours in there and not buy anything.
Later that night I went over to Jenn's for some coffee and dessert, and we watched the SAG Awards.
It was a very fun, but exhausting, weekend. My feet have never hurt so bad from all the walking.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home