All About Me!

Welcome to my website! Here you will find out all about me; ie. what I'm doing, thinking, eating, watching, feeling...you get the drift. And yes, my ego is just big enough to believe that you really care ;)

Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Another big weekend

Another exhausting, but very fun weekend happened. Let's start off with Thursday night at County Line. I met up with a few friends that I haven't spoken with in a while; Laurie, Angie, and Larry. Angie has broken up with her boyfriend and moved next door into Laurie's place, and Larry, who used to also live in that neighborhood, has finally rented out his house and has moved beachside. Larry was being typical "player Larry", all smooth and slick, trying to sex me up...but I told him he was wasting his time, cause I wan't going to give him what he wanted from me. That pretty much shut him up.


Friday night I went to the 4 Under 40 Banquet hosted by Leadership Brevard. My friend and fellow Young Professionals member won one of the slots. Here she is looking all cute and sweet. This is her interview and the write-up about the banquet in the Florida Today.

Saturday I headed to the Cocoa YMCA around 11am for a personal training session. My PT, Laura, and I worked on legs for about and hour, then finished up with some abs. After that, I had just enough time to shower and finish some laundry before heading into Orlando for a date with Don. We met up at Universal Studios since we both have season passes (mine is about to expire soon though). We rode some rides, watched the Mardi Gras parade, saw a bit of the Kid Rock concert, then headed over to Pat O'Briens piano bar. The beer was flowing and we were singing at the top of our lungs. You know, this being our third date and all, you'd think that he would've tried to kiss me by now. But alas, I guess he is a little slower than I am. He asked if I was ready to leave, and I said I'll leave on one condition...if you kiss me first. He looked a little surprised, fumbled through some words about how he wanted to make sure he had my permission first, then he finally did it. All I can say is WOW! It was THE best first kiss I have ever received. It was soft and sweet and oh so nice, and it lasted just as long as it should've lasted. Something I found a little comical though...he was conscience of the song playing when we kissed and made a little joke about how "I Shot the Sheriff" would be 'our song'. Hehe.
After we left, we were starving, so we looked for a place to eat, but everything was closed...so instead he took me to back to his place and cooked me breakfast. Very sweet. Eggs, bacon, and bagels. It was too late for me to drive home, and I was too far gone anyways...I crashed on the couch. He gave me his Spiderman blanket to sleep with.
The next morning I woke up around 7am and was still drunk. I went back to sleep until 9am, then got up to call Jill (I was supposed to drive us up to MGM for the day...obviously that wasn't happeneing.) We worked it out so that I would meet her there around noon instead. So that left me all morning at cuddle up with Don and watch some TV. It was really nice. He was so sweet, he offered to make me breakfast, wash my clothes, even lend me some of his clothes since I didn't have any clean ones. Very thoughtful.

I met Jill at MGM and we had an awesome day. We rode on the Tower of Terror and The Rockin Rollercoaster, and we saw several shows including The Muppet Show and The Little Mermaid. We ate at Prime Time Cafe, which was a trip. The wait staff is supposed to treat you like a Mom of the 50's would...no elbows on the table, you have to finish all your vegetables before you can have dessert, things like that. It was a fun day, but man, I was exhausted by the time we got home, and I slept like a baby.

Monday was President's day, so I had the day off. Don did as well, so he decided to take me to St. Pete and Tampa for the day. We first went to the Salvadore Dali museum. I had always wanted to go, but just never had the urge to drive all the way there. It was awesome. The tour guide was very informative and knew a lot of background on all the paintings. Here are a couple of my favorites entitled Archaeological Reminiscence of Millet's Angelus (left) and Gala Contemplating the Mediterranean Sea Which at Twenty Meters Becomes the Portrait of Abraham Lincoln (right).

Don and I ate lunch on the St. Pete pier, and I got pooped on by a bird...twice. Very classy. We were going to Rollerblading or go swimming in the ocean, but something else caught our eye on our way through Tampa. The Bodies exhibit was still showing at the Museum of Science and Industry, so we decided to head there instead. Awesome! And I thought the Dali museum was good. This was one of the coolest things I had ever seen! The don't allow you to take photos, otherwise I would've been all over that. Real people who donated their bodies to science were preserved and dipicted in very athletic poses, their muscles, tendons and bones peeled apart for all to witness. I'd never seen anything so amazing. They even had a section where all the bones and muscles had been removed and there were just veins and arteries left...how they did it, I have no idea, but wow! The amount of man-hours that must've went into this production is unfathomable. Painstakingly cleaning, disecting, and removing all the little pieces for display...unreal.
It was getting late and I had to work the next day, so we decided to head back to Orlando. Traffic sucked, but there was no lack of conversation...Don can sure talk alot. When we got back to his place, I thought we might go inside and have a little make-out session, but no such luck. He kissed me sweetly, didn't invite me in, and sent me on my way. Even after I grabbed him and agressively kissed him, he still didn't waver. So I left kinda disappointed and confused...and slightly rejected. But he must like me, right? I mean he spent a lot of money on me this weekend, so he must. I guess he just takes things very slow...very, very slow. It's very frusterating for me...it's not something I've had to deal with before. Uncharted territory, if you will. I don't know when I will see him again. I do like him alot, and he definately has the most potential out of anyone I've ever dated so far. He works until like 7pm on Friday's and Saturday's, and really late on Sunday's...like midnight. But I believe he has Monday's and Tuesday's off...how that is going to fit in with my schedule, I have no idea? The logistics of this relationship suck. We will see what happens. Pics to come when they get uploaded from my camera.

You know after thinking about this for the better part of the day, I am reminded of a very specific episode of Sex and the City where Burger reveals to Miranda that her date she had had the night before was "just not that into her". I think that is what's happeneing here. Don didn't invite me in because he's just not that into me...I mean, what kind of guy would turn down a chance to make out? Ya, I think I look good on paper to him, but maybe I turn him off somehow? Maybe he's just not feeling it? Can't like everybody, right? This blows :(

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home