Dream On
I had a dream last night that was very vivid. It involved the guy I am dating, Don. We were at my parents house back in IL and I had invited him into my old room and he slept in my bed that night. Nothing happened or anything, but I remember feeling completely comfortable and at ease the entire night while we slept. I also remember the comforter and sheets being electric blue. The next morning I headed downstairs and proceeded to talk to my Mom over the phone (I guess she was away?) The phone was more of a teal baby blue color and it was kinda shaped like a curved maxi pad, or a protective cup that football players wear. I told her about him sleeping in my bed and that nothing had happened. I was talking to her like she was a good friend, not like a scared daughter who just got caught and was confessing. I wasn't thinking in that way at all. She voiced her disapproval about the situation like a concerned friend would. At that moment, Don walked by the room I was in and headed into the kitchen. At first he was wearing my brown hoodie, then later it turned into my brother's old robe, but for some reason I knew it was mine. I stayed on the phone for awhile and sat in the kitchen while he made coffee. He dumped out the hot water that was in the coffee pot and brewed a whole pot of coffee. He had set out two cups...presumably one was for me. I was going to tell him that I drink tea, but I didn't say anything. There was this weird partition between the kitchen table I was sitting at and the coffee maker on top of the dishwasher across the room (which is not where the coffee maker goes). It was making it hard to talk to him. He asked me for the sugar, I pointed it out...and suggested he use the pink packets. He ignored me and chose the plain white ones. He brought over the cups and placed them on the table. My Dad walked by at that moment and saw us, then walked back into the living room. Don expressed concern over my Dad's reaction, but I assured him that he would not say anything while he was still here. My Dad would wait for Don to leave, then discuss why he was here with me.
My alarm went off after that and I had to get up for work. I often find that if I haven't experienced something in real life, then I can't dream about it. Hence the fact that nothing happened that night while Don slept in my bed. I've never been shot or stabbed, so when it happens in my dreams, bullets and knives don't affect me. I've never drowned, so in my dreams I can breathe underwater. In my dreams I can only fly on an airplane, I can't punch anyone hard cause I've never really been in a fight before. I know my roommate has lucid dreams alot where she can control what she's doing. She can fly, be a superhero, talk to animals. They say you can learn how to control your dreams, even learn how to have lucid ones. That is something I will have to research one of these days.
My alarm went off after that and I had to get up for work. I often find that if I haven't experienced something in real life, then I can't dream about it. Hence the fact that nothing happened that night while Don slept in my bed. I've never been shot or stabbed, so when it happens in my dreams, bullets and knives don't affect me. I've never drowned, so in my dreams I can breathe underwater. In my dreams I can only fly on an airplane, I can't punch anyone hard cause I've never really been in a fight before. I know my roommate has lucid dreams alot where she can control what she's doing. She can fly, be a superhero, talk to animals. They say you can learn how to control your dreams, even learn how to have lucid ones. That is something I will have to research one of these days.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home