All About Me!

Welcome to my website! Here you will find out all about me; ie. what I'm doing, thinking, eating, watching, feeling...you get the drift. And yes, my ego is just big enough to believe that you really care ;)

Monday, February 13, 2006

Weekend Update

This weekend was fairly eventful, even though the weather didn't cooperate. It will actually be 32 degrees here tonight, and we have already set a record low for the temp last night. I think someone forgot to call mother nature and let her know that this is FLORIDA, and it's supposed to be warm! There was actually frost on my window this morning...and I don't own a window scraper anymore, so that was fun :-/

So weekend plans got modified around the coldness and the rain. Jenn, Jill and myself were supposed to go to MGM on Saturday, and to a beach bonfire that night to say goodbye to a friend we went to school with. His name is Rob Mitchell, but we always called him "Little Nips" because, well, he has little nips. He is moving to Denver I believe.

Thursday night I had a meeting for Young Professionals of Brevard. I have volunteered to be on the Event Planning Committee, which happens to be my friend Ed's department. Afterwards, Ed and I went out for dinner at Chili's and had some great conversation. I am very attracted to Ed, so it's such a shame that he's an egotistical bastard. He'd just as soon leave you stranded on the side of the road than stop to give you a lift, because the stopping would reduce his gas mileage. After dinner, it was off to County Line. Chonda (one of my County Line friends) and I danced our asses off to almost every song that night. I talked to some cute guys, but noone worth mentioning. I was home by 1am.

Friday night Jenn, Jill, Ed and I went to go check out a new bar in downtown Melbourne called Foobar. Ed says it's an upscale place full of beautiful people. Too bad they decided to close that night (mostly because of the Melbourne Street Fest that was being held that night...it draws the wrong kind of crowd), so we ended up hanging out at Main Street Pub instead. Ya, guess who else was there? None other than Qualiman. Great. We exchanged an awkward hello and then kept to ourselves the rest of the night. He was definitely looking fine, but I can't be bothered with him. Later, us girls met up with a few friends we had met once at Coconuts; Sean and Clay, and their friend Sarah. I really liked Sarah alot and I hope to see her again. She is a girl I could see myself hanging out with regularly. Sean is a complete card, so we were constantly cracking up the whole night. Clay had shaved his beard off, so, to me, he was unrecognizable...and he didn't say much anyways. On the way home that night we sang at the top of our lungs, very badly I might add, to Paradise by the Dashboard Lights by Meatloaf. It was a good night.

Saturday rolled around and I caught up on some much needed DVR watching. House, Lost, Grey's Anatomy, Queer Eye, Project Runway, Boston Legal, Web Junk 20, and Celebrity Fit Club. Something disturbing I saw on Web Junk was a Japanese lady breast feeding a cat. Sick. Oh and I finally watched the uncut version of Secretary. The only thing I can say about this movie is "HOT!". James Spader and Maggie Gyllenhaal did a superb job and it will be one of my fave's for a long time. Here is a pic of Lee Holloway being the "submissive" in the relationship.

Saturday night though, Jenn and I went out to Dog N Bone and met up with Don Brookshire (the Disney guy I went out with last weekend). I think he made quite the impression on Jenn, so at least I have her blessing to keep seeing him...which greatly reduces my stress level. We are supposed to go out this coming Saturday and have a little NTN Trivia competition. I can't wait!

Sunday was a day I have been waiting for since the dang movie had been advertised. Jenn and I went to see Brokeback Mountain finally! For awhile, it was only showing at the Enzian Theatre in Orlando, but they finally brought it to Brevard! And hot damn was it good! Despite the initial shock value of the roughness of it all, there were such tender moments that melted my heart throughout the movie. My favorite part was the second time they get together in the tent. There was a lot of face touching which, to me, shows such a soft and loving side of the men. Jake Gyllenhaal was never hotter than he was in this movie, and Heath Ledger blew me away with his portrayal of Ennis Del Mar. They are both up for Oscars, and they both deserve to win. I could see this movie over and over and over again.
After that, Jenn and I went to dinner at Pizza Gallery to discuss the movie. I tried a Reuben Pizza...it wasn't half bad.

Today I start my personal training sessions with Laura at the Cocoa YMCA. We will be focusing on weight training since I am pretty good at the cardio on my own. The sessions aren't cheap, but I figure I have to spend my money somewhere, right? So why don't I put it to good use and shape up my body. I will be spending around $210 for 6 sessions. A lot of money, but if it works, it will be well worth it.

Tomorrow is Valentine's Day and I don't have a Valentine to celebrate with. That's ok, I'm not all that upset about it. The guys will come around eventually, I just need to be patient.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home