3 Days til 5K!
I think I will be prepared for the 5K this Saturday. Yesterday I got my time down to 41:15. I tried doing two 5 minute runs with a minute walk in between near the end, and I don't know if I like it. I actually felt more tired starting up that second 5 minute run at the end than I would've been if I had just run for the whole 11 minutes. The longest I have run continuously is 7 minutes, but I bet I could do 10. I just have to work up to it. It's hard to get me started, but once I've been running for a bit, like 20 minutes, then I feel like taking on more. In fact, the last minute I moved the speed up from 5mph to 5.5mph to get my time down. I liked going fast at the end, so I think I'm gonna stick with doing that. I like running on the treadmill because I can easily pace myself and I can check my heartrate. Everyone says running outside is better, but I am a skeptic. The only plus I can see in running outside is you might have a little peace and quiet, which can make me focus more. Yesterday there was this girl running on a treadmill a few down from me and she had the most annoying voice (think Victoria Jackson) and wouldn't stop talking to her parents. It was seriously driving me nuts and making me not concentrate on myself. I can't wait until I get my Mobiblu back from the shop!!
So I definately need to get more of the thin, non-cotton running socks because washing the 2 pair that I have every other day is getting annoying. The problem is, they are like $8 a pair! I need to find a cheaper alternative...I wonder if Walmart has something like that? Maybe I will try to check that out tonight.
Jenn did her first 5K on the treadmill last night and I am so proud of her! She was even all smiles afterwards, all be it beet-red :) Something I was afraid of though is that our height difference is causing a time difference in our running. She can only comfortably bring her speed up to 4.6mph cause she has such short legs. Where as I can easily do 5mph or more. So when we run together I will probably be finishing about 4 minutes ahead of her :( In truth, however, I am doing this 5K with her, so no matter how slow she runs, I will be right by her side the whole time.
So, tomorrow will be our first outside run with the Thursday night Running Zone training group. I bought Jenn and I cheap-o Walmart watches to keep track of our time. I really hope we do well, but I will let you all know the outcome!
Something you all may not know about me is that I am addicted to countdown shows. Anything that says "the top 100 ___" for example is a show I have to watch. Well VH1 is famous for these types of shows, and they just started up a new one called I Love Toys. It's friggin awesomely nostalgic! They list the 100 most popular toys of all time, and get comedians and TV personalities to comment on them. It just brings back so many memories of when things were simple; when your biggest problem was having to go to bed at 8pm and sharing with your younger brother. No bills, no work deadlines, no making ends meet, no car trouble. Ah, to be 8 years old again.
So I definately need to get more of the thin, non-cotton running socks because washing the 2 pair that I have every other day is getting annoying. The problem is, they are like $8 a pair! I need to find a cheaper alternative...I wonder if Walmart has something like that? Maybe I will try to check that out tonight.
Jenn did her first 5K on the treadmill last night and I am so proud of her! She was even all smiles afterwards, all be it beet-red :) Something I was afraid of though is that our height difference is causing a time difference in our running. She can only comfortably bring her speed up to 4.6mph cause she has such short legs. Where as I can easily do 5mph or more. So when we run together I will probably be finishing about 4 minutes ahead of her :( In truth, however, I am doing this 5K with her, so no matter how slow she runs, I will be right by her side the whole time.
So, tomorrow will be our first outside run with the Thursday night Running Zone training group. I bought Jenn and I cheap-o Walmart watches to keep track of our time. I really hope we do well, but I will let you all know the outcome!
Something you all may not know about me is that I am addicted to countdown shows. Anything that says "the top 100 ___" for example is a show I have to watch. Well VH1 is famous for these types of shows, and they just started up a new one called I Love Toys. It's friggin awesomely nostalgic! They list the 100 most popular toys of all time, and get comedians and TV personalities to comment on them. It just brings back so many memories of when things were simple; when your biggest problem was having to go to bed at 8pm and sharing with your younger brother. No bills, no work deadlines, no making ends meet, no car trouble. Ah, to be 8 years old again.


1 Comments:
At 3:27 PM,
JGirten said…
You crack me up.. I never got your e-mail that we talked about yesterday. Also you should check walmart and you can get socks there. They are less expensive and are good quality.
J
Post a Comment
<< Home