Back to work!
Another work week. Same old, same old. 
So we ended up at Main Street Pub for St. Patrick's Day because the line to get into Meg's was a mile long. Not that I would've really cared about standing in line, because I can take a crowd, but I was more worried about us not being able to get drinks. Main Street Pub was cool. It got just as packed as Meg's a little later, and we had a great balcony view into the street. Here is a shot of the crowd walking by.
Here is Nina, me and Jenn. Our friend, Susan, came out with us as well. I use the term "our friend" very loosely in this sense because, really, she is Jill's friend and we just tolerate her. She works at NASA and is kinda socially retarded. She also makes out like a bandit everytime she comes out with us because we always end up buying her drinks, but she never returns the favor. I don't know if she just doesn't think about it, or what, but you have to physically tell her, "it's your turn, go buy drinks" or she won't do it. Needless to say, she didn't make it into our picture.

Now I know the bagpipes are more of a Scottish thing, but I still thought this band that came out to play for everyone was cool enough to warrant a picture. And by far the coolest pic of the night is the shamrock tattoo on this guy's bald head.
Saturday was quite possibly the perfect day weather-wise. Not a cloud in the sky, a cool breeze blowing, and a high of like 85. So needless to say the girls and I took advantage and went to the beach...along with everone else and their dog. But a crowd makes it great for people watching (and people slamming which is more like what we do anyways). Afterwards we headed to Sunset Grille for some drinks and food. The service was absolutely horrible that day for some reason. It took us 20 minutes to get a waitress and about 1.5 hours to get our food...not to mention our shrimp cocktail appetizer that we ordered came after our food arrived. We weren't really in the mood to complain though since it was so gorgeous out...how could anyone be in a bad mood?
That night Nina, Jenn, Gus (friend from our days at FIT) and I decided to head to Cosmic Bowling at Shore Lanes in Merritt Island. Something I didn't know they did was give away money for getting strikes and things. Nina was offered $50 to get a strike by throwing the ball backwards between her legs...but she choked. Then Gus was offered the same for a regular strike, which he got, but the guy then offered him $300 or nothing to do it again, and he choked. The big one came when Jenn was offered $400 to get a strike, but she also cracked under the pressure. The guy didn't offer me any money though. I don't think he liked me that much, cause I was the one who kept negotiating him up for everybody. He originally offered Nina $20, but I was like "no deal...he's got more money in his pocket", so he raised it to $50. Then with Jenn he held up 4 fingers (meaning $40), but I was like Jenn did you see that? He's offering you $400 for a strike! And he totally played into it! If only we were better bowlers, we'd be swimming in money right now.
So we were done for the evening and ready to leave, then we look back and Nina is talking to the guy that was bowling next to us. So we're patiently waiting...and waiting...and waiting. Then she gets out her phone and in my head I was like "Are you freaking kidding me! You are so not getting this guys phone number!" But she was. Ok, first of all I think he was young, second he was trash, and third, he was not good looking (pock face). For those of you who don't know, I'm a face girl. If I like your face, then there's a good possibility I will date you, regardless of what the rest of you looks like. Anyways, she totally got his number. So we finally get to leave now. As we're walking out the door, Nina's like "ok, Rene', so that guy wanted me to give you his phone number in case you're interested". I was floored. So if there was any doubt that this guy was young, that was the proof. He couldn't even talk to me "cause he was shy", so he talked to my friend instead like we were in Jr. High. LAME!
For the record, I would never date anyone who doesn't have the balls to ask me out on their own accord.
Sunday we were supposed to head back to the beach, but it was colder and Jenn and Nina were both sunburnt because they don't believe in sunscreen for some reason? So I went shorts shopping instead. Not that I found anything, but it was still a good day. That night we were supposed to go rollerskating, but the girls crapped out, so we went to coffee instead.
My knees are still bugging me, so I'm going to head to Walmart today to check out some braces before I run. I will also be stretching the entire day to see if that makes a difference.
I also have a meeting tonight for the ypB Event Planning Committee; which is not turning out how I thought it would. Once our committee has planned an event, we have no control over it's PR or execution since we are still controlled by Leadership Brevard. It's very frusterating to say the least. Makes me not want to even bother. I'll let you all know how it turns out.

So we ended up at Main Street Pub for St. Patrick's Day because the line to get into Meg's was a mile long. Not that I would've really cared about standing in line, because I can take a crowd, but I was more worried about us not being able to get drinks. Main Street Pub was cool. It got just as packed as Meg's a little later, and we had a great balcony view into the street. Here is a shot of the crowd walking by.
Here is Nina, me and Jenn. Our friend, Susan, came out with us as well. I use the term "our friend" very loosely in this sense because, really, she is Jill's friend and we just tolerate her. She works at NASA and is kinda socially retarded. She also makes out like a bandit everytime she comes out with us because we always end up buying her drinks, but she never returns the favor. I don't know if she just doesn't think about it, or what, but you have to physically tell her, "it's your turn, go buy drinks" or she won't do it. Needless to say, she didn't make it into our picture.
Now I know the bagpipes are more of a Scottish thing, but I still thought this band that came out to play for everyone was cool enough to warrant a picture. And by far the coolest pic of the night is the shamrock tattoo on this guy's bald head.Saturday was quite possibly the perfect day weather-wise. Not a cloud in the sky, a cool breeze blowing, and a high of like 85. So needless to say the girls and I took advantage and went to the beach...along with everone else and their dog. But a crowd makes it great for people watching (and people slamming which is more like what we do anyways). Afterwards we headed to Sunset Grille for some drinks and food. The service was absolutely horrible that day for some reason. It took us 20 minutes to get a waitress and about 1.5 hours to get our food...not to mention our shrimp cocktail appetizer that we ordered came after our food arrived. We weren't really in the mood to complain though since it was so gorgeous out...how could anyone be in a bad mood?
That night Nina, Jenn, Gus (friend from our days at FIT) and I decided to head to Cosmic Bowling at Shore Lanes in Merritt Island. Something I didn't know they did was give away money for getting strikes and things. Nina was offered $50 to get a strike by throwing the ball backwards between her legs...but she choked. Then Gus was offered the same for a regular strike, which he got, but the guy then offered him $300 or nothing to do it again, and he choked. The big one came when Jenn was offered $400 to get a strike, but she also cracked under the pressure. The guy didn't offer me any money though. I don't think he liked me that much, cause I was the one who kept negotiating him up for everybody. He originally offered Nina $20, but I was like "no deal...he's got more money in his pocket", so he raised it to $50. Then with Jenn he held up 4 fingers (meaning $40), but I was like Jenn did you see that? He's offering you $400 for a strike! And he totally played into it! If only we were better bowlers, we'd be swimming in money right now.
So we were done for the evening and ready to leave, then we look back and Nina is talking to the guy that was bowling next to us. So we're patiently waiting...and waiting...and waiting. Then she gets out her phone and in my head I was like "Are you freaking kidding me! You are so not getting this guys phone number!" But she was. Ok, first of all I think he was young, second he was trash, and third, he was not good looking (pock face). For those of you who don't know, I'm a face girl. If I like your face, then there's a good possibility I will date you, regardless of what the rest of you looks like. Anyways, she totally got his number. So we finally get to leave now. As we're walking out the door, Nina's like "ok, Rene', so that guy wanted me to give you his phone number in case you're interested". I was floored. So if there was any doubt that this guy was young, that was the proof. He couldn't even talk to me "cause he was shy", so he talked to my friend instead like we were in Jr. High. LAME!
For the record, I would never date anyone who doesn't have the balls to ask me out on their own accord.
Sunday we were supposed to head back to the beach, but it was colder and Jenn and Nina were both sunburnt because they don't believe in sunscreen for some reason? So I went shorts shopping instead. Not that I found anything, but it was still a good day. That night we were supposed to go rollerskating, but the girls crapped out, so we went to coffee instead.
My knees are still bugging me, so I'm going to head to Walmart today to check out some braces before I run. I will also be stretching the entire day to see if that makes a difference.
I also have a meeting tonight for the ypB Event Planning Committee; which is not turning out how I thought it would. Once our committee has planned an event, we have no control over it's PR or execution since we are still controlled by Leadership Brevard. It's very frusterating to say the least. Makes me not want to even bother. I'll let you all know how it turns out.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home