Fatty
So I went and got my body fat analysis last night to keep track of my progress and I have only lost .4% body fat, and have gained no lean muscle, even though I have been going to the gym for 2 hours a day, like 4-5 times per week for about a month and a half now doing cardio and strength training. I wasn't surprised. I have known for a long time that my body loses weight and builds muscle about as fast as a slug crawls...now I just have the documented proof of it. I mean, even when I taught step and sculpting classes for 2 years back at Vanderbilt, I was not really muscular. I was in shape, but I was still on the pudgy side in areas. That's just the way my body will be for the amount of time I am willing to spend on it, always slightly pudgy. I've accepted it. That doesn't mean I'm not going to work hard and keep doing what I'm doing. I'll still do it because I like it. But just so you all know, I have to bust my ass just to look the way that I do now...slightly pudgy. And if I didn't exercise at all and ate what I wanted, I would level off at about 15 lbs heavier than I am now. All this work for a lousy 15lbs.
I feel kinda sorry for my PT, Laura, cause I know she was expecting better results. I remember when we first started training she was like, "you're going to see results fast". I just smiled back, but was thinking in my head, 'woman, you're in trouble if you think I will be anywhere in 2 months'. My body is just not quick about anything.
I was also not surprised by the results because I haven't been keeping track of my food intake as much as I should be. Now I'm not going crazy with eating, or even eating a lot of the wrong things, but at the end of the day it is calorie consumption that makes you lose/gain weight, and maybe I have been consuming more than my fair share in the evening? Some has to do with beer, some cookies (i heart Nilla Wafers), some Starbucks. I am not incapable of eating only 1200 calories/day...I did it for a month and a half last year and lost 10 lbs and 3% body fat. And I don't remember it being hard at all. I have since only gained back like 2 lbs. So maybe I'm not doing it again because I know it's so easy and I can do it at any time? Where's the challenge? Maybe if I had some competition against me I would want to do it again? Any takers?
So last night it was raining which caused The Running Zone to cancel their Thurs night run. It's just as well, because Jenn and I showed up 20 minutes late to it anyways due to some ridiculous traffic. It took us over an hour to get there from Rockledge, when it normally takes us about 25 minutes! So we just attended the Women in Motion thing they had going on that night. Jenn bought some new bras that actually hold her in, and we both bought some new inserts for our running shoes that should maybe help alleviate her ankle pain and my knee pain...which is back now with a vengeance.
I was planning on heading to the County Line that night, but I really didn't feel like getting ready. If I had already been ready, I would've just gone...but even the thought of showering, blow-drying, styling, putting on make-up, and picking out clothes seemed so daunting to me that I decided to hang out and catch up on American Idol instead.
So poor little Kevin finally got the boot. It's just as well; we all knew he wasn't going to win, so whether he leaves now or later is of no consequence. The ones that I thought did a great job on their last performance were Chris, Catherine, and Mandisa, and I think the competition will eventually come down to these three. Everyone else was slightly forgettable...even Taylor Hicks, whom I love, didn't do his best.
Tonight, Jill, Jill's Mom (Lynn), Jenn, Nina, and I are heading to The Melting Pot for dinner (or as Jill Grandfather mistakenly calls it, The Potty Melt...leave him alone, he's like 90)!! Yea! It's one of my favorite restaurants and I always have a blast there. I haven't been in quite a while because it's expensive...but so worth it once in a blue moon.
So after work I will head to the gym for an hour arm workout, then home to clean up for dinner. Since we're doing the eat-fondue-til-you-pop thing tonight, I'm guessing we will keep things pretty low-key for the rest of the evening (ie. no bars or beers). AND, since I didn't get to run or workout at all yesterday, I just might be convinced to head to the 8am Saturday run with the Cocoa YMCA. Yes, Jeff, you read that right, I MIGHT be convinced to try it out...mostly for curiosity's sake. But we will have to see how I feel that morning, so no guarantees, Mister!
I feel kinda sorry for my PT, Laura, cause I know she was expecting better results. I remember when we first started training she was like, "you're going to see results fast". I just smiled back, but was thinking in my head, 'woman, you're in trouble if you think I will be anywhere in 2 months'. My body is just not quick about anything.
I was also not surprised by the results because I haven't been keeping track of my food intake as much as I should be. Now I'm not going crazy with eating, or even eating a lot of the wrong things, but at the end of the day it is calorie consumption that makes you lose/gain weight, and maybe I have been consuming more than my fair share in the evening? Some has to do with beer, some cookies (i heart Nilla Wafers), some Starbucks. I am not incapable of eating only 1200 calories/day...I did it for a month and a half last year and lost 10 lbs and 3% body fat. And I don't remember it being hard at all. I have since only gained back like 2 lbs. So maybe I'm not doing it again because I know it's so easy and I can do it at any time? Where's the challenge? Maybe if I had some competition against me I would want to do it again? Any takers?
So last night it was raining which caused The Running Zone to cancel their Thurs night run. It's just as well, because Jenn and I showed up 20 minutes late to it anyways due to some ridiculous traffic. It took us over an hour to get there from Rockledge, when it normally takes us about 25 minutes! So we just attended the Women in Motion thing they had going on that night. Jenn bought some new bras that actually hold her in, and we both bought some new inserts for our running shoes that should maybe help alleviate her ankle pain and my knee pain...which is back now with a vengeance.
I was planning on heading to the County Line that night, but I really didn't feel like getting ready. If I had already been ready, I would've just gone...but even the thought of showering, blow-drying, styling, putting on make-up, and picking out clothes seemed so daunting to me that I decided to hang out and catch up on American Idol instead.
So poor little Kevin finally got the boot. It's just as well; we all knew he wasn't going to win, so whether he leaves now or later is of no consequence. The ones that I thought did a great job on their last performance were Chris, Catherine, and Mandisa, and I think the competition will eventually come down to these three. Everyone else was slightly forgettable...even Taylor Hicks, whom I love, didn't do his best.Tonight, Jill, Jill's Mom (Lynn), Jenn, Nina, and I are heading to The Melting Pot for dinner (or as Jill Grandfather mistakenly calls it, The Potty Melt...leave him alone, he's like 90)!! Yea! It's one of my favorite restaurants and I always have a blast there. I haven't been in quite a while because it's expensive...but so worth it once in a blue moon.
So after work I will head to the gym for an hour arm workout, then home to clean up for dinner. Since we're doing the eat-fondue-til-you-pop thing tonight, I'm guessing we will keep things pretty low-key for the rest of the evening (ie. no bars or beers). AND, since I didn't get to run or workout at all yesterday, I just might be convinced to head to the 8am Saturday run with the Cocoa YMCA. Yes, Jeff, you read that right, I MIGHT be convinced to try it out...mostly for curiosity's sake. But we will have to see how I feel that morning, so no guarantees, Mister!


5 Comments:
At 10:52 AM,
JGirten said…
WOW.. I know it is not a "for sure" but you are thinking about making it out tomorrow morning.. GREAT. Dont let the slow progress discourage you.. I think you are doing great and my challenge is to come run with me on Saturday Mornings.. ha ha I am always up for a challenge, lay it out and I will step up to the plate..
I look forward to seeing you in the morning.. I have a meeting in Orlando so I will not see you tonight.
J
At 11:10 AM,
Anonymous said…
Kevin Covais could be your ideal guy: A baby-faced, nice fellow who sings fairly well! I can just imagine you and Jenn pinching his cheeks...I say you email him...
At 11:20 AM,
Rene' said…
Dude, according to MTV.com, Kevin is on the lookout for "gold-diggers" who just want to date him for his fame! Hahaha!
Besides, you've seen my track record with the young'ns...why would I do that to myself...I love me.
And Jeff, maybe you can think of a good motivating goal for me to get back on my 1200 calorie diet?
At 9:44 AM,
JGirten said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
At 9:46 AM,
JGirten said…
Rene, I want to tell you how great you did running this morning. I was VERY impressed even though I know you were over me telling you to keep going. You did a fantastic job and I would luv to see you continue to attend Saturday mornings. I know it is a long shot but I have to keep a positive attitude.
As for the motivating goal.. I am all about goals and challenges..
First we would need to discuss this 1200 calorie thing.. I am not and have never beed a calorie counter.. everything I have done it ust through hard work and determination. I used to weigh in at 286, can you believe that.. ha ha
Post a Comment
<< Home