All About Me!

Welcome to my website! Here you will find out all about me; ie. what I'm doing, thinking, eating, watching, feeling...you get the drift. And yes, my ego is just big enough to believe that you really care ;)

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Humpday Boredom

Nothing exciting happening this Wednesday. Jenn and I bumped up our 5K yesterday to walk 1 minute, run 3 minutes and we were fine with it. The only problem I had was that I got a little bored during the 3 minute runs. With 2 minutes, it's just enough time to look forward to the walk coming up...just enough time to scan the gym and check everyone out and wonder what they are thinking, just enough time to check out the comercials on the TV. But with 3 minutes, there's that whole extra minute where I can't think of anything else to do. Maybe when I run outside tomorrow, it will be different? More things to look at through the park.

Speaking of running tomorrow, Jenn has to work late tomorrow night :( So looks like I will be running by myself then. It does kinda suck because I like the company and the comfort of running with her; but on the plus side, I can try and run at a faster pace and see how I do. I suggested to her that maybe we could run on Saturday together through the park (now I just have to remember what trails I take since they pick up the signs afterwards on Thursday night).

Tonight, though, Jenn and I are taking a break from the pounding of the treadmill and heading back into the spinning room. It will be a much deserved break from our knees and shins...plus, we get to listen to music.

My friend Nina is headed back out to sea for 3-5 days today. She'll be on an actual rig for her first time...and that means no smoking. So she headed into CVS this morning to get some patches and gum and whatever else she can grab. She smokes like a chimney and I really think she will have a big problem when she does decide to quit. She's set a limit of not smoking past the age of 30, so she's got about 1.5 years left to puff away.

I hope my next post will be more interesting.

5 Comments:

  • At 11:22 AM, Blogger JGirten said…

    Any post is a good post.. I am glad to see you are going the route of bumping up the run times. Otuside is much better and you crack me up with what you are thinking when you look around the gym.. I like to think what their inner monologue is and how they are feeling by the look on their face.. yes it is a boring humpday.. ha ha

     
  • At 12:20 PM, Blogger Rene' said…

    Ya, like the blonde bombshell that was lifting yesterday. Here is her inner monologue:

    "I think I will leave my long beautiful blonde hair down while I lift weights. I know it gets in my face constantly, but I look so much sexier with it down. Why is noone looking over here at me!? I can't arch my back any more than this people! Hmmm...maybe if I bend over the bench and hike my shorts up my crack, it'll get their attention."

     
  • At 1:05 PM, Blogger JGirten said…

    Ha Ha you crack me up.. I guess I missed her.. ha ha

    Here is the inner monologue of the muscle head that only does bench press, every day--

    "Wow look at that blonde with the hair in her eyes.. I wish she would move it so she could see how huge I am as I try and lift this 300lbs 1 time and then jump up and flex in the mirror.. I am so huge I cant see her in the mirror past my huge massivness as she arches her back.. WOW I am huge..!! I wonder if those shorts she has on would fit me as big as I am..??"

     
  • At 1:19 PM, Blogger Rene' said…

    Hahaha! Awesome! I love it!

     
  • At 6:35 PM, Blogger Shy said…

    Hi. Thanks for posting back at Shockingly Provincial.

    I have never tried a spin class before. I'm not sure if I would make it through the first few times...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home