All About Me!

Welcome to my website! Here you will find out all about me; ie. what I'm doing, thinking, eating, watching, feeling...you get the drift. And yes, my ego is just big enough to believe that you really care ;)

Monday, March 13, 2006

My first 5K

So we did it. Jenn and I finished our first 5K this Saturday. It's something I never thought I would do. I've never been a runner; it's always frusterated me. But now that I've had a taste of it, I'm hooked. I can't wait to try and better myself for the Run for the Gecko 5K on May 13th. That means Jenn and I have about 2 months to get our time down, and I think in that amount of time we can cut a significant chunk off.

This 5K was a little different than most, I hear. It was through Wickham Park trails, lots of sand and roots in the ground...plenty of things to trip over or twist an ankle on...but I think most people did just fine. Jenn almost ate it once, but she caught herself. I was a bit miffed that I had to dirty up my new shoes, but it was bound to happen eventually. To give you a good idea of what the course looked like, here is a bird's eye view of all the twists and turns we had to endure.

Here is a before and after pic of Jenn and I, and I don't think we look too worn out afterwards. I was just happy that we kept up with the pace we were running. We're still doing the walk 1 minute, run 2 minutes. It gives us small goals to strive for the entire race so we don't get bored, and also keeps us from expending our energy all at once so we can actually make it through the entire race. I think I am ready to bump up my running workout, but I don't think Jenn is yet. I think today at the gym I will bump up my speed on the treadmill to see if I can beat 40 minutes.



The Cocoa YMCA had a large showing this Saturday. Here is a group shot of everyone that showed up (minus a few people that took off right after the race).






We even had some people in our group that placed, including my Personal Trainer, Laura, and some guy with peirced nipples. Here is a nipple close-up:



I thought maybe I was developing a cold this weekend, but I have since diagnosed myself with allergies instead. I've never had allergies before, but the huge pile of pollen outside my house just keeps getting bigger and bigger. So there's a first time for everything. I've just been sneezing, had sinus trouble, by eyes feel funny and my nose is very itchy. I have some Claritin left over from Quailman that I should be taking, but I forgot about it this morning. So I will just be constantly rubbing eyes and face and sneezing all day long.

Cyber is down so I can't do any work today. So I will take this opportunity to maybe put up some interesting posts. Controversial topics maybe? Or maybe I will just rant about certain individuals that are pissing me off lately? Maybe I will do a sprirtual post? Who knows what I will feel like in an hour.

1 Comments:

  • At 11:14 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Congrats!!!!!! I thinnk you both did an amazing job and I am glad that you are hooked. I am going to make a night run so that you both can make it to join us and get more involved. I hope you had a great weekend.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home