All About Me!

Welcome to my website! Here you will find out all about me; ie. what I'm doing, thinking, eating, watching, feeling...you get the drift. And yes, my ego is just big enough to believe that you really care ;)

Friday, March 03, 2006

Nutrition

So the visit with the nutritionist was worth it, I felt. She really just confirmed that I am doing everything I should be doing (except the drinking enough water thing, which I already knew). This is good news because really, I was just flying blind before. I thought maybe I was doing the right thing by counting calories, but I wasn't sure. She, Kelly Chanay, said the 3 things I should be looking at most when I go shopping are #1, calorie count. To maintain my body weight she said I need around 1600 calories/day. #2, Fiber content. I never really paid any attention to fiber before, but now I will have to start looking. And #3, the vitamin content, particularly iron and calcium. She also wants me to start taking a multi vitamin and a separate calcium suppliment. She also confirmed that I was doing an ok thing by cutting out some of my dinner calories if I were to go drinking that night. It's not ok for everyone to do so, but she says for me it is ok. So what I have to do now, though, is add like 2 more fruits or veges to my diet. So that means that I will be eating about once per hour. It seems like a lot to me, but I will do it if it's the right thing to do. So that means a typical day will look like this for me:

8am - Slim Fast
9am - Fruit/Vege
10am - Yogurt
11am - Fruit/Vege
12pm - Soup
1pm - Mozzarella Stick
3pm - Fruit/Vege

That gives me about 800 calories before the gym. Then I burn maybe 600 calories from 4-6pm doing cardio and weight training. To lose some weight I should eat less than 1600 calories/day, so we'll do 1300/day. That leaves 500 calories for dinner. Which can be easily done with veges and fish, leaving some room for goldfish crackers or some nilla wafers.

Now I'm not going to go all Natzi-calorie counting, but I can get a general idea by not straying far from this daily routine. I am a very routine person anyways. I like a schedule, I like structure. I like doing the same thing everyday at the same time and knowing what the outcome will be. It's safe and comforting.

The 18th Annual Strawberry Festival benefitting Habitat for Humanity will be held this Saturday. They say it's free, but they must hit you up for money somewhere, right? Anyways, it's from 8-4pm at Wickham Park, which happens to be not far from The Running Zone, so I might pop over there to see if I can score some new Sneaks that day instead of withing to go on Sunday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home