All About Me!

Welcome to my website! Here you will find out all about me; ie. what I'm doing, thinking, eating, watching, feeling...you get the drift. And yes, my ego is just big enough to believe that you really care ;)

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Other Things

So, since I have been so wrapped up in this friggin guy lately, who, by the way pissed me off again last night. I tried to make him call me in a humerous non-threatening way by texting him this message "Hmmm...seems like someone is procrastinating calling me? Allow me to make you an appointment. Call me tomorrow at 8pm." Then he wrote back, "no, I will call you soon", which I took to mean 'within the hour'. Obviously, I was mistaken because he didn't call at all that night. And he was home because twice he took his IM's off 'mobile' and he was online on match.com. OK, so that's all I have to say about that.

Anyways, I have failed to mention all the other things going on in my life because I've been so distracted.
The personal training with Laura is going well (although her punctuality and shorthand notes are something to be desired). And Jenn and I have signed up to do a 5K on March 11th benefiting the Big Brothers and Big Sisters of Brevard. So I have been in training the last two days on the treadmill and let me tell you, I actually surprised myself with how well I've been doing on it. I've always been a little aprehensive about running because I didn't think I was good at it, and the treadmill just points out that fact to everyone in the gym. Well, Laura put me on it, and had me run 1 minute, then walk 1 minute to start off and get me used to it. Almost immediately, I decided I could easily run 2 minutes, then walk 1 minute. On Monday I did 2.1 miles and then Tues. I did 2.7 miles. A 5K is 3.1 miles, so I'm working my way up to that distance first, then I will work on doing it faster. I acutally stopped running yesterday not because I was tired, but becauuse my hips were hurting and I could feel my feet getting blisters because my shoes weren't tight enough. One of the Cocoa YMCA's employees, Jeff, who also heads the Cocoa Y Running Group checked out my gait and saw that I run on the outsides of my feet. He recomended I go and buy running shoes from the Running Zone, as well as good socks. I guess they make shoes that can "correct" for running on the outsides of your feet. He says a great pair of shoes will make all the difference and will probably alleviate my hip stress. It's worth a shot, right?
Jenn has actually been sick the last two days (in fact, I think she is getting worse) and has not been able to start training with me yet...but it's probably for the best anyways because I think she is a better runner than I am...it will give me a chance to catch up to her level.
I went on the Running Zone website and it said that they are hosting a Free Run for the Gecko Training Program. I think it would be good for Jenn and I to start doing this. I know for myself that I can't get up at 7am and go running, so 6pm at night is much better, and I think Jenn will agree with me.

I also forgot to tell you that I am now on the Young Professionals of Brevard Event Planning Committee. So I get to help plan all the monthly Meet and Greets as well as the Member's Only Social Outings. It's pretty fun and it's been an outlet for my creativity. The last event was at Ichabod's Beachside in Satellite Bch. and it was a success. I think we had about 20 people join that night, so that puts our total membership at close to 200! Some of the girls that joined that night were up for going out afterwards, so a bunch of us headed to Lou's Blues for a few beers. Here are some pics from that night:


And I completely forgot to tell you all about Movin' Out that we saw last weekend at the Bob Carr in Orlando. It's a musical comprised of only Billy Joel songs. I love Billy Joel and and he has never written a bad song, so I thought "what a great idea!" It was what I expected it to be, except shorter. I mean it was real short. There was no dialogue, which I had known ahead of time. It was just the one guy singing and the cast dancing out the songs. The dancing was great, the singing was great, but I'm not sure if it made for a $50 show, you know? I left feeling slightly disappointed. Mamma Mia! should be better. It's the same concept, except only ABBA songs, but there is also dialogue. That is coming in May I believe to the Bob Carr.

My dad turned 55 on Thursday. He's oficially a senior citizen now. Discounts on movie tickets, sweet! I sent him a CSR polo and a card, which too forever to get there. We thought the package had gotten lost in the mail, and silly me did not get insurance or a tracking number on it. But it got there...all be it 4 days late, but it got there.

This past Saturday Jenn and I headed over to Mardi Gras in Cocoa Village. They have a parade every year and throw beads and stuff. We were supposed to get there around 8pm for the parade, but Jenn's friend from NY, Abby, called and she talked with her until 9pm. So we got there after the parade, walked around and made fun of people, got a bite to eat, but then got bored waiting for the fireworks, so we headed to Walmart to look for Can't Hardly Wait. It's a stupid-ass hillarious teen movie that Jenn and I love...but we couldn't find it. So instead, we went back to my place and fell asleep watching A Knight's Tale (which is also a good flick).

Last night was Fat Tuesday. Jenn, Jill and I were going to go try out a new Restaurant called And All That Jazz Cafe, that serves authenitc New Orleans Red Beans and Rice, but since Jenn was/is sick, we thought we would stay in and order pizza instead. Jenn ended up being too sick to come over, so Jill and I stayed home and watched 6 episodes of Scrubs Season 2 and pigged out on Pizza Hut. I recommend the new Cheesy Bites Pizza.

Tomorrow I will be seeing a nutritionist for the first time. It only costs me $15 with my health plan, so I figured, why not? Hopefully they can give me a little insight on what is personally good for me to eat. Is it no carbs or low fat? All protein or count my calories? How does sodium play a role in all this? And other questions like that. I'll let you know what they say :)

Friday is the Cocoa Beach Area Chamber of Commerce's Annual Chowder Cook-off. Restaurants in the area compete against one another to win the coveted spot at Springfest where they are the ONLY vendor allowed to sell their chowder. I haven't been that big a fan of chowder, but I went last year and had a great time, and had some very non-conventional chowders that kinda turned me around. It's at 6pm in Cape Canaveral Terminal 4. Tickets at the door are $20.

My good friend Nina is coming home this Friday!! She's been out on a boat for 6 weeks now, but funny thing is, I don't think she did any work due to weather and other circumstances. So really, she just hung out for 6 weeks in the Gulf. I think she has decided to be a contract employee for Geocet. This way, she can tell them when she is available, instead of the other way around. She won't get their health insurance, but it's a small price to pay to have a set schedule.

So there's your update on my life as of today. Stay tuned!

3 Comments:

  • At 1:12 PM, Blogger JGirten said…

    WOW, I feel honored that I made it to your BLOG.. I am really interested in what we talked about and I understand if you had to go last night. The event went well, I just hope to have more participation at the next meeting which means that I hope you can attend that one.. ha ha.. I look forward to more original writing from you. Have a great day and I will see you at the Y later.

    J

     
  • At 12:12 PM, Blogger Rene' said…

    Yea, my first comment! I have no shame when I write, so you can only poke fun at me if you promise to point and laugh as well :)

     
  • At 4:10 PM, Blogger JGirten said…

    Well I am surpried that I am the first comment that you received, I really enjoy reading your BLOG. I have been dragging on my personal one and I am trying to get back into it.

    http://jgirten.blogspot.com/

    I like what you said though.. that you have no shame and that is how it should be when you write freely.. and I love to point and laugh.. ha ha Have a great day.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home