Random Updates
If you gauge the success of the Strawberry Festival by how hard it was to find parking over there, then it was a hit because I must've drove around for 20 minutes looking for a spot...and I was almost out of gas! I finally did find a spot though and hiked the 10 minutes up to the festival. It was semi-fun and interesting, all be it depressing since I was by myself. This was a place for families, and since I don't have one, I was starting to mope a bit. This was the year I was supposed to start having children if my ex-husband hadn't left. It's sad knowing that I may have to wait another 5 years or so before I will have children, and that is provided I find someone to have them with. There is always that fear in the back of my head that I may never find anyone and the opportunity to have children will pass me by. But I try not to think about it because it depresses me so much that tears will well up instantly...like they are now...ok, moving on.
So while I was at the festival, I ran across the street to the Running Zone to get some new Sneaks. I was helped by a very tall, average looking man, maybe 26ish, named Kyle. I saw this as an opportunity to cheer myself up and I began to flirt my ass off. I always feel better when I blatently flirt with a random stranger...I guess I get a rush of excitement from it? I think I might've made Kyle slightly flustered though, because he was constantly forgetting things and messing up his words...and it took him 3 separate tries to scan in my merchandise. It was cute and endearing. It was hard getting him to flirt back with me because I'm sure he felt it inappropriate...but at the end he finally caved and said of his 3 messed-up scans, "it's all a clever ploy to keep you here longer." Awwww.... So these are the things I've learned about him:
He works on the airplanes at the Melbourne Airport, he works at Running Zone on the weekends for fun, he is a runner and he rides a bike, he is divorced with no children and his ex-wife is from here, he owns a house, and he said he remembers the Challenger blowing up when he was in first grade...so that's where I got that he is probably around 26. I invited him out the the ypB socials and gave him my e-mail if he had any questions. I also said that Jenn and I would probably be coming to the Thurs night runnning practice, which he attends. I doubt he has the balls to ask me out though...who knows if he is even ready to date anyways, I have no idea how long ago his divorce was? So I will probably just continue to meet my flirting needs with him until he tells me to stop.

So the shoes I got were Asics, like these, except in pink:
They cost me $90, but are a vast improvement from my other shoes, but I'm still a bit wary of them. I used them yesterday (Sun.) at the gym to try them out. While lifting (which I've learned I'm not supposed to do in these shoes, lest I wear out the shocks), my left foot kept getting a numb feeling, so I thought maybe the shoe was laced too tight. Then while running, my feet bottoms were getting hot meaning I was having a lot of friction, so I guess the shoes weren't laced tight enough? I will give them another whirl tonight.
Speaking of the gym yesterday, I noticed a bit of improvement on my running. I was still doing the run 2 minutes, walk 1 minute, until I got to 34 minutes, then I just started running the whole rest of the way. The last bit took me 7 minutes, but I still wasn't that tired at the end of the 41 minutes it took me to go the whole 3.1 miles. I really concentrate on my breathing the whole time, and I didn't notice it getting that heavy. In fact, at the end of the 7 minutes, my HR was only up to 175...which is good for me. So all in all, I am really proud at how far I have come with my running in only a week of trying it out! Makes me want to stick with it.
Jenn is finally feeling a lot better after her flu week. We even went back to Running Zone yesterday to get her some shoes as well. She has fallen arches, so she needed a different category of shoe than I did. It only took her 2 tries to find a good shoe that she liked, while it took me like 8 tries. She bought Brooks shoes (never heard of 'em), and she is supposed to go try them out at the gym later today. I have a PT session with Laura today at 4pm, so Jenn and I will probably run separately.
So last night was Oscar night at Jenn's place. I thought John Stewart did a horrible job of hosting it. He was bombing right and left all night and I was kinda bored throughout most of the show...good thing I wasn't watching it by myself. I was upset that Jake Gyllenhaal didn't win for best supporting actor, but happy that Ang Lee won for best director, both for Brokeback Mountain. Speaking of movies, Jenn, Nina, and I went to see Freedomland starring Samuel L. Jackson and Julianne Moore Saturday night. I'm not really sure I understand the point of the movie...maybe racial persecution? It was alright. It is definately worth seeing due to Julianne Moor's acting though...she will surely
win an award for her performance because she was awesome!

Our dinner beforehand was the best part of the evening. We went to Skewers (Mediterranean food) which is located by 192 and A1A. It was awesome! Their tabouleah was the best I have eaver tasted and their hummus was nothing to balk at either. I ended up getting the Butterfly Combo which had a little bit of everything, and it all was wonderful! Plus, they had a belly dancer out almost the entire evening. I highly, highly recommend this place, and it is going on my list of favorite restaurants.
Well, time to eat a vegetable, so peace out.
So while I was at the festival, I ran across the street to the Running Zone to get some new Sneaks. I was helped by a very tall, average looking man, maybe 26ish, named Kyle. I saw this as an opportunity to cheer myself up and I began to flirt my ass off. I always feel better when I blatently flirt with a random stranger...I guess I get a rush of excitement from it? I think I might've made Kyle slightly flustered though, because he was constantly forgetting things and messing up his words...and it took him 3 separate tries to scan in my merchandise. It was cute and endearing. It was hard getting him to flirt back with me because I'm sure he felt it inappropriate...but at the end he finally caved and said of his 3 messed-up scans, "it's all a clever ploy to keep you here longer." Awwww.... So these are the things I've learned about him:
He works on the airplanes at the Melbourne Airport, he works at Running Zone on the weekends for fun, he is a runner and he rides a bike, he is divorced with no children and his ex-wife is from here, he owns a house, and he said he remembers the Challenger blowing up when he was in first grade...so that's where I got that he is probably around 26. I invited him out the the ypB socials and gave him my e-mail if he had any questions. I also said that Jenn and I would probably be coming to the Thurs night runnning practice, which he attends. I doubt he has the balls to ask me out though...who knows if he is even ready to date anyways, I have no idea how long ago his divorce was? So I will probably just continue to meet my flirting needs with him until he tells me to stop.

So the shoes I got were Asics, like these, except in pink:
They cost me $90, but are a vast improvement from my other shoes, but I'm still a bit wary of them. I used them yesterday (Sun.) at the gym to try them out. While lifting (which I've learned I'm not supposed to do in these shoes, lest I wear out the shocks), my left foot kept getting a numb feeling, so I thought maybe the shoe was laced too tight. Then while running, my feet bottoms were getting hot meaning I was having a lot of friction, so I guess the shoes weren't laced tight enough? I will give them another whirl tonight.
Speaking of the gym yesterday, I noticed a bit of improvement on my running. I was still doing the run 2 minutes, walk 1 minute, until I got to 34 minutes, then I just started running the whole rest of the way. The last bit took me 7 minutes, but I still wasn't that tired at the end of the 41 minutes it took me to go the whole 3.1 miles. I really concentrate on my breathing the whole time, and I didn't notice it getting that heavy. In fact, at the end of the 7 minutes, my HR was only up to 175...which is good for me. So all in all, I am really proud at how far I have come with my running in only a week of trying it out! Makes me want to stick with it.
Jenn is finally feeling a lot better after her flu week. We even went back to Running Zone yesterday to get her some shoes as well. She has fallen arches, so she needed a different category of shoe than I did. It only took her 2 tries to find a good shoe that she liked, while it took me like 8 tries. She bought Brooks shoes (never heard of 'em), and she is supposed to go try them out at the gym later today. I have a PT session with Laura today at 4pm, so Jenn and I will probably run separately.
So last night was Oscar night at Jenn's place. I thought John Stewart did a horrible job of hosting it. He was bombing right and left all night and I was kinda bored throughout most of the show...good thing I wasn't watching it by myself. I was upset that Jake Gyllenhaal didn't win for best supporting actor, but happy that Ang Lee won for best director, both for Brokeback Mountain. Speaking of movies, Jenn, Nina, and I went to see Freedomland starring Samuel L. Jackson and Julianne Moore Saturday night. I'm not really sure I understand the point of the movie...maybe racial persecution? It was alright. It is definately worth seeing due to Julianne Moor's acting though...she will surely
win an award for her performance because she was awesome!
Our dinner beforehand was the best part of the evening. We went to Skewers (Mediterranean food) which is located by 192 and A1A. It was awesome! Their tabouleah was the best I have eaver tasted and their hummus was nothing to balk at either. I ended up getting the Butterfly Combo which had a little bit of everything, and it all was wonderful! Plus, they had a belly dancer out almost the entire evening. I highly, highly recommend this place, and it is going on my list of favorite restaurants.
Well, time to eat a vegetable, so peace out.


1 Comments:
At 1:57 PM,
JGirten said…
I am glad that you went and got the shoes and it sounds like you had fun doing so.. ha ha The issue with the numbness and friction could be a few things. One of them being how tight you tie the shoes and sometimes it takes a few tries to find the right tension. It also has to do with the socks that you are wearing. I like that you open up and can say what is on your mind and how you are feeling.
Have a great day.
J
Post a Comment
<< Home