All About Me!

Welcome to my website! Here you will find out all about me; ie. what I'm doing, thinking, eating, watching, feeling...you get the drift. And yes, my ego is just big enough to believe that you really care ;)

Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Running Journal

So Jeff said that I should be keeping a running journal of my progress. So from now on, the day after my run I'm going to devote a little section of my posts to just that.

So, on 3/21/06 from 4-5pm - My knees hurt a little, but not as bad as the day before. I stretched out quite a bit at work (approx 30 minutes) and for about 10 minutes before running. Ran 3.1 miles in 39:36 with a "walk 1 min @ 3 mph and a run 3 min @ 5.2 mph" pace. Jenn and I were forced to used the treadmills over by the windows and it was just balls hot yesterday, so we were pouring sweat. I check my HR during the walk at about the 40 sec mark. It's usually around 155-160 bpm. By the time I start running again I can usually get it down to 150 bpm. I feel like I am at the point now where my body starts to tire before my lungs do. I can control my breath pretty good, but my legs start to feel fatigued about halfway through the run. But all in all I felt fine running, just hot. I ate the same thing I do everyday - Slim Fast, Yogurt, Carrots, Soup, Cheese Stick, Trail Mix, Apple; but I forgot to take my vitamin. Didn't drink anything til I got to the gym, then drank about 15 oz while running, and another 15 oz while stretching and doing my arm workout later.

Ok, so now that that is done, I don't really have anything that interesting to report. Jenn had to go into work at 4am this morning and she will get out around noon, which means I will probably be spinning by myself tonight.

I have that date tonight with that Chris guy. I'm not really looking forward to it. In fact, I would like to dye my hair tonight instead and get some laundry done. I haven't heard from him and he doesn't have my phone number, so lets hope he shows up. Actually, I really don't care if he shows up. If I get stood up, I will still sleep soundly tonight, trust me.

One of my favorite TV shows is back on with fresh new episodes! Scrubs is so random and hillarious. The main character, J.D. (Zach Braff), does a lot of narration and daydreaming throughout the episode, which leads to such thing as him having an afro, or "chest hands" even. Jill and I almost died last night because they showed a guy with a kitten lodged in his mouth (random, right?) in one of J.D.'s daydreams. It was the funniest, and most outrageous thing they could've done. Awesome. I highly recommend this show, but you should probably start from the beginning so you can see the relationship development between the characters (like how J.D. and the Janitor (Neil Flynn) started). As much as I love J.D.'s character, I think I love Elliot (Sarah Chalke) more. She neurotic, crazy, brilliant, and beautiful all rolled into one.

I forgot to tell about the ypB meeting on Monday night. Nothing too interesting happened. Just more stuff about how we have no control over anything that happens, but we're still in charge of planning it? Don't ask me how that works, I don't get it either. I kinda feel like a sucker.

That's all for now folks!

1 Comments:

  • At 3:55 PM, Blogger JGirten said…

    I am glad you took on the running journal.. It may not make sense at fist but it will pay off later on. I think you are doing great with running and really improving. I hope I am not to much of a pest with trying to help and give advice?? I also LOVE SCRUBS.. I went to medical school and some of the stuff hits home and makes me think of what others had going through their mind back then. I love the lead Dr. I cant think of his name but I love his attitude.. Ohh well I am glad I was able to catch up and post.. Talk to you later.

    J

     

Post a Comment

<< Home