All About Me!

Welcome to my website! Here you will find out all about me; ie. what I'm doing, thinking, eating, watching, feeling...you get the drift. And yes, my ego is just big enough to believe that you really care ;)

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Tuesday-Newsday...FIRE!

So the place where Jenn and I run with The Running Zone on Thursday night has burned! Wickham Park has lost about 100 acres to the fire Gods! Crap! Now, I don't know if it affects the trail where we run...I'm gonna have to call the Running Zone about that. Not that we would be running this Thursday anyways since we will be hanging at the Dog N Bone Thursday night for ypB. BTW, anyone under 40 is invited to come and hang out with me Thursday night from 5:30-7:30 at Dog N Bone...and chances are, we will be there til the place closes for those of you who get off work later :)

So here is me being quoted in the Florida Today. It's a follow up article to the big housing story they had a few months back where Your's Truely made it on to the front page...picture and all :) But, of course, they have to screw up on something...I rent in Rockledge you morons, not Palm Bay!

So there's a solar eclipse tomorrow...in Libya. Such a cool event, so it's too bad that we won't be seeing it this time :( And too bad it is wasted on idiots that believe in silly superstitions. These things were really reported in their newspapers...unbelievable:
One Indian paper advised pregnant women not to go outside during the eclipse to avoid having a blind baby or one with a cleft lip. Food cooked before the eclipse should be thrown out afterward because it will be impure and those who are holding a knife or ax during the eclipse will cut themselves, the Hindustan Times added.

Running Journal: Yesterday Jenn and I ran 5K on the treadmills from 4-5pm. We really tried to push ourselves, so we ran for 20 minutes straight, then took a 1.5 minute break before we picked it back up again. I took another 1.5 minute break at the 30 minute mark, before I picked up my pace to the end. My time was a minute slower than on Saturday, but I have no idea how fast I run outside. So when I pick 5.5 mph on the treadmill, it could be slower than what I run outside? BTW, Jenn and I both got blisters on our feet! WTF!? We both got new insoles for our shoes, so that might be doing it. So I have band-aids for the short term cure, but I'm afraid to run without them now. My knees still hurt, but not as bad as they have before, so I think the insoles might be helping in that respect. I took my vitamin, and ate the usual that day. I forgot my water bottle, so I didn't drink a whole lot. I felt fine, not really out of breath or anything...just kinda bored while running.

Jill and her Mom left early this morning for the airport. Her Mom said she would say goodbye, but I got up and noone was home :( Oh well. I like Jill's Mom so it was great having her down for a bit.

So my taxes got rejected. Suck. I had to call the IRS (1-800-829-1040 for those of you needing to call them as well) this morning and find out my correct AGI (adjusted gross income) from 2004 in order to file them again. Hopefully everything goes through ok this time...but I have to wait 48 hours to find out.

Nothing else to report today. But stay tuned cause you never know what might pop up here!

2 Comments:

  • At 4:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    So do we get to go to all these cool places I have read about here, when I come down for a visit in 3 weeks???? :-)

     
  • At 7:04 AM, Blogger Rene' said…

    We can go wherever you want dah-ling...because I am not fooled by the rocks that you got.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home