All About Me!

Welcome to my website! Here you will find out all about me; ie. what I'm doing, thinking, eating, watching, feeling...you get the drift. And yes, my ego is just big enough to believe that you really care ;)

Monday, April 17, 2006

Easter Results

This weekend was pretty meh as far as weekends go. Jenn, Jill, and I went out to Dog N Bone Friday night, again, since we can never think of anything good to do. We met up with Johnny-D, Kevin, and our new friend Grady. We had a pretty good time, but nothing too outrageous happened (except drinks getting dumped on me...twice).









As I foreshadowed earlier, Jenn and I went to the beach Saturday afternoon. I knew it was going to be crowded due to the surfing competition, but I had no idea how much traffic there would be and how hard it would be to find a parking spot. Whilst we were waiting in line, there were a few drunk guys taking advantage of the crowd's undivided attention, by having their kid dress up as the Easter Bunny and dance around for us. It was entertaining. Saturday night we kept pretty low key by heading out to Starbucks. It was a gorgeous night and perfect for pencil puzzles. We stayed until about 11:30pm, then Jenn and I made a beeline for the Viera Walmart to do her Easter dinner shopping...at midnight...the night before Easter. Needless to say, they were completely out of hams. So we thought we would try our luck at the Cocoa Walmart. And, again, completely out of hams. Who'd of thought!? We actually found some pre-sliced boneless hams and got a couple of those instead, so everything worked out in the end. Besides, we had a backup lasagna plan.

So Easter Sunday rolls around and I get an inkling to go running. I head out around the neighborhood, but noone is out (probably all in church...I obviously decided not to go), so it's kinda boring. I was looking forward to the friendly neighborhood waving, but, alas, I had to settle for yard-contained barking dogs instead. It didn't take me as long as I thought it would to run around the blocks, so I only did 22 minutes worth of running. I have no idea how far I went. I will map it later via google.

It's good that I went running on Sunday because I'm not going to be able to make the gym this week from Tuesday on. Tuesday night there is a CEO chat for ypB down at the Henegar Center in Melbourne, and Wednesday night my friend Jess is coming into town, so we will be spending the evening with her. Thursday night I will probably still go running at Wickham park and maybe head to the County Line later, but Friday is when we all leave for Key West for the weekend!

FYI, the Waldorf Salad and the Deviled Eggs I made were both a hit! I was so worried because I used Miracle Whip in both Recipes (what can I say, I'm from the midwest and until I went to college I thought Miracle Whip was Mayonnaise!) and I knew the New Yorkers hated the stuff. But they gave it a try and everyone thought the dishes were good :) Pics from Easter coming soon!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home