Key West
This weekend, the girls and I took a much needed vacation to Key West. The trip was two fold actually because we were also visiting a friend who came down for a Key West wedding. Jess is our friend from Houston and she just got engaged to her new fiance' Ken this Saturday! We're so happy for her! Here is a pic of the happy couple :)We decided not to go all out with the excursions this time (ie. no jet ski rentals or parasailing) and just keep it low budget and relaxing. In fact, we brought most of our own food to cut costs.
By far the best part of the trip was renting the bicycles and riding around. Since it's only a 2 mile by 4 mile island, you can get anywhere by bike in 20 minutes tops. The bikes gave us some much needed exercise, allowed us to soak up some sun, and were way easier to find a parking spot for in the downtown areas.
One of the more amusing stories of the weekend involved a lawyer who was hitting on me for at least a half an hour. He seemed nice and fun and we were having a great time. He invited us to hang with him and his friends the next night as well, and I was just about to accept the invitation, when he pulled a complete dirtball move. He turned to his friend, whispered something to him, and then proceeded to take all the tip money they had left for the bartender throughout the night! WTF!? You're a lawyer! Do you seriously need the money that bad!? I couldn't believe my eyes! I was like, did that just happen!? Poor form guys. Needless to say, we didn't hang out with them the next night.

So we just happened to go to Key West the same weekend that the Conch Republic has their annual drag races downtown. And I don't mean drag races as in fast cars...I mean transvestities in shopping carts being pushed through an obstacle course. Gay people are so fun :)
Before we left, I had to stop by the Blonde Giraffe and sample a piece of the Best Key Lime Pie around. It was so awesome that I made
sure to grab another slice for the trip home.We made sure to take a quick look at the Hemmingway House on Sunday. It was like a scavenger hunt for cats all around the 6 toed cats around the estate.
The rest of the weekend I'll just let the pics speak for themselves:




1 Comments:
At 10:12 AM,
JGirten said…
I feel very honored that I made you BLOG promotion spot.. Maybe a few of the millions that read your interesting tid bits will meander over to mine to fall asleep.. ha ha
Hope you are having a great day.
J
Post a Comment
<< Home