Now why didn't I think of that?!
Man trades up paperclip for house
Seriously, sometimes I hear crazy simple ideas, such as this one, and I'm like, "What the hell? I'm a smart girl...why didn't I think of that?!"
On that note, I have one yellow thumbtack that I would be willing to trade for...
So I got yelled at last night for not keeping up with my running journal. Yesterday I had Easter dinner leftovers which included ham (with pineapple), greenbean casserole, and 3 deviled eggs, along with my morning trail mix and Slim Fast. I didn't drink anything til the gym, and then I probably drank around 16oz. My 5K treadmill run took me 33:20 and I was alternating between 5.5 and 5.6 mph, with a 6.0 mph increase on the last 0.1 mile. I felt tired at about the 20 minute mark, but I kept on...mostly because I didn't want to look like a slacker in front of the cute guys. There are two guys, one blonde, one brunette, that work out when I do that I think are attractive...but alas, I haven't gotten anywhere with them. I have no idea what their names are, or their relationship status either? But I guess me thinking they are single and that I might have a chance with them keeps me running every week...nobody wants to date a slouch, right!?
FYI, I had my PT, Laura, whittle my arm routine down from 40 minutes to 20 minutes, so I'm pretty happy about that. This way, Jenn will stay and do it with me. Laura, also is writing down some ab moves for us to pick and choose from for a quick 10 minute workout. Next Monday I will get a shorter leg routine as well :)
Jenn lent me her Cosmo the other day and inside was 1) a flirting tip and 2) a pick-up pointer:
I just got word that we have like 40 RSVP's for tonight's CEO Chat for ypB. That's more than I thought would be coming, so I'm excited about it. The only thing I'm afraid of is that noone will have any questions, so I'm trying to compile a list of interesting ones that will promote discussion or something. How about these:
- Did you ever do anything that you thought would compromise your career, but it ended up not being a big deal?
- Is it really all about "who you know"?
- How do you balance such a focused career with your family?
- Did you ever do anything you didn't think you would ever do, just to get ahead?
That's all I can think of right now, but I have all day to come up with more!
Seriously, sometimes I hear crazy simple ideas, such as this one, and I'm like, "What the hell? I'm a smart girl...why didn't I think of that?!"
On that note, I have one yellow thumbtack that I would be willing to trade for...
So I got yelled at last night for not keeping up with my running journal. Yesterday I had Easter dinner leftovers which included ham (with pineapple), greenbean casserole, and 3 deviled eggs, along with my morning trail mix and Slim Fast. I didn't drink anything til the gym, and then I probably drank around 16oz. My 5K treadmill run took me 33:20 and I was alternating between 5.5 and 5.6 mph, with a 6.0 mph increase on the last 0.1 mile. I felt tired at about the 20 minute mark, but I kept on...mostly because I didn't want to look like a slacker in front of the cute guys. There are two guys, one blonde, one brunette, that work out when I do that I think are attractive...but alas, I haven't gotten anywhere with them. I have no idea what their names are, or their relationship status either? But I guess me thinking they are single and that I might have a chance with them keeps me running every week...nobody wants to date a slouch, right!?
FYI, I had my PT, Laura, whittle my arm routine down from 40 minutes to 20 minutes, so I'm pretty happy about that. This way, Jenn will stay and do it with me. Laura, also is writing down some ab moves for us to pick and choose from for a quick 10 minute workout. Next Monday I will get a shorter leg routine as well :)
Jenn lent me her Cosmo the other day and inside was 1) a flirting tip and 2) a pick-up pointer:
1) The trick to pique a guy's interest instantly: Casually slip the N bomb (naked) into a conversation, as in, "My sheets feel like silk when I sleep in the nude", and then go back to whatever you were talking about before hand. A mild sexual innuendo makes you seem more mysterious and tells him that you are confident.I am not above doing this if it will work. Guys, any thoughts?
2) Chat up his Wingman: If you see a guy at a bar, don't go and talk to him, go talk to his Wingman instead. Pull him aside and say, "What's the story with your friend? He's hot!" Listen as he gives you the inside scoop, then excuse yourself and head to the bathroom. The Wingman is then supposed to work his magic and send his friend over.Ok, so I'm 28 years old and, correct me if I am wrong, but doesn't this sound a little (read: ALOT) High School to you? I mean, come on! I think this is the worst advice ever and it's not something I would ever do. I would just feel so stupid. Why don't I just pass him a note down the bar, "Do you like me? Please circle one, yes or no."
I just got word that we have like 40 RSVP's for tonight's CEO Chat for ypB. That's more than I thought would be coming, so I'm excited about it. The only thing I'm afraid of is that noone will have any questions, so I'm trying to compile a list of interesting ones that will promote discussion or something. How about these:
- Did you ever do anything that you thought would compromise your career, but it ended up not being a big deal?
- Is it really all about "who you know"?
- How do you balance such a focused career with your family?
- Did you ever do anything you didn't think you would ever do, just to get ahead?
That's all I can think of right now, but I have all day to come up with more!


1 Comments:
At 10:42 AM,
Anonymous said…
I'm excited to say that we now have more than 50 people signed up for the event tonight! And don't worry, if no one has any questions I've got plenty of good ones...but I'm glad to know that you'll come through for me if I get tongue-tied...hopefully David Brock will be very naked--I mean, transparent--in his responses!
Post a Comment
<< Home