All About Me!

Welcome to my website! Here you will find out all about me; ie. what I'm doing, thinking, eating, watching, feeling...you get the drift. And yes, my ego is just big enough to believe that you really care ;)

Thursday, April 13, 2006

So you think you'll make it to 50, huh?

Newsflash: 49 yr old Woman dies on Mission Space! So this is the second time someone has died after experiencing this particular ride. I actually went on it earlier this year with Jill and Susan, and if there was ever a question in my mind of whether or not I would make a good astronaut, I found out the answer that day. The ride started out so fantastic. As we lift off into space I can actually feel my heart drop to my feet, and tears run into my ears. 1 minute later, I can feel myself start to develop a cold sweat. I'm getting dizzy. Ok, now the nausea is setting in...and it's only been about a minute and a half. I look down at the barf bags that Epcot has so diligently lined up for all the passengers, and they look like heaven. I grab on to one and put it in ready mode...just in case. At this point I am chanting mental "thank you's" to the design engineers for putting face blowing turbo fans inside the cockpit, something I had been cursing them for just two minutes earlier.

I actually made it through the ride without hurling, but I wasn't right afterwards for a good half hour at least. I now have a new respect for the astronauts and cosmonauts of the world, seeing as how it is something I can't possibly handle.

Now, is it just coincidence that this is the second time somebody has died after riding Mission Space within the year? The first 4 yr old little boy ended up having an undiagnosed heart problem...and noone knows yet why this new woman has died? Scary.

2 Comments:

  • At 7:33 AM, Blogger South Beach Geek said…

    That is the first ride that made we wish it would finish. Lift off and then the burn were crazy! I wanted to try it again and see if it was as bad the second time around, but I cannot see Disney keeping the ride open. Two deaths? Hmmmm, maybe I don't want to ride on it again...

     
  • At 9:14 AM, Blogger Rene' said…

    I heard that they are starting the ride back up today. I mean, honestly, I don't think you can blame the ride for the deaths. I mean, they have warning signs posted everywhere on how intense and dangerous the ride is. You know, the whole "Ride at your own risk" clause. The deaths are tragic, but if you have a bad heart or something, then don't go on it! Sheesh!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home