All About Me!

Welcome to my website! Here you will find out all about me; ie. what I'm doing, thinking, eating, watching, feeling...you get the drift. And yes, my ego is just big enough to believe that you really care ;)

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Track Record...sigh

So the 'Artist formally known as Zia' and I were talking online last night about our horrible track record with the opposite sex. Jenn and I have been compliling a list in our heads of the many failures of Rene's dates since my divorce, but let's recap them all electronically for posterity's sake, shall we?

The losers mentioned below are in no particular order (I did try to go chronologically, but I probably messed up somewhere). They are all truly unique fuck-ups in their own right, so most of them have nicknames, unless I like them as a person, but all of them I either dated once, maybe twice, or had a fling with, or ultimately had to deal with the crazy crush they had on me:

Tap that Ass
Tent Boy
Ray the Uber Sensitive
CoolToys
Alan Rosenberg
Fireman Jim
Meathead Mark
Dromcreo
Brian Hawkins
Tapps Ed
Larrypalooza
Quailman
"I'm a Big Kid now!" Gi
Gabe-a-licious
cocoabchbum
Neurotic Donovan
Dog N Bone Alex
Jonathan the Amazing Opinionless Man
Disney Guy
Stripper Ricky

I know I am missing a few strays, mostly because they didn't make much of an impact for me to either remember their names, or for them to earn themselves a nickname. FYI, twice now I have gone on a first date with a guy, and afterwards he ends up meeting the girl of his dreams and marries her...within a month. So it's kind of an inside joke now amongst my friends..."Hey, if you're a single man who just can't seem to find Mrs. Right; then go on a date with Rene'! We guarantee you'll end up married within a month...or you're money back!"

Man, I could never be so flighty about marriage. As it was I was with my ex-husband for 4 years before we got married. I couldn't imagine marrying someone after knowing them only a month! I guess I'm just not that impulsive. Lord knows I over analyze everything down to the smallest detail...perhaps that explains why I am an analyst for CSR and why I love my job? Coincidence?

So last night at the gym I did 5K on the treadmill in 33:30. That's about usual for me. I did learn that my music choice makes all the difference. If I play songs that pump me up (ie. Save a Horse, Ride a Cowboy) I notice I run stronger, so I am going to have to finagle my music around a bit so as not to have any lull time like I do now. I ate half a Power Bar before I ran, but I didn't notice any difference in my performance. My tummy still felt a little meh yesterday, but the running took my mind off of it.

That's all for now folks, so let me leave you with some pics of a cool collection that I want to start: Celestial Paperweights

3 Comments:

  • At 12:16 PM, Blogger JGirten said…

    I love the names.. ha ha

     
  • At 1:11 PM, Blogger Rene' said…

    ...and that's even without knowing their undelying origin (ie. "Tent Boy" doesn't mean what you think it means ;)

     
  • At 2:49 PM, Blogger JGirten said…

    Ohhh Really.. then please enlighten me.. ha ha

     

Post a Comment

<< Home