All About Me!

Welcome to my website! Here you will find out all about me; ie. what I'm doing, thinking, eating, watching, feeling...you get the drift. And yes, my ego is just big enough to believe that you really care ;)

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

We are the Champions!

So guess what Jenn and I did yesterday! Come on, guess! Give up? Ok, so we ran the whole 5K in it's entirety yesterday! That's right, there was no walking, no stopping, none of that nonsense...just constant running the whole time! I never thought I could do it. I felt great too. There were a few times when I wanted to stop, but then I would just focus on something (or someone) else for awhile and forget how tired I was. I ran the whole thing at 5.5 mph except for the last 0.1 miles where I stepped it up to 6 mph. I believe my time was 33:46. Maybe someday I will get it under 30 minutes, but in order to do that I would have to run at 6.2 mph the entire time, and I am def not ready for that. Jenn did awesome as well yesterday. She broke her 40 minute mark by almost a whole minute! Maybe we will try again tonight?

So I was surfing the web last week (what else is new) and I came across this crazy website called Stuff on My Cat. If any of you out there know anything about me, you know one of my favorite things is seeing animals made to be like people. This includes animals that wear clothing, or even better, ones that are made to talk. Here are some of my favorite pics from that site:



In the pic of the cat in the overalls...ya, that's all cat! They didn't stuff him or anything! And I thought my cats were big...sheesh! Jill and I were thinking or dressing up our cats to put on the site, but we seem to have a lack of small clothing in the house?

So I don't know about you all, but I think this new trend is just sick and wrong. Grillz are the most disgusting thing you could possibly do to yourself. I can't imagine these people getting up in the morning, popping these gold teeth with diamond studs in their mouth and looking in the mirror and saying, "Damn I look good!". No you don't! You look like an idiot and everybody thinks so except for your krunk friends on crack! Why does everything have to bling? I mean, come on, what's next?..."Dude, check it out...I blinged out my eye balls! Well, no, I can't see anymore, but at least everyone else knows how much extra money I have."

So I guess the Gators have won the championship. Not that I follow this stuff, but I'm sure I will be affected by it; ie. all the publicity and crazy fans in the area. Sigh. Well, if you can't beat 'em, join 'em is what I say. So GO GATORS! WOOHOO! GATORS RULE! I LOVE GREEN THINGS! etcetera, etcetera, etcetera.

I'd like to pose a question to anyone out there who cares. I was reading a Dr. Phil book the other day and he said something that I agree with, and have used as my own philosophy for a while now. When you go out (to a bar, the grocery store, Starbucks, where ever you have the potential to meet a guy), always be memorable. For example, there is a woman who always brings her pet parakeet out to County Line on Thursdays. I don't particularly care for birds, but I remember her because I think that is weird. BUT, not everyone will think she is weird. Some will like her for doing it. Like her or not though, everyone will remember her. Think of the famous saying, "any publicity is good publicity". Similarly, I try to always wear a flower in my hair when I go out. Maybe some people think it is stupid, maybe some like it, but most will remember me because I was the only girl there with a flower in her hair. I remember on one occasion I stood out by wearing a bright green jacket. And the proof was when I ran into a guy several months down the road that had hit on me that night, and he was like, "oh ya, you were the girl in the green jacket". He actually remembered what I was wearing like 3 months later after only meeting me for 2 minutes! So yes, I subscribe to this philosophy. My problem is that I am running out of ideas. The flower thing is getting old and unless I go shopping, I've already worn all my stuff out.

So here is the question: what can a girl do/wear/say that will make her memorable in your mind (aside from taking off her clothes and dancing on the bar)? Thoughts?

2 Comments:

  • At 12:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ha Ha that is great and I have heard that before. I on the other hand being 6'8'' dont have that problem, I always the tall guy.. ha ha

    Maybe you need to come up with a quote that you always say but then only people you talk to will remember you.. What about being one of those people that always walk around with their bluetooth headset on their ear even though they are not even on the phone.. or get a GRILL that has the headset inplanted in it and you can bling in blue and gold and talk at the same time.. ha ha

     
  • At 1:08 PM, Blogger Rene' said…

    Man, I did not realize how much taller than me you were...and I thought I was doing good the other day with my 3 inch heels! Maybe that's what I should do...just wear outrageously tall heels. Then everyone will be like, "oh ya, you're the girl who broke her ankle that night".

     

Post a Comment

<< Home