All About Me!

Welcome to my website! Here you will find out all about me; ie. what I'm doing, thinking, eating, watching, feeling...you get the drift. And yes, my ego is just big enough to believe that you really care ;)

Thursday, May 04, 2006

Boys, Boys, Boys

So I have this psudo-lunch date with this guy Nick from match.com. We've IM'd intermittently for about 6 months now. Mostly idle chit-chat about upcoming launches or what have you. For the most part, I've never thought twice about him. He lives in Orlando by the airport and I believe works for Boeing. Just recently he has started to come over to the Cape for work and asked if I wanted to meet up for lunch at the cafeteria. I was like, "why not"...then I went back and looked at his profile. I didn't remember anything about him really, except that the first time I checked his profile like 6 months ago I remember him being average looking with a bit of pudge on him. So I went to look again, and that's when I noticed that he is only 5'7". Crap. Not that I am opposed to dating someone who is 5'7", but being 5'7" myself, I know I'll feel like an Amazon in 3" heels next to him.

So this brings me to question #1: How to men feel about dating women that are taller than themselves? (Jeff, you are excluded from this question :P)

Next on the list, the Mike guy from Morgan Financial. We've exchanged minimal e-mail with each other, and I was getting the impression that he wasn't interested in me...then I get the Monday e-mail. He had sent me an e-mail asking about my weekend, then said he just read an article in the online version of Florida Today with a quote from me in it describing how I had gone to Vandy. Funny, cause I had read the whole online paper that day and I wasn't in there? So what's the deal? Well, this is my theory on the situation. I think Mike Googled me. If you Google Rene Brown, at the bottom of the first page is the link to the original Florida Today Housing article describing my Vandy graduation. Could he possibly be that dumb as to not check on the date of the article before he e-mailed me about it?

So question #2 fellas: Do you "Google" women you date? Would you ever tell them if you did? And does Googling someone mean you are interested in them?

On to the third guy. There is this cop that goes to my gym, and up until now, we haven't talked much (aside from me yelling at him to get off the Smith-Mach machine cause he uses it for like a full half-hour! Dude, this isn't your house!) Anyways, yesterday he was full on chatting me up while we were doing arms. He doing little flirting digs on me, as I was on him, and he was making me laugh. Then he proceeds to ask me if I am married, if I have kids, and how old I am. Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't this line of questioning usually follow with a date invitation? Well, I got nothing :( I thought I wouldn't be too hung up on it, but I find myself thinking about him, and smiling alot! I almost didn't sleep a wink last night...seriously...cause I was thinking about him. Jenn's conclusion on this one is that I am horney as hell and any man that gives me any sort of attention will do right now. She could be right, I mean it has been like 2.5 years since the last time I had sex (which may seem like way too much info for all you readers out there, but hey, I put the disclaimer in before that I have no shame when I write, so deal with it)...but I don't know, there is something about this cop. I really like his face, and I really liked laughing with him yesterday. And when I think about him, I get all school-girl demure like I'm back in Jr. High or something. It's weird. I guess I have a crush on him? Does that happen when you're 28 years old? Also, did I mention he was short too...but for some reason, I don't care?

So question #3 is: Have you ever asked a woman her age, if she was married, or if she has kids, and NOT been interested in dating her?

I know all these questions are set up for guys to answer, but women, you are also more than welcome to chime in with your opinions.

And now, a moment of rejoycing for the loss of Paris Bennet from Idol. All together now, "Na na na na, na na na na, hey hey hey, goodbye!" Her annoying little voice that I have always fast forwarded through is no longer, which means that I can actually enjoy the show now. Paris, for the love of God, please don't get a record contract!

And now a bit of running journal:
Monday: - same food as always. Jenn and I both had headaches by the time we got to the gym, so instead of running the full 5K like we usually do, we chose to do a 2 mile run. I actually ran for the first 4.5 minutes at 5.5 mph, then stepped it up to 5.6 mph the rest of the way :) Then we did arms and abs after.
Tuesday - same food. We did 30 second sprints with 1.5 minute recovery for 20 minutes. It wasn't as hard as doing it by myself, so I was glad Jenn was there. Legs and abs followed.
Wednesday - same food. I started out doing arms and abs at the gym, then headed home to run around my neighborhood. I had mapped out a 3.1 mile run, but it took me into a new neighborhood where I got myself lost (damn my crappy sense of direction!), so in total I did 35 minutes, but after the 20 minute mark, I spent some of the time walking around trying to figure out how to get out of this subdivision.

Tonight I have a ypB social committee meeting at 7pm, so I may just do legs and abs at the gym and skip the cardio so I don't have to shower again before the meeting. And dammit, I WILL be going to County Line tonight even if it kills me!

2 Comments:

  • At 10:11 AM, Blogger JGirten said…

    1 - WEll I have yet to meet anyone taller than me and if I did I think I would be a little afraid.. ha ha

    2 - Google someone?? Can you say GEEK.. What would people do before the internet.. ha ha

    3 - NO I would never ask those questions to start things off, but then again I have never ended up in a situation with someone and found out later that one of those things might have been true.. It may be his line of questioning to know if he should go any further..

    I am very proud of you and the food and training log..

    J

     
  • At 12:29 PM, Blogger Rene' said…

    Hey, I said you were exempt from question #1 :P

    And not for nothing, but I have totally googled someone before...I just would never let them know I did it.

    Hopefully all the training Jenn and I have been doing will pay off next Saturday at the Run for the Gecko 5K! I believe we were around 46 minutes at our first 5K...I think we can make it under 40 this time :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home