All About Me!

Welcome to my website! Here you will find out all about me; ie. what I'm doing, thinking, eating, watching, feeling...you get the drift. And yes, my ego is just big enough to believe that you really care ;)

Monday, May 08, 2006

Cinco de Mayo

Last Friday happened to be Cinco de Mayo, so my friends and I went out to party it up at Cantina Dos Amigos down in Indialantic. We got there around 6pm and put in our name for a table...we didn't end up getting one until 8pm or so, so that gave us plenty of time to drink up :) Our friend Grady entered the frozen T-Shirt contest and actually won! His prize; a bottle of the new Jose Cuervo Black. Some pics for your enjoyment:

The rest of the weekend was minimally exciting. The only other thing good was I finally got to watch the latest episode of LOST. Holy Crap! I can't believe Anna Lucia is dead! And the fact that Michael came out of nowhere and did it! What a plot twist! My theory on why he did it is because "the others" have his son and he's probably just doing whatever he has to to get Walt back. Michael also shot Libby on accident after she had startled him...but we are not sure if she is actually dead yet? Michael then opened the pantry where "the other" prisoner is located. The show concludes with Michael shooting himself in the shoulder in from of the prisoner, presumably to make it look like the prisoner did all the shooting. What is going to happen this week!! I can't wait to find out! And I'm so happy that we have a whole month of all new shows for once. No more waiting a month between episodes!

Some other interesting LOST tidbits:
1) During last week's episode you see Sawyer reading a manuscript written by a fallen passenger, Gary Troup (an anagram of Purgatory), entitled "Bad Twin". Evidently, that book was actually published this week and you can purchase your copy to read as well. Neat, huh?
2) In order to make the LOST experience more intriguing, the producers have decided to do a bunch of hidden puzzles through different media. Last Wednesday night there was a commercial during the LOST episode that referenced the Hanso foundation. They gave a number 1-877-HANSORG to call. There is also a website with clues on it. To read all about the LOST clues, just check out this webpage full of people who have way too much time on their hands to figure this stuff out!

Jill and I checked out Suntree United Methodist Church yesterday. We went to the 11am service and it was surprisingly bare...probably due in part to the Confirmation they had at the 9:15am service. The music was good and the message gave some food for thought. By far though, the most interesting thing I heard that morning was the new experimental contemporary service they will be starting on June 25th that will be tailored to the 18-35 singles demographic! Finally! Somebody actually cares! I have been dismayed by the lack of church programs for people like me for years. It seems like every church has HS programs, college kids, ones for little kids, married couples, and families, but never anything for single adults in their 20's or 30's. I'm excited and I'm definitely going to check it out. As far as attending SUMC on a regular basis though, it's still up in the air. I might want to check out a few other churches first.

After church, Jenn and I went to lunch at Mimi's Cafe that just opened last week at The Avenues in Viera. It was expensive, but very tasty. We will be taking Jenn's Mom there for Mother's Day next Sunday.

A brief rant about Mother's Day, by the way. I went to order my Mom flowers for Mother's Day via online national website. Ya, the flowers I ordered were $30, not including a vase, (but I had a $10 off coupon, so really they were only $20), and the delivery charge came to $28! Unbelievable! So I ended up calling a local flower shop back in my hometown and got the same bouquet, with a vase no less, for $30 + $3.95 delivery :)

6 Comments:

  • At 9:16 AM, Blogger jastro13 said…

    Man, those pictures tell their own tale. Why do I have to be on the blog sitting on a little cow!?! We all do stupid things and now the internet and John DeMarco know mine.

     
  • At 9:20 AM, Blogger Rene' said…

    LOL...but you look so cute on the cow :P

     
  • At 9:21 AM, Blogger Rene' said…

    ...besides, I could've put up the picture of you taking Grady's pants off...so be thankful ;)

     
  • At 9:36 AM, Blogger jastro13 said…

    Oh, I was really hoping that would not make the blog of shame...however, now everyone knows I like to take boys pants off for pictures!

     
  • At 11:25 AM, Blogger JGirten said…

    WOW.. the comments are as good a the BLOG.. I will make sure to hold onto my pants the next time I see you with your camera.. ha ha

    J

    And Jen, the cow pic is great.!!

     
  • At 1:06 PM, Blogger jastro13 said…

    Thanks Jeff....I aim to please. But I will have to keep my pants dropping to minimum now a days! There are cameras everywhere!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home