What color do you like?
This weekend was mostly eh. Friday night was Mary Beth's B-Day, so we took off to Redheads and partied it up there. I had a pretty good time too. I could've made out with some soldier guy who was wicked cute, but he just got all serious on me and killed the moment. Grady paid for all of our drinks...again. I swear, that boy does not know when to quit. He's definitely gotten cooler the more we hang out with him. He can take care of himself (ie. he's not attached to our hips all night and can strike up a conversation with anyone), plus he looks out for us and makes sure we're doing ok...but in a non clingy way. I would say he's definitely on the "in" when it comes to hanging with us...now if he would just let us buy him a drink for Pete's sake!Saturday afternoon I went shopping down at the Melbourne Mall just because I hadn't been there in awhile. I picked up 3 new tops and a new necklace and earrings set. I also finally tried out Jason's Deli. I had been wanting to go because I heard they served New Orleans Muffelattas there. I was impressed by their menu, and their selection, but the Muff wasn't as good as the real thing :( Guess I will just have to make it back to New Orleans one of these days.
Saturday night was pretty chill. Jenn, Jill and I went to Starbucks and hung out. We played The Whole Brain Game most of the night because we are nerds.
Sunday morning Jill and I went to Hope Episcopal Church to do a check it out thing. While most of the people there were very nice and chatted us up, the congregation was very small. This left me feeling very exposed during the service...like I couldn't blend in. Weird that I felt that way since I usually LIKE to stand out in a crowd? I guess I am just not comfortable enough with my faith to warrant me standing out. Plus, I hated the music and the choir lady. She was annoying with her constantly shouting out praises while the Pastor was talking. The service itself was very laid back and very contemporary, which Jill had a problem with. I think she was looking for familiarity with her old church back in New York which was a very traditional service. Needless to say, I don't think we will be going back.I liked the service at SUMC, so I convinced Jill to go there next Sunday with me. I think she is wary about going to a Methodist Church, but she is willing to give it a shot. SUMC has a very contemporary service as well, but it's a larger congregation, so we may feel more comfortable.
The rest of the afternoon was spent car shopping. Jill and I went to Honda, Nissan, Hyuandi, and Dodge to check out some lower priced new cars. Jill's car is giving her some trouble (AC went out and the fan belt ate itself), so she's seriously looking, while I am just waiting for my car to crap out on me. If I do go car shopping again, I will have to talk numbers and see what they can do about my upside-down situation. Incidentally, I thought it was funny that the first question most of the dealers asked us when they saw two young girls walk in, "So what color do you like?"
That night was coffee again to discuss the Freakonomics book. Jenn, Zia and I talked for about an hour about the book, but then the conversation turned to his ex-fiance. I guess she has been calling him wanting to get back together. Without going into too much detail, Jenn and I both agreed that it was bad news. Don't do it Zia!
Mother's Day is coming so I was thinking of sending flowers. I've never sent them before, so she won't be expecting them. I have some coupons from my Entertainment 2006 book for 15% off at lots of different flower sites, so I will just have to comparison shop.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home