All About Me!

Welcome to my website! Here you will find out all about me; ie. what I'm doing, thinking, eating, watching, feeling...you get the drift. And yes, my ego is just big enough to believe that you really care ;)

Thursday, May 11, 2006

Would you rather...

I am in total shock about Idol last night. America, you have let me down. Chris Daughtry, obviously the best, and the most marketable, (not to mention by far the best looking), talent in the contest received the lowest number of votes last night and was consequently booted off the show.

I think what happened is that everyone thought Chris was a shoe-in into the final 2, so they focused their voting on Elloit or Taylor...accidentally leaving Chris to drown out in the rain. He should've won the title of American Idol, but like so many other runners up (read: Bo Bice, Clay Aiken, and Constantine) he will not have a problem getting a record deal. Give it a year and we will be hearing Chris on the radio singing some Rock ballad.

Jenn, Grady and I went to Starbucks last night and played a little "Would you rather..." I love that game. It's really a great way to get to know someone's personality. That being said, I think Jenn and I gave Grady a little too much credit too fast. It seems he's pretty cool at a bar, and with a drink in his hand, but get him out to a coffee shop, just to shoot the shit, and he looks bored and uncomfortable as all get-out. Not to mention the fact that he scoffed at our game and wouldn't really play. He was too busy making sure he wasn't being "judged" on his answers. LAME!

FYI, for all you men out there that can't play "Would you rather...", I'm very disappointed in you. It's a meaningless game that tests whether you can come up with a good enough reason to pick one horrible fate over another." For instance, would you rather a) watch a porn with your parents, or b) watch a porn starring your parents. Both options suck, but which is the lesser of the two evils? To me, someone that cannot answer this question in good humor and come up with a reason why one option is better than another, automatically looses coolness points...a lot of coolness points. Those who can answer the question exude confidence and intelligence.

So word to the wise, men, the next time a woman asks you who would you rather screw, Ben Affleck or Matt Damon, just answer the damn question. It's not a clever ploy to emasculate you or get you to say that you would sleep with a man...because we know you wouldn't. It's just a game that tests your reasoning under crappy circumstances...that's all.

Danny Phantom update:
Although DP still eludes me on a daily basis by 30 seconds or more, I have now seen him a few times...and he looks nothing like what I thought. For some reason, I had pictured a tall skinny blonde guy, maybe 24ish, with shaggy hair. But the real DP is average height, slightly chubby, dark skinned, dark hair, maybe in his 30's? and does the business casual thing. He also has a daughter, or niece? maybe 6/7 yrs old and blonde. I saw them both yesterday for a split second right before I walked inside my house.

What's really weird is how I feel when I finally see him. Like the backwoods redneck who camps out for weeks to catch a glimpse of bigfoot, I get a rush of excitement that freezes me in my tracks. I can't stop staring at him, and I don't want to make any sudden movements for fear of "scaring him off". So I just stand there like an idiot until he drives away in his ridiculously tinted Jeep and is finally out of view. A barking dog in the distance brings me back to reality, and I realize I am just standing there in my driveway, in the hot sun, holding all the crap from my car, with a mesmerized look on my face. I do a quick look around to see if anyone saw me being a spaz, and then give a hesitant wave to my other neighbor, Donny, who had been out messing with his lawn. Busted.

I blame DP for my retardness...I mean, if he wasn't so mysterious, I wouldn't have to stare at him when I do see him, right!? Right!?

2 Comments:

  • At 10:30 AM, Blogger jastro13 said…

    Mystery and intrigue get us everytime!

     
  • At 2:56 PM, Blogger JGirten said…

    WEll wouldn't screwing Ben or Matt be the same thing.. becasue no matter who you pick the other will have a cameo appearence there to make it more interesting.. ha ha

     

Post a Comment

<< Home