100 and still counting...
WooHoo! It's my 100th post!! I can't believe I am still here, writing practically everyday about my life. You know, I can distinctly remember my Mom giving me a diary to write in when I was a pre-teen. I gave it a whirl, but I don't think it lasted more than a month. I think this blog is lasting because I can be artistic with it and post pics...plus I have an audience waiting on me ;)
Well, in honor of my 100th post, I have comprised a list of the top 100 things that are awesome about me:
Just kidding weirdos...noone does that!
Anywho, it's time for a gym update. So remember how I was like, "if that girl can do it, then so can I dammit!" Ya, well, as it turns out, I really can't do it. I gave it my best shot, but freaked
myself out when I started going 8.0 mph. The treadmill actually felt like it was slipping out from under me and I couldn't keep up with it! It made me so nervous, that I didn't go that fast again. Jenn felt the same way, so we never went faster than 7.0 for the rest of the run. Disappointment set in at the end of the 20 minutes because I had actually done a little bit worse than when I ran at 6.0 mph for 2 miles :( Dammit!
So I completely forgot that I had this thing to go to last night until the last minute. I attended the How Shall We Grow seminar
held at the Cocoa Village Civic Center. It was actually a lot of fun, but I could've done without the whole hour-long spiel in the beginning. We played the chip game where we have to fit a projected number of people into a region of FL. Our table was lucky to have the region we are most familiar with, from Palm Bay to Cocoa, and east coast to the Orlando border. We had to fit 840,000 new people (the projected growth by the year 2050) into this region. We could build densely populated, small acreage communities, or large scale, spacious communities, or somewhere in between. We decided to input a transit system along 192 and along the Beachline. I love this idea! Man, if there was a train that ran from Cocoa to Orlando, I would probably go there like every weekend! I just hate that drive home...especially after a night of partying! We placed a few stops along the way that we built communities around. The rest of the people we put in Viera and Palm Bay. I think my table did an excellent job (comparatively with the rest of the yahoos there). There is a second seminar next week, but I don't know if I will go to that one or not. It's being held all the way down at FIT in Melbourne, which is a bit of a drive for me :( Plus, I don't think it will be as fun as this one was.
Oh ya, and I totally got dissed by some wicked hot guy that I hit on last night. I went over, sat by him at his table and introduced myself. I was totally flirting with him for a good 5 minutes, and then he busts out the "girlfriend" card and excuses himself to go talk to another guy...and makes sure he takes his jacket with him! Ouch. I left feeling pretty crappy, so I called Jenn and we went to the B&N for some light reading and coffee. I felt better afterwards.
Looks like I will be running by myself today since Jenn is working the Delta II MiTEx launch going off today at 5:34pm. You can check out the play-by-play here: SpaceflightNow.com
Well, in honor of my 100th post, I have comprised a list of the top 100 things that are awesome about me:
Just kidding weirdos...noone does that!
Anywho, it's time for a gym update. So remember how I was like, "if that girl can do it, then so can I dammit!" Ya, well, as it turns out, I really can't do it. I gave it my best shot, but freaked
myself out when I started going 8.0 mph. The treadmill actually felt like it was slipping out from under me and I couldn't keep up with it! It made me so nervous, that I didn't go that fast again. Jenn felt the same way, so we never went faster than 7.0 for the rest of the run. Disappointment set in at the end of the 20 minutes because I had actually done a little bit worse than when I ran at 6.0 mph for 2 miles :( Dammit!So I completely forgot that I had this thing to go to last night until the last minute. I attended the How Shall We Grow seminar
held at the Cocoa Village Civic Center. It was actually a lot of fun, but I could've done without the whole hour-long spiel in the beginning. We played the chip game where we have to fit a projected number of people into a region of FL. Our table was lucky to have the region we are most familiar with, from Palm Bay to Cocoa, and east coast to the Orlando border. We had to fit 840,000 new people (the projected growth by the year 2050) into this region. We could build densely populated, small acreage communities, or large scale, spacious communities, or somewhere in between. We decided to input a transit system along 192 and along the Beachline. I love this idea! Man, if there was a train that ran from Cocoa to Orlando, I would probably go there like every weekend! I just hate that drive home...especially after a night of partying! We placed a few stops along the way that we built communities around. The rest of the people we put in Viera and Palm Bay. I think my table did an excellent job (comparatively with the rest of the yahoos there). There is a second seminar next week, but I don't know if I will go to that one or not. It's being held all the way down at FIT in Melbourne, which is a bit of a drive for me :( Plus, I don't think it will be as fun as this one was.Oh ya, and I totally got dissed by some wicked hot guy that I hit on last night. I went over, sat by him at his table and introduced myself. I was totally flirting with him for a good 5 minutes, and then he busts out the "girlfriend" card and excuses himself to go talk to another guy...and makes sure he takes his jacket with him! Ouch. I left feeling pretty crappy, so I called Jenn and we went to the B&N for some light reading and coffee. I felt better afterwards.
Looks like I will be running by myself today since Jenn is working the Delta II MiTEx launch going off today at 5:34pm. You can check out the play-by-play here: SpaceflightNow.com


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home