Aluminum Factory Tattoo Posse
This was all supposed to be posted yesterday, but Blogger was being a butt and wouldn't let me. AND I still can't post pics for some reason?! Stupid Blogger.
OK, so I officially have 3 readers now :( Looks like I will have to do some more recruiting!
Lets take it back to last Thursday. Jenn and I went to the grand opening of two new restaurants in The Avenues at Viera: Moe's Southwest Grill and Doc Green's. They are owned by the same company, and are actually attached inside by a corridor. What was so cool about the grand opening was that they not only gave away free food (anything you wanted), but they also gave away free beer! Nice!
After dinner I planned on heading to County Line since I haven't been there in like forever! I get home though and get some bad news from Jill...she lost a family member and was pretty upset about it. I didn't feel right leaving, so I just stayed home and chilled with her. We watched some Enterprise and mellowed. I tried cracking jokes to keep her mind off of things.
Friday was also a mellow day. After doing abs and arms at the gym I headed home and just chilled. After all, Jenn, Jill, and I all had to get up early to run a 5K the next morning.
Damn was it flippin' muggy as hell Friday morning! The Set the Pace 5K race started at 7:30am, but even before it began I was sweating just standing there! This did not bode well for Jenn who has a huge problem running in the heat.
Needless to say we didn't do as well as we hoped :( Jill did very well for herself though. She actually ran the whole way without walking! She beat her best gym time by a few minutes even! Our friend Cindy ran in the race as well. She actually ended up getting third place for our age group. She runs about as fast as I do, so we might have been neck and neck if I were running my fastest. Laura and that other girl from the Y also won awards!
Saturday night Jenn, Jill, and I went to the
usual, Dog N Bone. It actually turned out to be a good night because we ended up hanging out with the Aluminum Factory Tattoo Posse again. One of the guys in particular, Adam, is so adorable I want to put him in my pocket! He was raised Amish, completely rebelled by getting all tattooed and pierced, and has this little Cindy Brady lisp when he talks, which he likes to do a lot of. That's Adam on the right, Evan in the middle, and Kyle on the left.
Sunday I decided to check out a new church again. I ended up going to Friendship Fellowship at Pineda which is a Unitarian Universalist church. I had never heard of these people before, so it was very interesting to hear what they believe. Here is what they put on their website:
Sunday afternoon I went shopping. It was originally Father's Day shopping, but I couldn't find anything, so I ended up shopping for me instead. $150 later and I'm headed home. This time I get good news! Nina is finally back from her 2 day (read 11 day) stint at sea. We end up going out for dinner, ice cream and coffee to do some catching up.
And the last thing I want to discuss is about my dream this morning because I think it was totally cool. So I was Jodi Foster in a Contact-like setting. I was supposed to go aboard this rocket to help test it's effect on humans...only I know I won't be coming back. It is a well known fact that those of us going on this mission will die within 200 seconds of launch. But it is a great honor to be selected, and it can really help further human space exploration, so I choose to do it. From here on, I become a part of the audience at the launch site just watching the ship take off. Everyone dies and people are sad...at least we thought everyone died. Turns out Jodi Foster strapped a parachute to herself and jumped out after 200 seconds (the end of the experiment) and landed on a mountain cliff safe and sound. Rescurers picked her up in a helicopter and she was interviewed. I don't remember much of what she said because I started making out with Jimmy Fallon in the console room?! Random, I know, especially since I don't really have an affinity for him? He ended up having the weird outtie belly button thing, and I was so grossed out that I couldn't kiss him anymore. I made up some excuse and then we had a water gun fight instead.
I'm nuts, I know.
OK, so I officially have 3 readers now :( Looks like I will have to do some more recruiting!
Lets take it back to last Thursday. Jenn and I went to the grand opening of two new restaurants in The Avenues at Viera: Moe's Southwest Grill and Doc Green's. They are owned by the same company, and are actually attached inside by a corridor. What was so cool about the grand opening was that they not only gave away free food (anything you wanted), but they also gave away free beer! Nice!
After dinner I planned on heading to County Line since I haven't been there in like forever! I get home though and get some bad news from Jill...she lost a family member and was pretty upset about it. I didn't feel right leaving, so I just stayed home and chilled with her. We watched some Enterprise and mellowed. I tried cracking jokes to keep her mind off of things.
Friday was also a mellow day. After doing abs and arms at the gym I headed home and just chilled. After all, Jenn, Jill, and I all had to get up early to run a 5K the next morning.Damn was it flippin' muggy as hell Friday morning! The Set the Pace 5K race started at 7:30am, but even before it began I was sweating just standing there! This did not bode well for Jenn who has a huge problem running in the heat.
Needless to say we didn't do as well as we hoped :( Jill did very well for herself though. She actually ran the whole way without walking! She beat her best gym time by a few minutes even! Our friend Cindy ran in the race as well. She actually ended up getting third place for our age group. She runs about as fast as I do, so we might have been neck and neck if I were running my fastest. Laura and that other girl from the Y also won awards!Saturday night Jenn, Jill, and I went to the
usual, Dog N Bone. It actually turned out to be a good night because we ended up hanging out with the Aluminum Factory Tattoo Posse again. One of the guys in particular, Adam, is so adorable I want to put him in my pocket! He was raised Amish, completely rebelled by getting all tattooed and pierced, and has this little Cindy Brady lisp when he talks, which he likes to do a lot of. That's Adam on the right, Evan in the middle, and Kyle on the left.Sunday I decided to check out a new church again. I ended up going to Friendship Fellowship at Pineda which is a Unitarian Universalist church. I had never heard of these people before, so it was very interesting to hear what they believe. Here is what they put on their website:
We welcome all who long for a free and open atmosphere in which to search for their own faith, expand their spiritual horizons, or find new ways to interact with the world in which they live. We welcome diversity of belief and lifestyle because everyone deserves the stimulation of an intellectually active, emotionally supportive and socially conscious community.It sounds intriguing and kinda what I was looking for. They bring in ministers of different faiths to speak to the congregation, and then open up the floor for discussion. In fact, this Sunday they had the rabbi from Temple Beth Shalom come in to talk. The girl that was sitting next to me described the religion as a kind of "philosophy class". I think that's a good way to put it. They focus on constant learning and questioning. However, they did state that most of members do not believe in God? Weird to me? The other bad thing...it's all old people!! Old people as far as the eye can see! Like 70+...which is not what I was looking for. So, a church for me is still up for grabs.
Sunday afternoon I went shopping. It was originally Father's Day shopping, but I couldn't find anything, so I ended up shopping for me instead. $150 later and I'm headed home. This time I get good news! Nina is finally back from her 2 day (read 11 day) stint at sea. We end up going out for dinner, ice cream and coffee to do some catching up.
And the last thing I want to discuss is about my dream this morning because I think it was totally cool. So I was Jodi Foster in a Contact-like setting. I was supposed to go aboard this rocket to help test it's effect on humans...only I know I won't be coming back. It is a well known fact that those of us going on this mission will die within 200 seconds of launch. But it is a great honor to be selected, and it can really help further human space exploration, so I choose to do it. From here on, I become a part of the audience at the launch site just watching the ship take off. Everyone dies and people are sad...at least we thought everyone died. Turns out Jodi Foster strapped a parachute to herself and jumped out after 200 seconds (the end of the experiment) and landed on a mountain cliff safe and sound. Rescurers picked her up in a helicopter and she was interviewed. I don't remember much of what she said because I started making out with Jimmy Fallon in the console room?! Random, I know, especially since I don't really have an affinity for him? He ended up having the weird outtie belly button thing, and I was so grossed out that I couldn't kiss him anymore. I made up some excuse and then we had a water gun fight instead.
I'm nuts, I know.


3 Comments:
At 4:30 PM,
Anonymous said…
It's true that your dream is a little crazy. But I would argue that the plot of your dream is less confusing than the Constant Gardener and that was nominated for four oscars. you should write a script!!
-r
At 8:43 AM,
jastro13 said…
WHAT?!?! That could so never happen!
At 7:30 AM,
Rene' said…
Hmmm...I haven't seen The Constant Gardner, and it sounds like I am better off for it. I don't know wtf is up with posting pics, but blogger is all sorts of retarded these days. I might have to move to a more reliable site!?
Post a Comment
<< Home