Intruder Alert!
So this blog has been infiltrated by someone who wasn't invited to view it. He says his "employees" found it, but I believe what comes out if this guys mouth about as much as I believe in the Easter Bunny. Like his employees have nothing better to do than search the web for a blog of a girl they never met. I mean, he also said he would "never leave me in the dark again", and that's pretty much ALL he has ever done. Then he said he would "be in touch soon", which translates into IMing me every 2 months or so to "just say hi". So here is how the conversation went down Friday night:
DonOtown: Hello Rene'
saturn8isgreat: wow...
DonOtown: How are you?
saturn8isgreat: you have a lot of nerve
DonOtown: any idea what has been going on in my life?
saturn8isgreat: if you want to tell me, you have my #
DonOtown: agreed
DonOtown: My mom has been very ill has had cancer and had several strokes recently
DonOtown: My intention was only to reach out to say hello since I saw you were online
DonOtown: I saw your web blog
saturn8isgreat: did you now
DonOtown: actually some of my employees found it
saturn8isgreat: I don't think there was anything in there that you didn't already know
DonOtown: oh just a more candid perspective
DonOtown: which i respect
saturn8isgreat: well I have to finish getting ready...and like I said, If you wanna talk to me, you have my #
DonOtown: okay i hope your well i will catch up soon
saturn8isgreat: I am blocking you're IM's from now on
DonOtown: great
Point 1) Notice how I said "if you want to tell me, you have my #". Don agrees that he should call me, but sensing that I am angry with him, proceeds to completely ignore what I just said and play the emotion card by telling me about his Mother. Like that is going to make me forget that he has been MIA for 2 months!? Seriously you guys, this boy is a constant insult to my intelligence. It would've taken him 30 seconds to make a phone call to me to let me know what was going down with him. But he didn't do it. Ergo, I am an afterthought to him, only serving a purpose when he is bored and has nothing better to do. I, for one, have a little too much self respect to be treated as an afterthought by anyone. And secondly, he knows he should be apologizing like crazy to me for treating me like this, but instead he pops in with a "just wanted to say hi", like nothing's wrong! I'm not stupid, and I didn't forget how you made me feel, you jerk!
Point 2) Don says "I will catch up soon". This is Don-Speak for "I have absolutely no intention of calling you anytime in the near future...but I might IM you in September". I blocked his IM's so that he would have no choice but to call me if he wants to talk to me...which means that he will call me when Hell freezes over. This guy is the most cowardly person I have ever met. He is a mouse of a man and will never have the balls to take a chance on anything. He will never put himself out there, and will never willingly apologize for hurting someone. He is a horrible human being. I do feel sorry for the girl that ends up with him. She will have the lowest self esteem ever. He will treat her like she doesn't matter, and she will stay with him because she won't believe she can do better.
Point 3) Don said he "respects a candid perspective". Is this candid enough for you? As I said before, there is nothing in this blog that you don't already know yourself. You know you are a coward. You know you should be begging for my forgiveness when you contact me after 2 months of leaving me in the dark...after saying you would never do that again. You know you have no intention of calling me, but still say "I'll catch up with you soon". You know you are lying to me every time you open your mouth, but I'm supposed to fall for it? Maybe the girls you normally go after are the type that want a guy so bad, they will believe anything you say, and be thankful you throw them a bone every 2 months. If this is the case, you are barking up the wrong tree here.
Don, what could possibly make you think that you deserve to know me?!
Ok, that's all I have to say about him. There will be no more updates on this situation, because Don will crawl back into the hole he came from, tail firmly tucked between his legs, and cower in a corner. Don is the type of guy that if given enough ammo, he will shoot himself in the foot. In other words, tell him he has to put his money where his mouth is, and he will go into panic mode and hide. I guarantee you, he will never contact me again.
Moving on, Jenn, Jill and I went out the Dog N Bone Friday night to chill. Check out those pink ladies, huh! (I swear we didn't call each other!) I was very happy to see a familiar face come out of hiding to have a beer with us. Mr. John DeMarco hung out with us for about an hour before returning home to the wife and kids.
It was good to hang out with him and just have fun, since lately we have just been conducting business together. We also ran into this guy and his friends again. I am now more convinced than ever that he is gay. Being in the military, I'm sure he wants to keep it on the DL, but it's just so obvious. From the way he talks, to the things he comments on, to his mannerisms; hell, right even down to his body shape! I definitely think he asked me out in front of all his friends as a cover-up. It must be agony for him to keep it a secret...trying to hit on girls, when all you want to do is talk to the cute guy across the room. I feel for him.
Saturday was a rainy, blah day, so I decided to give Jenn her Birthday present early. I got her the movie she's been wanting forever, "Can't Hardly Wait", and a Tapas Kit. It was a perfect day for staying indoors and cooking, so we decided to make some tapas. There were so many different things to choose from! After picking out 4 different tapas to make (eggplant and mushroom, salmon with asparagus tips and artichoke, garlic and lemon shrimp, and onion, spinach, and potato egg cube, we set out in the kitchen. 3 hours later, we were finished and ready to eat. We definitely took on waaay too much for our first time, but we still had so much fun making them. Don' they look fancy!? We never actually made it to the movie, but it's just as well...something to look forward to the next rainy day!
Sunday I went to Suntree United Methodist Church for their "@ 11" service. This was their first attempt to taylor a service strictly for the 18-35 year olds. We watched clips from "Batman Begins" and let me tell you, it was a little strange to be getting the "impure thoughts" I was having about Christian Bale in God's House! The message of the day was about fear. What are you afraid of? Bruce Wayne was afraid of bats and let his fear consume him until he actually wore a different "mask". They had us shout out answers as to what we are afraid of. Like hell was I going to shout out my real biggest fear, so I just went with the regulars...darkness, spiders, heights, etc. If Don were there he would've shouted out "beautiful, strong, intelligent women" hahaha!
They had a little Batman trivia at the beginning, which I appreciated, and then a discussion amongst ourselves if we thought Jesus was ever scared. Then they did this interview process with a few of the leaders of the congregation about their biggest fears, and what mask they wear. I know what they were trying to do, and I applaud their attempt to connect with the audience like that, but the interview was really boring! I hope they don't do it again next week. I believe Forest Gump is on the menu then. Maybe the moral of the story there is "ignorance is bliss"?
Sunday afternoon we decided it was high time to take engagement photos of Jenn's Mom and Gary. They are going to send out a picture postcard invitation, so we wanted to make sure we got some good ones. We all headed to Riverfront Park in Cocoa Village to get some nice nature scenes. The pics turned out great if I do say so myself! Jenn was the photographer, and I was the poser/hair helper. I'll make sure I post some good ones when Jenn gets them uploaded.
Since Jill is leaving for NY in a few days, she has let me take over her Netflix account until she returns. So last night we watched Saved starring Jena Malone, Mandy Moore, and Macaulay Culkin. It was pretty good...a little tongue in cheek story about how Christians can go too far in judging people. Mandy Moore did a great job, but man, did they make Jena look like ass throughout most of the movie. She had stringy, greasy hair, horrible clothes, and a sunken, sleepless face. She was supposed to be pregnant, not dying!?
Oh ya, and one more thing. Our plumbing is out at the house, so not only could I not take a shower this morning, but I couldn't pee til I got to the gas station down the road! Do you know how difficult it is to hold a morning pee for a half hour!! I hope Jill gets it fixed today!
DonOtown: Hello Rene'
saturn8isgreat: wow...
DonOtown: How are you?
saturn8isgreat: you have a lot of nerve
DonOtown: any idea what has been going on in my life?
saturn8isgreat: if you want to tell me, you have my #
DonOtown: agreed
DonOtown: My mom has been very ill has had cancer and had several strokes recently
DonOtown: My intention was only to reach out to say hello since I saw you were online
DonOtown: I saw your web blog
saturn8isgreat: did you now
DonOtown: actually some of my employees found it
saturn8isgreat: I don't think there was anything in there that you didn't already know
DonOtown: oh just a more candid perspective
DonOtown: which i respect
saturn8isgreat: well I have to finish getting ready...and like I said, If you wanna talk to me, you have my #
DonOtown: okay i hope your well i will catch up soon
saturn8isgreat: I am blocking you're IM's from now on
DonOtown: great
Point 1) Notice how I said "if you want to tell me, you have my #". Don agrees that he should call me, but sensing that I am angry with him, proceeds to completely ignore what I just said and play the emotion card by telling me about his Mother. Like that is going to make me forget that he has been MIA for 2 months!? Seriously you guys, this boy is a constant insult to my intelligence. It would've taken him 30 seconds to make a phone call to me to let me know what was going down with him. But he didn't do it. Ergo, I am an afterthought to him, only serving a purpose when he is bored and has nothing better to do. I, for one, have a little too much self respect to be treated as an afterthought by anyone. And secondly, he knows he should be apologizing like crazy to me for treating me like this, but instead he pops in with a "just wanted to say hi", like nothing's wrong! I'm not stupid, and I didn't forget how you made me feel, you jerk!
Point 2) Don says "I will catch up soon". This is Don-Speak for "I have absolutely no intention of calling you anytime in the near future...but I might IM you in September". I blocked his IM's so that he would have no choice but to call me if he wants to talk to me...which means that he will call me when Hell freezes over. This guy is the most cowardly person I have ever met. He is a mouse of a man and will never have the balls to take a chance on anything. He will never put himself out there, and will never willingly apologize for hurting someone. He is a horrible human being. I do feel sorry for the girl that ends up with him. She will have the lowest self esteem ever. He will treat her like she doesn't matter, and she will stay with him because she won't believe she can do better.
Point 3) Don said he "respects a candid perspective". Is this candid enough for you? As I said before, there is nothing in this blog that you don't already know yourself. You know you are a coward. You know you should be begging for my forgiveness when you contact me after 2 months of leaving me in the dark...after saying you would never do that again. You know you have no intention of calling me, but still say "I'll catch up with you soon". You know you are lying to me every time you open your mouth, but I'm supposed to fall for it? Maybe the girls you normally go after are the type that want a guy so bad, they will believe anything you say, and be thankful you throw them a bone every 2 months. If this is the case, you are barking up the wrong tree here.
Don, what could possibly make you think that you deserve to know me?!
Ok, that's all I have to say about him. There will be no more updates on this situation, because Don will crawl back into the hole he came from, tail firmly tucked between his legs, and cower in a corner. Don is the type of guy that if given enough ammo, he will shoot himself in the foot. In other words, tell him he has to put his money where his mouth is, and he will go into panic mode and hide. I guarantee you, he will never contact me again.
Moving on, Jenn, Jill and I went out the Dog N Bone Friday night to chill. Check out those pink ladies, huh! (I swear we didn't call each other!) I was very happy to see a familiar face come out of hiding to have a beer with us. Mr. John DeMarco hung out with us for about an hour before returning home to the wife and kids.
It was good to hang out with him and just have fun, since lately we have just been conducting business together. We also ran into this guy and his friends again. I am now more convinced than ever that he is gay. Being in the military, I'm sure he wants to keep it on the DL, but it's just so obvious. From the way he talks, to the things he comments on, to his mannerisms; hell, right even down to his body shape! I definitely think he asked me out in front of all his friends as a cover-up. It must be agony for him to keep it a secret...trying to hit on girls, when all you want to do is talk to the cute guy across the room. I feel for him.
Saturday was a rainy, blah day, so I decided to give Jenn her Birthday present early. I got her the movie she's been wanting forever, "Can't Hardly Wait", and a Tapas Kit. It was a perfect day for staying indoors and cooking, so we decided to make some tapas. There were so many different things to choose from! After picking out 4 different tapas to make (eggplant and mushroom, salmon with asparagus tips and artichoke, garlic and lemon shrimp, and onion, spinach, and potato egg cube, we set out in the kitchen. 3 hours later, we were finished and ready to eat. We definitely took on waaay too much for our first time, but we still had so much fun making them. Don' they look fancy!? We never actually made it to the movie, but it's just as well...something to look forward to the next rainy day!Sunday I went to Suntree United Methodist Church for their "@ 11" service. This was their first attempt to taylor a service strictly for the 18-35 year olds. We watched clips from "Batman Begins" and let me tell you, it was a little strange to be getting the "impure thoughts" I was having about Christian Bale in God's House! The message of the day was about fear. What are you afraid of? Bruce Wayne was afraid of bats and let his fear consume him until he actually wore a different "mask". They had us shout out answers as to what we are afraid of. Like hell was I going to shout out my real biggest fear, so I just went with the regulars...darkness, spiders, heights, etc. If Don were there he would've shouted out "beautiful, strong, intelligent women" hahaha!
They had a little Batman trivia at the beginning, which I appreciated, and then a discussion amongst ourselves if we thought Jesus was ever scared. Then they did this interview process with a few of the leaders of the congregation about their biggest fears, and what mask they wear. I know what they were trying to do, and I applaud their attempt to connect with the audience like that, but the interview was really boring! I hope they don't do it again next week. I believe Forest Gump is on the menu then. Maybe the moral of the story there is "ignorance is bliss"?
Sunday afternoon we decided it was high time to take engagement photos of Jenn's Mom and Gary. They are going to send out a picture postcard invitation, so we wanted to make sure we got some good ones. We all headed to Riverfront Park in Cocoa Village to get some nice nature scenes. The pics turned out great if I do say so myself! Jenn was the photographer, and I was the poser/hair helper. I'll make sure I post some good ones when Jenn gets them uploaded.
Since Jill is leaving for NY in a few days, she has let me take over her Netflix account until she returns. So last night we watched Saved starring Jena Malone, Mandy Moore, and Macaulay Culkin. It was pretty good...a little tongue in cheek story about how Christians can go too far in judging people. Mandy Moore did a great job, but man, did they make Jena look like ass throughout most of the movie. She had stringy, greasy hair, horrible clothes, and a sunken, sleepless face. She was supposed to be pregnant, not dying!?
Oh ya, and one more thing. Our plumbing is out at the house, so not only could I not take a shower this morning, but I couldn't pee til I got to the gas station down the road! Do you know how difficult it is to hold a morning pee for a half hour!! I hope Jill gets it fixed today!


4 Comments:
At 7:47 PM,
JGirten said…
OK, I am a slack ass and suck as a person for not returning to you and trying to cheer you up.. I am not in the best of moods these days but I dont ever want anyone to be down and feel anywhere close to how I have in the recent few weeks or months. I like to find my creative ways to let it all out and thankfully I have a few close friends that let me do that and take all the abuse.. ha ha
I do apologize that I did not come find you and try and make you smile.. I read your posts and trust me, you can not look at the past and think what you should have done.. I have been doing that for weeks and thinking how I could have been better and not let all this happen and maybe just suck it up and deal with her shit and live the happy difunctional life of americans but I could not do it and yes I wish I could have slapped her but I dont think I would have stopped.. ha ha
I am going through this bout of insomnia where I fall asleep at 10 and wake up by 11 and cant sleep again till 3 or 4 and it is wearing me down. Next time I see you I will try and make up for not making you smile today..
At 8:28 PM,
Rene' said…
awww...that's ok Jeff. I was just in a mood and didn't feel like being at the gym. I actually didn't stay long, so if you did come looking for me, you wouldn't have found me anyways.
I don't get in moods that often, so when I do, it's best to just let me wallow in it until it passes anyways.
PS - When I get insomnia, I do a crossword puzzle that's too hard for me...does the trick almost every time ;)
At 1:15 PM,
Anonymous said…
hey rene, your hair looks very cute in those pics!!
-r
At 2:08 PM,
Rene' said…
Ryan, you're so sweet! Personally I think it looks like I'm wearing a wig, (like last year's halloween costume), but I appreciate the compliment none-the-less :)
Post a Comment
<< Home