All About Me!

Welcome to my website! Here you will find out all about me; ie. what I'm doing, thinking, eating, watching, feeling...you get the drift. And yes, my ego is just big enough to believe that you really care ;)

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Just call me Wile E....

Ok, now I'm pissed. There is this girl at the gym who I assumed was just starting up. She comes with her boyfriend (who looks like he works out and knows what he's doing), gets out her little sheet and does the exercises along with him. She's maybe a few inches shorter than me, and has a bit of chub on her, much like myself, so I kinda view us as equals in the working-out regime. So yesterday I get on the stairmaster instead of running (I already ran on Sunday and I know I would run today, so I was giving myself a break so as not to run 3 days in a row), and the girl gets on the treadmill in front of me. In this position, I can see her whole screen, ie. how fast she is running and how far, etc. She starts off at 5.0 mph and I'm feeling pretty good about myself at this point because I run at 5.7ish mph. But then in the next minute, she takes it up to 6.0 mph. Ok, a noble effort on her part, but I'm still not convinced she is better than me. Then she takes it up to 7.0 mph on the next minute! Then 8.0 mph the next minute! Do you know how hard it is to run 8.0 mph on a treadmill?! She cycles back down to 5.0 mph and continues this whole pattern for 20 minutes! And the last minute she took it up to 9.0 mph!! Yikes!! What is she, the friggin Road Runner?! By the end of the 20 minutes, she had run 2.5 miles!! For Christ's sake, she hit the 2 mile mark at 16+ minutes!! That's like 4 minutes faster than my best 2 mile run!! Needless to say I left the gym feeling like a big fat loser. I called Jenn and told her about it so she could feel like a loser with me. Then we both vowed to try and do what she did today at the gym. We may kill ourselves, but dammit, if that girl can do it, then so can I!

Pray for me cause I am really scared!!

2 Comments:

  • At 9:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi baby, those pictures are great. I just wanted to let you know that I love the blog. Sometimes I hate my job too, but the good news is I may not be out for the whole six weeks, but it's just a rumor for now, and Ryan is too hhhooottt...yummie....don't hurt yourself at the gym....oh and I saw like 7 sperm whales this weekend wicked awesome:) love you

     
  • At 12:46 PM, Blogger Rene' said…

    Yea! My first comment from Nina! I hope you don't have to stay the whole time!
    Take some good sperm pictures for us...no, not that kind! Sheesh, get your mind outta the gutter woman! Love u and miss u!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home