Someone needs to go back to Kindergarten...
A little bit-o-drama has been going around the ypB Social Committee lately...but it was to be expected considering who's leading it. The Social Committee is trying to plan a big party for our 1 year anniversary in August, and e-mails have been flowing like wildfire. Since Ed has been in touch with the venue, the Hilton Melbourne Beachside, then it is natural to go to Ed to answer any questions we have about the place. Only Ed was being very lax about answering anything. He also wasn't getting the information we needed by the deadline of Tuesday. So I took it upon myself to call the Hilton directly for the information. I asked John, the President, if he thought this was a good idea, and he agreed it was. That's when the shit hit the fan. Ed sent out a nasty little e-mail to everyone about how he got some "disturbing news" that someone had called his contact, James, at the Hilton and was rude to him. Then he proceeds to publicly scold me for "touching his things". It really made Ed look like a winey, territorial little boy who can't play nicely with others. News flash Ed, we're on the same team!! Noone is trying to undermine or sabotage you, so stop with all the dramatics! You weren't getting it done, I have the time on my hands, let me make the friggin call for Pete's sake! John DeMarco called the Hilton to check if I had offended anyone with my phone call, and there was nothing to report. So on top of everything, Ed is a liar! James did not think I was rude at all. I have not responded to Ed about this matter. I think he should feel embarrassed that he blew up like that, and lied to make me look bad to the rest of the group. No matter because I believe most people take what Ed says with a grain of salt. I know that John and Geo are both on my side on this one, and are working on a plan to "straighten him out".
Last night I attended Part II of "How Shall We Grow" down at FL Tech. The main speaker, Phil Laurien, with the East Central Florida Regional Planning Council, was a good one. He was interesting and funny, and had a really good message. His main point was that Central Florida
needs "smart growth". Instead of taking a chunk of land and dividing it all up to be purchased, make the lots smaller, and save some of the land for parks and aesthetics. Face the houses so that each one can participate in the view. Add lots of interesting architecture, and landscaping to make the development pleasing to the eye. Give the development a real sense of "community" by adding sidewalks and trails, maybe some benches and white picket fences. I liked what he had to say and how he presented everything. Here is a pic of my group working on placing 850,000 new people into Brevard county, but still maintaining some green space. I took a pic of our map after we had finished, but forgot to upload it, so I will add that in later. You can listen to an AUDIO of my 1 minute map presentation. Just go to the bottom of the page and click on Table 6 :)
It has been piss-raining for the last week or so. Crazy lightning storms, and rain on and off...not enough rain to make much of a difference in anything, but enough to prevent us from going to have coffee like every night! So instead, I've been watching some TV. Tuesday night I watched Sex, Lies and Videotape with Jenn and Jill. They had seen it before, but I hadn't. I liked the premise, and I liked James Spader's acting in it (plus he's just sexy), but it just wasn't well done. I think they could've dug so much deeper into James' psyche. Plus, there seemed to be a lot of dead space in the plot. But what can you expect from a movie done in the 80's? (I bet you looooove this pic, huh Ryan ;)
I got some of the pics from Jenn of the photo-shoot we did for her Mom and Gary. These are a few of my favorites of the colored ones. We took some black and white as well, but those were with the regular camera, and the film had to be sent away for development. Don't they look adorable!




Tonight is the June's ypB Thursday night Meet and Greet at Meg O' Malley's in downtown Melbourne. This is a well established place that almost everyone has been to at one time or another, so it should be a good turnout...I hope!
Last night I attended Part II of "How Shall We Grow" down at FL Tech. The main speaker, Phil Laurien, with the East Central Florida Regional Planning Council, was a good one. He was interesting and funny, and had a really good message. His main point was that Central Florida
needs "smart growth". Instead of taking a chunk of land and dividing it all up to be purchased, make the lots smaller, and save some of the land for parks and aesthetics. Face the houses so that each one can participate in the view. Add lots of interesting architecture, and landscaping to make the development pleasing to the eye. Give the development a real sense of "community" by adding sidewalks and trails, maybe some benches and white picket fences. I liked what he had to say and how he presented everything. Here is a pic of my group working on placing 850,000 new people into Brevard county, but still maintaining some green space. I took a pic of our map after we had finished, but forgot to upload it, so I will add that in later. You can listen to an AUDIO of my 1 minute map presentation. Just go to the bottom of the page and click on Table 6 :)
It has been piss-raining for the last week or so. Crazy lightning storms, and rain on and off...not enough rain to make much of a difference in anything, but enough to prevent us from going to have coffee like every night! So instead, I've been watching some TV. Tuesday night I watched Sex, Lies and Videotape with Jenn and Jill. They had seen it before, but I hadn't. I liked the premise, and I liked James Spader's acting in it (plus he's just sexy), but it just wasn't well done. I think they could've dug so much deeper into James' psyche. Plus, there seemed to be a lot of dead space in the plot. But what can you expect from a movie done in the 80's? (I bet you looooove this pic, huh Ryan ;)I got some of the pics from Jenn of the photo-shoot we did for her Mom and Gary. These are a few of my favorites of the colored ones. We took some black and white as well, but those were with the regular camera, and the film had to be sent away for development. Don't they look adorable!




Tonight is the June's ypB Thursday night Meet and Greet at Meg O' Malley's in downtown Melbourne. This is a well established place that almost everyone has been to at one time or another, so it should be a good turnout...I hope!


1 Comments:
At 11:17 PM,
Anonymous said…
I never thought that james spader would have been considered "Sexy". Still it's not quite as bad as the other picture;-)
-r
Post a Comment
<< Home