All About Me!

Welcome to my website! Here you will find out all about me; ie. what I'm doing, thinking, eating, watching, feeling...you get the drift. And yes, my ego is just big enough to believe that you really care ;)

Monday, June 12, 2006

This is how we roll...old school

So my first official meeting with ypB was last Thursday and I think it went rather well. John DeMarco was named President and I couldn't be happier. I think he has a real leadership quality in him, and I am excited to see where he will be taking us this coming year. He really has a desire to see this organization grow and mature and he won't let anything stand in the way of that. A real no-nonsense kind of guy...which is the best kind.
The meeting went pretty smooth...that is until it came time to decide on whether or not to change our logo to mirror Lead Brevard (our parent organization). He's where you could tell the split between the former members and the newbies. Ed and Kyle do not want to change the logo. They have a bad taste in their mouth about Lead Brevard and don't want them to "control" us, henceforth, they don't want our logo to look anything like Lead Brevard. After hearing the reasoning behind why the logo should be changed, I am on board with it...provided it will not cost us an arm and a leg to change it. Right now, we get a lot of our money from the trickling down of funds from Lead Brevard. Geo Ropert (VP of Lead Brevard) goes out and presents Lead Brevard, and all it's programs (ie. Young Professionals) to local businesses and asks them for their support. Right now, we don't have a liaison like that, so we depend on Lead Brevard. What better way to ensure funds get to us than to make our logo match theirs, and make it a brand? It's such a good marketing strategy, I can't believe people are against it! I know Ed wants us to be independent, but this is only our second year! I mean, Ed and I actually crunched out the numbers once, and we would need about 1000 members to be an independent organization!! We are not even close (last count: 251)! Let's piggyback off of Lead Brevard until we are self-sustainable, THEN we can break off and change our logo to be different! It just doesn't make logical sense to do it now.

After the meeting I did end up going to County Line, finally. Saw a girl I randomly bump into every now and then, Lizzy, and invited her out to ypB at Meg's this month. I also saw Dan (left), a friend of Larry's (right), who was at the last ypB. He's got a weird Millennium Mullet haircut that I am not fond of...but he bought me a beer, so he's cool. Nothing else really interesting happened that night :(

Friday was a fantastic day. Jenn and I took the day off to hang out with Nina at the beach. It was seriously fricken gorgeous out! It was wicked hot, so you wanted to go swimming, and the water was just the right temperature...not too cold, but still refreshing! I love Florida!

Friday night we decided to check out 105.1's MIX after Six at the new Red Coconut Club at Citywalk. Warning: Tangent - Ok so as we were pulling into Universal Studios, I look to my left out the car window into to the car next to me and I couldn't believe what I saw! Some guy, early 30's and so not attractive, was going to town on his wang right in the car! He totally saw me look at him, and I think it just excited him more cause he started to get the whole shoulder into it and everything! I made Jenn and Nina give me confirmation on what I saw, and sure enough, the guy was workin' it hardcore. Where was my camera then!? Would've made an excellent movie for the blog...hehe! You know, I knew people did it in the car, I just thought they were more discrete than that?! On, back to Citywalk. Despite the lack of warm bodies that showed up at the Red Coconut, we had a pretty decent time. Even this self-proclaimed "beer girl" had her first martini! The club got better after the band started playing. My friend, Nick, even showed up around 7pm to join us for the night. I talked to Jay Edwards (one of the morning DJ's) for quite a bit and got the inside scoop on some things I had been wondering about! I found out that a weekly guest star, that I hated anyways, had been kicked off the show for going wacko and threatening everyone! And how all the DJ's make fun of all the morons (off air, of course) who call in to play the $25 Pyramid in the morning. Hehehe.
After a bit, we decided to head to Pat O'Brien's for a little singing entertainment...and got disappointment instead. Out of the 4 regular guys that had been there forever, only 1 remains...and two newbies have joined in. They just don't have the same energy or pizzaz as the others did. Plus, their lack of audience participation was ridiculous! When I requested "Joy to the World", they were supposed to get everyone up to teach them the arm movements to it...no such luck. The guy just sang the song with out stopping to pick on or embarrass anyone :( What a crock. I am seriously crossing Pat's Off my list from now on.

Saturday was my day to relax and do absolutely nothing! Since Jill had to work, it was naked time on the couch! Sweet. No binding, hot clothes to annoy my while I flipped between a Discovery special on Meercats and TLC's What Not to Wear. What a great way to spend a Saturday.

That night we decided to do a quick Starbucks run and go see a movie. I actually tried a new drink this time instead of the usual tall, nonfat, sugar-free vanilla chai. I opted for the cool Strawberries and Creame Frappuccino. It basically tasted like a strawberry milkshake, which is just what I needed at the time. I didn't ask for nonfat, but I will next time to see if I notice the difference.
So the movie we saw was "The Breakup" starring Vince Vaughn and Jennifer Aniston. I've never really been a fan of either...well, I liked Jennifer on Friends, but have never really been impressed with her movie career. And I don't understand what all the hype is with Vince...he's really not that funny...really. But I saw the movie anyways because there was nothing else good playing, and it seemed to do well at the box office. I should've trusted my instincts because it was really not that good. There were a few funny parts, but as a whole, it flopped. They could've played up so many more scenes and made them hilarious, but they chose to pass it up. I don't understand the decision making process of Vince's mind, since he was one of the story creators.

That night Jenn dropped me off at home. 5 seconds later I was screaming at my door because a frog was on the door handle and it leapt at me when I went to grab it. Friggin frogs!

Sunday was time to pick another church to attend, and I chose Hope United Christian Church. It was a quaint little church, but I didn't see anyone my age. The people were nice, the Vacation Bible School presentation was super cute. They had a whole archeological theme about "digging" for "buried treasures" in the bible. They even had an owl puppet as their leader. If I had children, I might consider this church, but as it is, it's not for me.

Sunday afternoon I went out to lunch with Gretchen and her husband Phillipe, along with Jenn and Nina. We had a salad at Doc Greens and then walked around World Market for a bit. It was a relaxing time with good friends.

Sunday night, however, was a little more exciting. Instead of our usual coffee night, we decided to go rollerskating at Galaxy Skateway! Ah, the wave of nostalgia I felt when I slipped those skates on. Takes me back. Nina, Jenn, Nina's HS friend Cara, and I had a really great time! I will let this pics speak for themselves this time ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home