Aristocratic Pirates in Narnia wearing Prada and Waiting to Translate the Good Girl...
This is about as good as it's going to get for the pictures right now :(
This weekend was movie-tastic. Thursday night after my Marketing Committee meeting for ypB (which went smashingly well, but I'll get to that in a bit), Nina, Jenn and I headed to the movies to see "The Devil Wears Prada". I thought Anne Hathaway and Meryl Streep both did a fantastic
job. The movie was alright, but I hear they toned down the book alot. Nina was the only one who actually read the book, and she said it gave her nightmares! Meryl Streep's character in the book was like concentrated pure evil, but on screen, we saw her softer side on occasion, and at one point, I actually felt sorry for her. And can I please say that Anne Hathaway has some fantastic looking lips! They're like perfect...large and full, but not over the top huge like Angelina. All in all though, the film was forgetable, because I did completely forget I saw it until this morning.
Friday I took the day off to spend with Nina. We ended up going shopping and screwing around at the Merritt Isl. mall. The rain was coming down something fierce, so we thought we would catch another movie, so we saw "Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest". The movie was like 3 hours long, but very entertaining for the most part. The storyline was lacking a bit, but if you took it with a grain of salt, then you could enjoy yourself. Personally, I don't think we saw enough of Capt. Jack Sparrow this time around, but maybe we will get more in the third movie (which they hint at near the end). I thought the CGI people did an excellent job with the Flying Dutchman pirates. They are cursed men, forced to work 100 years for the dread pirate Davey Jones, and all their years at sea have turned them into sea creatures themselves. It was worth the $5.50.
That night Nina, Jenn, and I headed out to Murdock's for a few beers with Dave and Grady. When the place shut down at midnight, we wandered over to Dog N Bone and listened to a bit of Reggae music. Dave even got up and danced a bit to make us laugh. The rest of the evening we spent playing pictionary on bar napkins...it was way more fun than it sounds.
Saturday I got dressed around noon and headed down to the Running Zone to talk to Don about my shoes. As it turns out, the inserts I have are raising my heel up too high for the type of shoe I am in, which is causing the wear. So I have to take them out...problem is, I don't have the original ones anymore. So instead, I will leave them in, and put some moleskin over the heel holes to see if that makes a difference. I don't want to get rid of my $30 inserts because they really helped relieve my knee and hip pain.
The night Nina and Jenn came over and we did movie night and Chinese. We started off watching "The Aristocrats", but after a half hour, we couldn't take it anymore, so we switched over to "Waiting". The Aristocrats is basically a two hour documentary about the "dirtiest joke ever told". It's a joke that is shared amongst comedians, but not usually told to the audience. The set-up and punchline are always the same, but the middle is open to whatever your imagination can muster-up. It starts off with a man and his wife walking into a talent agency to promote their "act". "Oh ya", says the agent..."tell me about it". From then on it's all downhill. The more disgusting and shocking you can make the act, the better. Fill-ins range from beastiality, to incest, to pooping in people's mouths! The more elaborate you are, the more respected you are amongst the comedian community. So the whole joke ends with the talent agent asking "what do you call this act?". The answer always being "The Aristocrats". Anyways, after hearing the same joke over and over again, I got bored. I don't think it should rank in the Top 100 Funniest Movies at all. Waiting, on the other hand, hillarious.
Sunday morning it was back to SUMC for the 11am contemporary service. This week's film choice, Narnia. C. S. Lewis was an adult Christian converter, and his beliefs are very evident in his writing. This week's lesson was mostly about temptation. Edmund, the third born, was tempted by the snow queen into betraying his brother and sisters. Aslan, representing Christ, gives himslef up for sacrifice in exchange for Edmund, thereby clearing all his sins. We have all been tempted, and we have all betrayed someone we love at some point in our lives...but we can always ask for forgiveness and it will be granted. I thought it was a nice service and I will proabably go back next week when we talk about "Star Wars".
That afternoon, it was cleaning time. I have never vacuumed so much in my life! I had to empty the damn thing 5 times from all the crazy cat hair everywhere. I just wanted to make the house look nice for when Jill came home later that night. I know she had a rough time with her family the past 10 days, so I wanted her to come home to a stress free house. It didn't take me as long as I thought it would, so I was able to watch "The Good Girl" starring Jennifer Aniston and Jake Gyllenhaal. It was the classic tale of the woman cheating on her husband, but Jake's character, Holden, gives it a bit of a twist. He's completely depressed and mental, and falls ridiculously in love with Jennifer. Jake ends up killing himself in the end, Jennifer is pregnant with his baby, but tells her husband that it is his, and stays with him to raise the baby. I thought the movie was well done. Jennifer's acting was a bit stale, like it always is, but Jake did an excellent job of portraying a dark 22 year old. It was a good rental.
After that I still had some time to watch "Lost in Translation". I loved this movie. Nothing exciting really happens in it. No car chase, no love scene, no murder plot, just a young girl (Scarlett Johansson) and a middle-aged man (Bill Murray) developing a deep bond while in Tokyo. I don't know why I love this movie so much. I am a huge Bill Murray fan, and I've always likened him to my Dad, so maybe throughout this whole movie it would be like me hanging out with my Dad the whole time? I loved it enough to maybe even buy it.
Nina's friend, Dina, is moving back to New Jersey, so we had a few farewell beers around 6pm at Bunky's in Satellite Beach. She will still be working the boats with Nina, she'll just be living in NJ and they will have to fly her out of there. Why the hell anyone would want to live in NJ over a house on the beach (which she has now), is beyond me, but whatever.
I went to pick up Jill at the airport around 9pm last night. She got in all safe and sound, but was exhausted from all her nephews (6 little boys...yikes!)
Lastly, I will talk about the Thursday night Marketing Meeting. Hallie is the chair of this committee, and can I say thank God she is. She actaully comes with an agenda, stays on track, and gets things accomplished, all by the time we are finished eating. We discussed a lot of great ideas and left with a plan of attack. God bless Hallie! Seriously, there is nothing more I respect than someone who can run a meeting and get things accomplished on time! You go girl!
My task this week is to develop a website that we may use as a member's only site. Ok, so I've never done one from scratch, but how hard could it be, right? Right!? Help!
This weekend was movie-tastic. Thursday night after my Marketing Committee meeting for ypB (which went smashingly well, but I'll get to that in a bit), Nina, Jenn and I headed to the movies to see "The Devil Wears Prada". I thought Anne Hathaway and Meryl Streep both did a fantastic
job. The movie was alright, but I hear they toned down the book alot. Nina was the only one who actually read the book, and she said it gave her nightmares! Meryl Streep's character in the book was like concentrated pure evil, but on screen, we saw her softer side on occasion, and at one point, I actually felt sorry for her. And can I please say that Anne Hathaway has some fantastic looking lips! They're like perfect...large and full, but not over the top huge like Angelina. All in all though, the film was forgetable, because I did completely forget I saw it until this morning.Friday I took the day off to spend with Nina. We ended up going shopping and screwing around at the Merritt Isl. mall. The rain was coming down something fierce, so we thought we would catch another movie, so we saw "Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest". The movie was like 3 hours long, but very entertaining for the most part. The storyline was lacking a bit, but if you took it with a grain of salt, then you could enjoy yourself. Personally, I don't think we saw enough of Capt. Jack Sparrow this time around, but maybe we will get more in the third movie (which they hint at near the end). I thought the CGI people did an excellent job with the Flying Dutchman pirates. They are cursed men, forced to work 100 years for the dread pirate Davey Jones, and all their years at sea have turned them into sea creatures themselves. It was worth the $5.50.
That night Nina, Jenn, and I headed out to Murdock's for a few beers with Dave and Grady. When the place shut down at midnight, we wandered over to Dog N Bone and listened to a bit of Reggae music. Dave even got up and danced a bit to make us laugh. The rest of the evening we spent playing pictionary on bar napkins...it was way more fun than it sounds.Saturday I got dressed around noon and headed down to the Running Zone to talk to Don about my shoes. As it turns out, the inserts I have are raising my heel up too high for the type of shoe I am in, which is causing the wear. So I have to take them out...problem is, I don't have the original ones anymore. So instead, I will leave them in, and put some moleskin over the heel holes to see if that makes a difference. I don't want to get rid of my $30 inserts because they really helped relieve my knee and hip pain.
The night Nina and Jenn came over and we did movie night and Chinese. We started off watching "The Aristocrats", but after a half hour, we couldn't take it anymore, so we switched over to "Waiting". The Aristocrats is basically a two hour documentary about the "dirtiest joke ever told". It's a joke that is shared amongst comedians, but not usually told to the audience. The set-up and punchline are always the same, but the middle is open to whatever your imagination can muster-up. It starts off with a man and his wife walking into a talent agency to promote their "act". "Oh ya", says the agent..."tell me about it". From then on it's all downhill. The more disgusting and shocking you can make the act, the better. Fill-ins range from beastiality, to incest, to pooping in people's mouths! The more elaborate you are, the more respected you are amongst the comedian community. So the whole joke ends with the talent agent asking "what do you call this act?". The answer always being "The Aristocrats". Anyways, after hearing the same joke over and over again, I got bored. I don't think it should rank in the Top 100 Funniest Movies at all. Waiting, on the other hand, hillarious.
Sunday morning it was back to SUMC for the 11am contemporary service. This week's film choice, Narnia. C. S. Lewis was an adult Christian converter, and his beliefs are very evident in his writing. This week's lesson was mostly about temptation. Edmund, the third born, was tempted by the snow queen into betraying his brother and sisters. Aslan, representing Christ, gives himslef up for sacrifice in exchange for Edmund, thereby clearing all his sins. We have all been tempted, and we have all betrayed someone we love at some point in our lives...but we can always ask for forgiveness and it will be granted. I thought it was a nice service and I will proabably go back next week when we talk about "Star Wars".
That afternoon, it was cleaning time. I have never vacuumed so much in my life! I had to empty the damn thing 5 times from all the crazy cat hair everywhere. I just wanted to make the house look nice for when Jill came home later that night. I know she had a rough time with her family the past 10 days, so I wanted her to come home to a stress free house. It didn't take me as long as I thought it would, so I was able to watch "The Good Girl" starring Jennifer Aniston and Jake Gyllenhaal. It was the classic tale of the woman cheating on her husband, but Jake's character, Holden, gives it a bit of a twist. He's completely depressed and mental, and falls ridiculously in love with Jennifer. Jake ends up killing himself in the end, Jennifer is pregnant with his baby, but tells her husband that it is his, and stays with him to raise the baby. I thought the movie was well done. Jennifer's acting was a bit stale, like it always is, but Jake did an excellent job of portraying a dark 22 year old. It was a good rental.
After that I still had some time to watch "Lost in Translation". I loved this movie. Nothing exciting really happens in it. No car chase, no love scene, no murder plot, just a young girl (Scarlett Johansson) and a middle-aged man (Bill Murray) developing a deep bond while in Tokyo. I don't know why I love this movie so much. I am a huge Bill Murray fan, and I've always likened him to my Dad, so maybe throughout this whole movie it would be like me hanging out with my Dad the whole time? I loved it enough to maybe even buy it.
Nina's friend, Dina, is moving back to New Jersey, so we had a few farewell beers around 6pm at Bunky's in Satellite Beach. She will still be working the boats with Nina, she'll just be living in NJ and they will have to fly her out of there. Why the hell anyone would want to live in NJ over a house on the beach (which she has now), is beyond me, but whatever.
I went to pick up Jill at the airport around 9pm last night. She got in all safe and sound, but was exhausted from all her nephews (6 little boys...yikes!)
Lastly, I will talk about the Thursday night Marketing Meeting. Hallie is the chair of this committee, and can I say thank God she is. She actaully comes with an agenda, stays on track, and gets things accomplished, all by the time we are finished eating. We discussed a lot of great ideas and left with a plan of attack. God bless Hallie! Seriously, there is nothing more I respect than someone who can run a meeting and get things accomplished on time! You go girl!
My task this week is to develop a website that we may use as a member's only site. Ok, so I've never done one from scratch, but how hard could it be, right? Right!? Help!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home