All About Me!

Welcome to my website! Here you will find out all about me; ie. what I'm doing, thinking, eating, watching, feeling...you get the drift. And yes, my ego is just big enough to believe that you really care ;)

Friday, July 14, 2006

De plane, De plane!

So here it is, 2:41pm and I'm just now updating the blog! Well, for starters, I totally over slept this morning. My alarm went off at 6:15am like it always does, I remember hitting the snooze like 3 X, like I always do...but for some reason, I woke up at 8:27am!? I guess I must've shut it off or something? So I got ready in like 5 mins and hauled ass into work and got here around 9:05am. Oops.

Perhaps my lateness had something to do with the fact I had a good 2/3 of a pitcher of Amber Bock in me from last night. Nina's friend Cara was playing in a pool tournament at Corner Pocket last night, so we went down to hang out with her. Her team ended up winning (Yea!) and we started getting a bit goofy after the beers started kicking in. After playing tag-team with some guy named "Bighead", we started making fun of everyone in the bar. I swear to God the love child of Ricardo Montalban and Herve' Villechaize was playing pool right beside us! Right before we left, we had the pleasure of meeting the one and only Zultan...a gothic looking, punk kid with an affinity for cursing, much like Jay from Jay and Silent Bob. We said "nice to meet you" before we left and his response was "Fuck ya it was!"...which we thought was hillarious for some reason and laughed all the way to our cars. I felt like I was back in college.














The ypB board meeting was freaking awesome! Everyone has such great ideas and we're really getting things accomplished. I'm so encouraged by everyone's participation and I practically ate Jenn's ear off last night over the phone talking about how awesome it was. Every Committee now has something in the works! We spent the entire meeting getting things accomplished...ya that's right, the entire 1.5 hours was completely productive! It's all thanks to John...he really knows how to keep everyone focused.

Getting to why I am posting so late, I have spent the entire morning/afternoon following up on last night's meeting. A barage of e-mails, rough drafts, and creative ideas have been flowing almost non-stop. I actually had to start writing down who I needed to respond to and the subject matter because they were popping up so fast I was getting confused! I even forgot to eat lunch until 2:30!

Tonight I have no idea what's going down, but we better make it good because Nina is probably leaving soon and Jenn has to work Sunday and early Monday (read 4am) for the Shuttle landing, which means this is our night to party it up.

3 Comments:

  • At 9:52 PM, Blogger JGirten said…

    Hey you,

    I just watned to drop a line and say hi and let you know this trip was much needed and is going great except it is freeking hot here.. all this week it will be in the 100's.. Hope all is well there.. See you in a week or so.

    Hey, have you read "Million Little Pieces"

    Jeff

     
  • At 12:01 PM, Blogger Rene' said…

    So glad you're having a great time, but we miss you at the gym! Don't stay away too long!

    I have not read that book...isn't that the one that Oprah renigged on?

     
  • At 12:47 PM, Blogger JGirten said…

    Yes it is the same one and I think it is great. I also have the second one it is called my friend Leonard. I have been relaxing, reading, boating and sitting at the lake.. part of me misses being there but I know I need the time away and the rest.

    Take care and see you when I return in a week or so.

    Jeff

     

Post a Comment

<< Home