All About Me!

Welcome to my website! Here you will find out all about me; ie. what I'm doing, thinking, eating, watching, feeling...you get the drift. And yes, my ego is just big enough to believe that you really care ;)

Monday, July 31, 2006

Hey Randal..."One Ring to rule them all"

So it's a well known fact that I'm not as young as I used to be. Case in point, I went out on Thursday night and drank too much, so therefore I needed a down night in order to recuperate, because heaven forbid I drink 2 nights in a row! I don't know how I pulled it off in college?! I would drink practically every night of the week, then get up at 8am and go to class the next day! Now I'm lucky if I can wake up before noon after a heavy drinking binge. So the girls and I made Friday night a coffe and movie night. I brought my new Poodle book and we learned some interesting facts, like the holes in a twix cookie bar actually serve a purpose...they allow the caramel to sink in so as not to rupture the cookie by the contracting and expanding of the caramel due to temperature changes. And that the little white flecks on the dark filter of a cigarette are there to mimic the look of a cork, so as to appeal to a higher class of people. Who knew? After coffee, we went to see "Clerks II". Holy Crap, this was the funniest movie I have seen in a long time! I am laughing right now just thinking about it! All the original characters were there, Jay and Silent Bob, Randall, and Dante, but they introduced this new kid into the mix and he practically stole the show. His character, Elias (played by Trevor Fuhrman), was a 19 year old, very sheltered, Lord of the Rings loving, Transformer obsessed, highly Christian boy who worked at Mooby's with Randall and Dante...you can see where this is headed right? Nothing like throwing a good Christian boy into the path of a rapid-fire, foul mouthed, sexually preverted nonsense that is Randall. The things that Elias said and his facial expressions were the funniest thing since Napolean Dynamite. I was even laughing during the part of the movie where nothing was happening because I was still thinking about the last funny thing that Elias had said/did. I don't think this movie would've been very good if it wasn't for Elias. I mean, there were a few funny scenes, like in the ogininal clerks, but Elias took it to the next level. I can't wait til this come out on DVD so I can see the special features!

Saturday night, Dog N Bone held a 70's party, so we all got dressed up and set out to disco our asses off. I was a little disappointed that a lot of the crowd didn't get into the costume thing, but most people are also dumb and uncreative as well, so go figure. One guy came as Austin Powers and had on British flag undies, which he showed to everyone. I, on the other hand, rarely wear underwear, but the friggin polyester dress I was wearing was so thin I thought underwear was a smart move...I was wrong. Here is a picture of my ass covered in white cotton panties, which were clearly visible under the blacklights of the club. Classy is my middle name! Jenn's middle name is obviously pittbull...notice how she lunges to take a bite out of Jill's boob (fyi, this was not the only Jenn-biting-chick incident that happened that night ;) Down girl!

Sunday I got my ass out of bed and headed for church...I was actually thinking about skipping because I was so tired, but after I got there, I was glad I went. The movie of the day, "The Horse Whisperer" starring Robert Redford. The movie looked completely gay and something I probably wouldn't enjoy at all, so I just payed attention to the message instead. It was about healing. Physical, emotional, and spiritual healing. About how we need time and help to heal us from the bad times. Don't I know about that. I went to a personal therapist for 8 weeks, and then to group therapy for an entire year after my divorce. I am not afraid to ask for help in my healing...it only makes it go faster. To me, not seeking out a professional to help you sort out your mental issues is like not going to the doctor when you have a broken arm...it makes no sense. Sure your broken arm will heal on it's own eventually, but will it heal the right way? Our mind is a very delicate thing, and not something to be played around with, because once it's gone, that's it. There are no bionic parts to attach and make it right again...at least not yet. Maybe in the future if you had a bad experience, instead of dealing with it, and healing from it, you can just get it wiped away from your memory. A blessing or a curse?

After church I headed over to Jenn's to check out her new patio furniture. It looks great, and she got such a deal on it! She was going to spend the rest of the afternoon hanging blinds over the screens. She got a great deal on those too. I haven't seen what they looked like yet, but I'm sure they dress up the porch quite nicely. I went home around 2pm to eat some lunch and watch a movie I had DVR'd earlier in the week. I'm not a huge Jack Nicholson fan, but I did like "As Good as it Gets", so I thought I might like "Something's Gotta Give". Diane Keaton has this really great montage of scenes where all she does is bawl uncontrollably for weeks. The ending was kinda stupid...why anyone would give up Keanu Reeves for Jack Nicholson is beyond me!?

I ended up taking a nap until 8:30 or so, and then went back to bed around midnight. A crazy storm suddenly came about and knocked everyone's garbage cans to hell. Crazy thunder and lightning. I swear it was like a mini hurricane or something. I really have to start watching the weather because I had no idea this was coming!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home