All About Me!

Welcome to my website! Here you will find out all about me; ie. what I'm doing, thinking, eating, watching, feeling...you get the drift. And yes, my ego is just big enough to believe that you really care ;)

Thursday, July 06, 2006

I'm somebody now!

So the problem with me publishing my innermost feelings for the world to see is that sometimes people get offended by this. I write what I feel and think about certain situations that occur in my life, and a handful of people read about it. I am not Oprah. I do not have a talk show with 4 million viewers hanging on my every word. I really have no influence on how other people think. I am not that powerful, nor am I that important in this world. I am a nobody in the grand scheme of things.

Why someone as big as Prof. Gilbert would be offended by what I have to say is beyond me. I am a peon to him. I am a waste of his time. My thoughts and opinions couldn't possibly matter to a man of such high success.

But I was wrong. He took the time to berate me in an e-mail last night for writing negative things about him. I was shocked! I really couldn't believe that he would care!? I could see him maybe responding to a negative post about him in the NY Times or something, but come on, who am I? I'm nobody.

After I read the e-mail I was reminded of the movie Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back. Their comic book makes it all the way to the big screen in Hollywood, but all they care about is tracking down and beating up all the little punks who talk smack about them in chat rooms.

But I digress. Prof. Gilbert, I have offended you and I apologize. The weight of my words is obviously heavier than I had thought possible. But thanks for making me feel important :) I will comment on the book when I finish reading it.

OK, moving on. So I have been DVRing this show "How to Get the Guy" recently. Last episode, I learned something very interesting. A study was done that answered the question, "What scent increases a man's/woman's sex drive the most?" For men the answer was oranges. Smelling oranges increases a man's sex drive by like 20%! For women I thought it might be chocolate, but no dice. A combination of cucumber mixed with Good N Plenty! Yep, whiffing candy coated black licorice and cucumber together increases a woman's sex drive by 20%. The study also concluded that eating cherries can decrease a woman's sex drive by 20%! Seriously, I hate Good N Plenty and I love cherries, so I guess I am doomed in the aphrodisiac category :(

So I've been noticing a lot more blisters showing up from my running. Particularly on my heels. After looking at my shoes, I now know why. Material from my shoes has actually been rubbed off via friction, and I am getting blisters in the exact spots where there is no fabric! I bought these shoes in February! I talked to Jeff about it, and he suggested I take them to the Running Zone where I bought them and talk to them about the problem. I will head over there this weekend.

I have my first meeting tonight with the Marketing Committee for ypB. I'm sure we'll be talking alot about the website and how to improve upon it.

Nina supposedly got home around midnight last night! But she will be leaving again in 5-7 days :( So we will try to spend as much time with her as possible before she heads out again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home