Meeting night
Just wanted to first off make a disclaimer that although I ran 2.01 miles in 20 minutes both Monday and Tuesday, that does not mean that it wasn't hard. That is seriously the hardest I have ever pushed myself. If I don't give myself the option of slowing down, then I can mentally push my way through the pain. As far as extending that speed to 3 miles, I don't know if it is possible at this point. I am still suffering the ill effects of blisters :(
Tonight is ypB meeting night. I have a Membership Committee meeting from 5:30-7pm, and then a Social Committee Meeting from 7:15pm-?. The Membership meeting should go pretty smoothly, but it's the Social meeting I'm worried about. Hallie, John, Mary Beth, Michelle, and Geo have left me by myself with Ed! I'm been warned to anticipate some uncooperative attitude from him concerning the decisions we have to make on the August Birthday Bash. I'm not looking forward to dealing with his bullshit. My game plan for now is to nip all his concerns in the bud from the get-go, and hope that will quiet him enough to allow some actual progress to be made. Of course this is easier said than done...Ed can be quite the manipulative little bugger.
Well, Nina is back out on the boat. She actually kinda left in a hurry, and I didn't find out until the next day that she was gone. It's for a short job, so she might be gone about a week.
I heard from a blast from the past the other day. A guy I dated back in HS, Justin, contacted me via e-mail on Monday. I actually met him while I was in China back in 1994. I was just 16 at the time and wicked naive about everything. I only talked to him for about an hour, but that must've been enough for him,
because he pursued me for a good year after that. Oh ya, did I mention he lived in Australia? He actually came to visit me for a month in the summer of 2005. Poor guy, I didn't really know what to do with him? He spent all that money to come visit, and I'm sure he didn't get anything he was hoping for. What I wouldn't give for a man to be so interested in me now to fly half-way around the world just to see me! Justin now lives in Detroit with his new wife, Helena, and works for GM. Here is a recent wedding photo he sent me...they are both ridiculously adorable in this pic.
I actually have to finish up some work this afternoon, so peace out.
Tonight is ypB meeting night. I have a Membership Committee meeting from 5:30-7pm, and then a Social Committee Meeting from 7:15pm-?. The Membership meeting should go pretty smoothly, but it's the Social meeting I'm worried about. Hallie, John, Mary Beth, Michelle, and Geo have left me by myself with Ed! I'm been warned to anticipate some uncooperative attitude from him concerning the decisions we have to make on the August Birthday Bash. I'm not looking forward to dealing with his bullshit. My game plan for now is to nip all his concerns in the bud from the get-go, and hope that will quiet him enough to allow some actual progress to be made. Of course this is easier said than done...Ed can be quite the manipulative little bugger.
Well, Nina is back out on the boat. She actually kinda left in a hurry, and I didn't find out until the next day that she was gone. It's for a short job, so she might be gone about a week.
I heard from a blast from the past the other day. A guy I dated back in HS, Justin, contacted me via e-mail on Monday. I actually met him while I was in China back in 1994. I was just 16 at the time and wicked naive about everything. I only talked to him for about an hour, but that must've been enough for him,
because he pursued me for a good year after that. Oh ya, did I mention he lived in Australia? He actually came to visit me for a month in the summer of 2005. Poor guy, I didn't really know what to do with him? He spent all that money to come visit, and I'm sure he didn't get anything he was hoping for. What I wouldn't give for a man to be so interested in me now to fly half-way around the world just to see me! Justin now lives in Detroit with his new wife, Helena, and works for GM. Here is a recent wedding photo he sent me...they are both ridiculously adorable in this pic.I actually have to finish up some work this afternoon, so peace out.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home