All About Me!

Welcome to my website! Here you will find out all about me; ie. what I'm doing, thinking, eating, watching, feeling...you get the drift. And yes, my ego is just big enough to believe that you really care ;)

Monday, July 24, 2006

Stop thief!

Friday night Grady called and invited us to hang out with him and Dave down at Main Street Pub. So Jenn, Jill, and I gussied ourselves up and headed down into Melbourne. Most of the conversation drifted to the movie quote game, which Grady and Dave were not too great at. Disappointing. And nobody but Jenn got my Mrs. Esterhouse quote...my voice impression was impeccable, dammit! We ended meeting up with Maria and Hallie, two girls on the ypB Social Committee, so that was fun. Although I took a ton of pictures that night, I'll post a few of my favorites here. Saturday afternoon I decided to give Justin a call. I was a bit nervous since I hadn't talked with him in oh, 11 years, but once the conversation started, it went smooth as pie for 2.5 hours! We still have tons to talk about, but we both decided it save it for another time.
Saturday night Jenn, Nina , and I had planned on going to coffee, then heading to see a movie. But at the last minute, Cara had made it back from Orlando as was looking to go out drinking, since it was her birthday and all. Since Cara is a pool shark, we decided to head to the Warehouse and rack 'em up. We were having a fabulous time, we were taking shots, Cara was getting smashed, we were singing Journey at the top of our lungs...and that's when I realized it. Nina's purse had gotten stolen. Can you believe it!? Right out from under our feet at the bar! And what's really weird about the whole thing is that they took her bag and wallet, but dumped out everything else all over the floor? I noticed all her stuff strewn about, and at first I thought her bag had just tipped over or something. But when I went to put everything back, there was no bag. Thank God Nina had started the tab that night with her Check Card, so they didn't get that. And I never thought I'd say this but that Carabeener on her belt loop that Nina keeps her keys on came in pretty handy as well, and we were able to drive ourselves home that night. I have a pretty good idea who did it. There were two shady guys that came in and sat next to us at the bar. They were very interested in chatting me up...to keep me distracted I'm sure. I blew them off, so I'm sure that solidified their decision to stick it to us. The Warehouse has cameras, and Nina was to call and have the manager review the tapes, but I don't think they are cooperating. They didn't get much anyways; her license with her old address on it, her credit card, which we cancelled right away, and $5. It just sucks that there are shitty people like this in the world, you know? Anyways, here are some pics of us having fun before the evil "purse snatchers" arrived:

We didn't end up getting home til 3am, but I got enough sleep to get up and head to church the next morning. This week's movie was Remember the Titans. I never saw the movie, but from the clips they showed, I would probably like it. It looks like a real tear-jerker though. The message of the day was about racism, which was kind of ironic since I had just experienced it the night before. I have failed to mention that there was a man who had been sitting on the side of the bar where Nina's stuff was strewn about the entire night. I went and asked him if he saw anything, but he said no. Another guy saw me talking to him and started accusing me of harassing the man because he "looked Mexican"? WTF!? I don't care what color the man's skin was, he's the only person who has been on that side of the bar the entire night...why wouldn't I ask him if he saw anything? I never accused him of stealing the purse...he didn't even move from his seat the entire night, so he wasn't even near us! That man was just ignorant for even making race an issue here. He knew he was losing the argument too, because at the end he resorted to name calling like a 5 year old. Classy.

That afternoon, Jenn and I went shoe shopping for Jimmy's wedding. I don't know who's designing shoes these days, but they should be fired. Get rid of this wedge crap, and bring back the high heeled, strappy sandals! The dress we have to match is a chocolate brown satin...and we could not find that color in a fancy shoe to save our life! And all the dyable shoes at Payless were hoochie shoes, with little crystals hanging off. Terrible!

Jenn's Grandparents were in town, so we took them out to lunch at Chilli's. The hostess was new, and kept seating the same girl and pissing her off. Don't they train hostesses anymore? After lunch, Jenn and I headed to Walmart to pick up some more flowers for Paula and Gary's wedding...in a rainstorm no less, so we were soaked by the time we headed home. The rain had stopped by that evening, so we were able to head to the movie we wanted to see the last night, M. Night Shamalan's "Lady in the Water". The movie wasn't what I expected, but I wasn't disappointed by it. It was a fairytale story and it had a lot more humor in it than some of his other movies. There were some jumpy parts (at one point I actually yelped out loud and smacked Jenn), but not too many to make to movie scary. I love M. Night's use of the sprinkler system to add some jump throughout the entire movie. I thought that Paul Giamatti did a great job as the lead actor...he must've really practiced that studder, because it sounded so real. M. Night played a bigger role in this movie then he ever has, and some critics chastised him for making himself this great writer that would change the world, but I thought it was a good choice and not as arrogant as critics make it out to be. Go see it!

I was feeling really worn out yesterday. May eyes were puffy and my head felt drained. I think I slept with my eyes open or something? I got a good night's sleep, but I was so tired that morning that it was difficult to get out of bed. But I forced myself to go to the gym and run a 5K anyways...albeit a slow 5K. I was 2 minutes behind my best time, but at least I made it...I could've just went home to take a nap, you know.

I actually have work to do...can you believe it? Atlantis is scheduled to lift off August 28th, and since I do pre-flight, this is our busy time (hence why I didn't post yesterday).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home