All About Me!

Welcome to my website! Here you will find out all about me; ie. what I'm doing, thinking, eating, watching, feeling...you get the drift. And yes, my ego is just big enough to believe that you really care ;)

Thursday, July 13, 2006

Wired Insomniac!

These two pictures represent what I was doing at 3:30am this morning. For the life of me I couldn't get to sleep. Even though I was tired, my mind was racing and I couldn't settle down. I think it was because I read my new Marie Claire in bed. I usually do a crossword until I fall asleep, but I thought I would change it up last night...bad idea. Right now I have so many creative juices flowing in me from all the ypB design stuff that reading a fashion magazine just sent me over the edge. I couldn't take it any longer, so I just got up. I had the sudden urge to revitalize my wardrobe into something new. I took some old pieces that I never wear any more and paired them up with other pieces and accessories to see if I could make new outfits. The pics below are two of my favorites...and they both include navy, what a shocker since I'm in love with the nautical theme these days. The first one is meant to be worn in the winter of course. I really love the unexpected look of the teal with the navy in the belt. There is also teal in the top necklace, but the camera didn't pick it up. I would complete this look with a pair of chocolate brown boots and some textured cream tights. The second one is more of a fall look and is to be worn with neutral sandals. Also, the navy looking "vest" in the second pic is actually a dress folded up, so you could take this into winter with tights and high boots and nix the shorts! I wanted to do more, but I actually fell asleep on my bed, looking at my wardrobe, trying to decide which article of clothing to tackle next...it was around 4am.

I heard something on the radio this morning that I thought was just plain stupid. Walmart has actually just announced to the public that from now on, if you steal anything from them that is under $25 and get caught, they will NOT press charges against you and you will be let off with just a warning!! Their goal being to switch focus to employee theft, where they claim they lose the most money. Um, why the hell would you announce that to the public!? Why wouldn't you just tell the employees about the change? Seriously Walmart, all you have done is pushed that 13 year old girl to steal that hot pink lip gloss she's been wanting that her mother won't buy for her. She was teetering on the edge before about whether or not to exercise the "five finger discount", and you have just given her the greatest reason of all to go forth...you've taken away the consequence! How is this helpful, morons!? Kudos, Walmart, for allowing people to get away with stealing...now maybe you can move on to bigger things like shaking you fingers sternly at people who try to commit credit card fraud.

Tonight I have my second meeting for the ypB Board. I'm excited to see all the updates and new changes amongst the different committees!

You know, for someone who only got 2.5 hours sleep last night, I am really wired this morning! Which means I will probably crash around 2pm.

1 Comments:

  • At 11:18 AM, Blogger jastro13 said…

    I cannot believe what a loon you are....though love the outfits!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home