All About Me!

Welcome to my website! Here you will find out all about me; ie. what I'm doing, thinking, eating, watching, feeling...you get the drift. And yes, my ego is just big enough to believe that you really care ;)

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Workhorse

Now that I have committed to being the "workhorse" of ypB, I have opened up a whole can of worms. In the past two days, I have designed a member's only website, a member's only blog, and a business card. The blog and business card didn't take long, but the website was a pain in my ass...especially since I haven't really built one before. It is in baby-mode right now (read: no real content) because it hasn't been approved by Lead Brevard (our parent sponsor). But if we get the go-ahead, that creates a ton of more work, and a huge learning curve for me (if they choose me to finish it, that is).
Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining about this. I love that I'm learning how to build a site! I just wish I didn't have so much trial and error to go through, you know? Like if I could take a class first or something, that would help out a lot. As it is, I'm going in with very limited knowledge and feeling my way around...annoying.

So that's what I've been doing the past two days, and why I haven't updated the blog until now. The Cyber System (the 40 year old computer system for work) has been down the past two days, so I have been able to devote all my time to the ypB projects. As soon as it comes back up, though, it is go-time for building nominal trajectories out the wazoo for Ops. Control. We're in the process of updating the old system, and the powers that be need tons of examples from us on how to run things...which means we get the lovely task of doing the same thing over and over again with slightly different data. Yea fun. I would rather build a website.

I finished another movie last night, Closer. I sort-of knew the premise going into it, but I didn't really know what to expect. I'll tell you what I didn't expect, though, is all the raunchy language throughout the entire film. It was kinda hard to take because it almost didn't stop. I could see punctuating several key moments with foul words, but when you do the entire movie, it kind of loses it's punch, you know. I thought Natalie Portman did a great job in this film. It's tough to imagine Queen Padm'e Amidala as a stripper, but she pulled it off with flying colors. Clive Owen played a really great prick in the movie as well. Tons of emotion and anger in his character. If you can take the language, then I would say rent it.

Oh, and check this. Monday I ran 5K in my usual time, like 33:36, so yesterday we did a fast 20 minutes. I set out to run at 6 mph the entire time which would give me 2 miles in 20 minutes. Well the last minute I cranked it up to 7 mph and actually went 2.02 miles in 20 minutes. And the weird thing was, I felt I could go further! I still had energy left in me. Now I'm not saying I could've made it to 5K, but I could've gone at least another 5 minutes! Awesome.

Jill and I watched VH1's The World Series of Pop Culture last night and we totally kicked ass. I don't know who let those morons in the game, but we should've been on there! 16 teams of 3 and the grand prize is $250,000! Dammit!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home