All About Me!

Welcome to my website! Here you will find out all about me; ie. what I'm doing, thinking, eating, watching, feeling...you get the drift. And yes, my ego is just big enough to believe that you really care ;)

Monday, August 07, 2006

Desperately seeking John Tucker...

This past Thursday's meeting with FL Today actually went rather well. They liked my idea about putting all the political information in matrix form. Imagine that! John added that they also need to show why we should care about politics, and then Jason piped in with a Politics 101 tool that would break everything down for the layperson. If anything will get me to care a bit about politics, it's having someone do all the R&D for me, and then presenting it to me in a concise format. I hope they take our suggestions to heart!

After the meeting, I headed up to Grills in Cape Canaveral to meet Greg, a friend of Jenn and Jill's from TX. I found out too little too late that Greg is an avid two-stepper, and that we could've taken him to County Line for some dancing...but, conveniently, noone told him to bring his boots, and all he had were his work shoes and flip-flops. Doh! Maybe next visit.

Friday night we had planned to go out, but everyone was in a bit of a blah mood, so Jenn and I just headed out to the movies. "John Tucker Must Die" was on the agenda (hey, it's the best they had that week!) I think everyone in the film did a good job at acting, but the movie could've been so much better. I know High School movies are a bit lame and unrealistic, so you go into it with that expectation or you won't enjoy yourself, but this one took the cake at the end. John Tucker, the king of the school, makes a short speech to the rest of the class, via stage and microphone, that "lying to girls is wrong" and that you should "respect all women". Ya right! This would never, ever, ever, come out of a High School boy's mouth...ever. Just ridiculous. BTW, Jesse Metcalf looks so much younger in this movie than he does on Desperate Housewives...it's weird. He's so good looking though with that smile! And hey, I'm only a year older than him!

I used Saturday to catch up on some DVR shows form earlier in the week...shocker! "So You Think You Can Dance" is down to the final 4! Benji and Travis for the men, and Donyelle and Heidi for the women. If you ask me, I think it will come down to cousins Benji and Heidi, and that Benji will ultimately win it all. He's just got the entertainment aspect down. Project Runway is another summer show I enjoy. Last week's challenge was awesome; the designers had to not only design an outfit for the modern woman, but they also had to design a matching outfit for her dog...and we all know how I love animals dressed like people! This week, designers had to work in teams of 3 to design a 3 piece outfit for INC. of Macy's. Scandal wrecked one of the teams though because their leader, Keith, was kicked off the show prematurely for bringing pattern books onto the show...what an idiot.

Saturday night Jenn, Jill and I headed to Dog N Bone to hang out until 11pm when some other friends of ours were getting out of a movie (Talladega Nights...which I heard sucked, just like I predicted). Jill wasn't feeling well, so she took my car home, and then Jenn and I got a ride with Kevin over to Alex's house. We played a bit of drunken pictionary (hilarious), and watched an Eddie Izzard performance...he's really quite funny when you concentrate on him.

We didn't get home til 4am, but that still left enough rest time before church on Sunday morning. SUMC was talking about one of my all time favorite movies, "Groundhog Day", so I thought it would be a great service...boy was I wrong. The guy heading it up this week was the youth pastor (because the normal people Terry and John are on vacation), and he just bored me. He barely talked about the movie, then started talking about his 2 year old and how great she is. His message got lost because it took him so long to get through a damn story that you couldn't remember what the point was. What a disappointment.

After church I headed over to Kate's place to hook up my laptop to her projector and make sure everything is AOK for ypB's August party. I think this slideshow will be a huge hit! After napping form 3-6pm I made some dinner then headed over to pick up Jenn for coffee. She brought a new question book, "Why Do Men Fall Asleep After Sex?: More Questions You'd Only Ask a Doctor After Your Third Whiskey Sour". I love this stuff. Informative and thought provoking. Jenn would pose a question, then we would think about it and each give our opinion on it, then she would read the real answer. The only thing I didn't like about this book was that I don't think the answers went deep enough. They needed to delve one step further.

Well, as of today, we are caught up with the work pile. So I am biding my time with useless tasks, such as blogging, making origami swans, and pencil puzzles. Yea fun!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home