I didn't think time travel was possible?
So this weekend was interesting. Friday was the second annual Larrypalooza, a house party thrown by a very pretentious, over-grown, 34 year old named Larry. Larry is quite the character; very social, charismatic, fun and he knows how to throw a party. He's very smart in a lot of ways, and when he's focused on you, he makes you feel like you're the only girl in the room. Hence, I gave him a shot last year and went on a couple dates with him. But, I quickly figured out that you can't trust him any further than you can throw him. He thinks women are all morons so he lays the bullshit on pretty thick. Some women love that stuff, others are dumb enough to actually fall for it, and then there is my group of girls that can see right through it.
Anywho, Larry had sent out an e-vite to a bunch of people. He also said on the e-vite "Invite anyone else I've missed". I figure I know Larry pretty well. He's the type of guy who loves to meet cool people and has a "the more, the merrier" moto. So I invited some cool people from ypB and let him know on the e-vite that I did so. I never heard from Larry that this wasn't cool, so I figured everything was golden. And I was right, Larry did think it was cool, and he welcomed the ypB people with open arms. His girlfriend, however, didn't take so kindly to strangers. Apparently, Larry had gotten back together with Deb and she was now living with him. She focused all of her energy towards making my friends and I feel extremely unwelcome in "her house", and made it her personal mission to be as High School as possible. She even got her croonie sorority sisters to back her up. Seriously you guys, I really thought I was over all this stuff. All I was picturing in my head was me with mall bangs and LA Gear high tops being made fun of by one of the dumb popular girls, complete with such clever quips as "Nice shoes, where'd you get those, at Dollar General"? Then they would all snicker and walk away proud of the comment they came up with all by themselves.
I didn't know Deb lived with Larry. Her name wasn't on the e-vite, he had mentioned nothing of her the last time I saw him, and supposedly she was his ex-girlfriend? How could I have possibly known she lived there? If I would've known, I never would've invited the ypB people, because I don't know how she would react to that? I was basing everything on the fact that Larry lived alone.
Now look, I'm not saying I don't understand where she's coming from. I would be upset too if my boyfriend didn't tell me about these people coming that I don't know...especially if I were a bitch with a stick up my ass. But, would I go around the party and purposely make them feel unwelcome!? Hell no?! The situation calls for a little more class than that. You can be mad at your boyfriend tomorrow, but tonight you are to be a good host.
And frankly I'm more than pissed that Larry can't control his woman. She's off hopping from group to group around the party bad-mouthing me and everyone that is associated with me. He obviously doesn't like what she's doing because he purposely pulled me aside to tell me to make the ypB people feel welcome and to apologize if anyone is making them uncomfortable. Why he didn't pull her aside and tell her to chill the fuck out is beyond me? Larry is obviously a pussy when it comes to standing up to women.
So that will be the last Larrypalooza that I will attend. I'm 28 years old, and no party is worth reverting back to Jr. High just so I can match wits with a catty little girl hell bent on pissing all over everyone to mark her territory. Ridiculous.
Well anyways, here are a couple of pictures that I got in before I was verbally attacked by "Deb-tilla the Hun"

Anywho, Larry had sent out an e-vite to a bunch of people. He also said on the e-vite "Invite anyone else I've missed". I figure I know Larry pretty well. He's the type of guy who loves to meet cool people and has a "the more, the merrier" moto. So I invited some cool people from ypB and let him know on the e-vite that I did so. I never heard from Larry that this wasn't cool, so I figured everything was golden. And I was right, Larry did think it was cool, and he welcomed the ypB people with open arms. His girlfriend, however, didn't take so kindly to strangers. Apparently, Larry had gotten back together with Deb and she was now living with him. She focused all of her energy towards making my friends and I feel extremely unwelcome in "her house", and made it her personal mission to be as High School as possible. She even got her croonie sorority sisters to back her up. Seriously you guys, I really thought I was over all this stuff. All I was picturing in my head was me with mall bangs and LA Gear high tops being made fun of by one of the dumb popular girls, complete with such clever quips as "Nice shoes, where'd you get those, at Dollar General"? Then they would all snicker and walk away proud of the comment they came up with all by themselves.
I didn't know Deb lived with Larry. Her name wasn't on the e-vite, he had mentioned nothing of her the last time I saw him, and supposedly she was his ex-girlfriend? How could I have possibly known she lived there? If I would've known, I never would've invited the ypB people, because I don't know how she would react to that? I was basing everything on the fact that Larry lived alone.
Now look, I'm not saying I don't understand where she's coming from. I would be upset too if my boyfriend didn't tell me about these people coming that I don't know...especially if I were a bitch with a stick up my ass. But, would I go around the party and purposely make them feel unwelcome!? Hell no?! The situation calls for a little more class than that. You can be mad at your boyfriend tomorrow, but tonight you are to be a good host.
And frankly I'm more than pissed that Larry can't control his woman. She's off hopping from group to group around the party bad-mouthing me and everyone that is associated with me. He obviously doesn't like what she's doing because he purposely pulled me aside to tell me to make the ypB people feel welcome and to apologize if anyone is making them uncomfortable. Why he didn't pull her aside and tell her to chill the fuck out is beyond me? Larry is obviously a pussy when it comes to standing up to women.
So that will be the last Larrypalooza that I will attend. I'm 28 years old, and no party is worth reverting back to Jr. High just so I can match wits with a catty little girl hell bent on pissing all over everyone to mark her territory. Ridiculous.
Well anyways, here are a couple of pictures that I got in before I was verbally attacked by "Deb-tilla the Hun"



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home