All About Me!

Welcome to my website! Here you will find out all about me; ie. what I'm doing, thinking, eating, watching, feeling...you get the drift. And yes, my ego is just big enough to believe that you really care ;)

Monday, August 21, 2006

Too small leopard platform shoes are all the rage at the local trailor park!

Sorry I haven't updated in a few days guys...my life hasn't really been that interesting lately. I've pretty much just had meetings out the wazoo last week, and this weekend I didn't have any hot dates or big plans. But I'll bore you with what I did anyways...

So Friday night the girls and I decided to try something new. There was a sports bar called Time Out in Cocoa Beach that I had heard advertised on the radio recently. Maybe a good spot to meet guys I thought, so we checked it out around 9:30pm. Turns out, it was attached to the Laquinta Inn and kinda dead. In fact, the highlight of our evening there was watching a huge frog on the wall pounce on a cricket. Yea.

Next stop, Coconuts. I haven't been there on a Friday before, but Saturdays are always hoppin, so I figured we'd at least get a good crowd. No chance. Coconuts was friggin dead as a doornail! We didn't even bother staying for a beer.

Jenn's pick for our next adventure was the Pig and Whistle. None of us had ever been, but Jenn had heard good things about it, and the parking lot looked full. It's kinda your regular dive bar, complete with pool tables. There was some sort of ping pong competition going on, so that was kinda fun to watch. The food was a bit more expensive than I thought necessary, so I didn't eat anything. However, we did find out that they have a pretty good happy hour throughout the week...$1.50 sandwiches and drink specials. So we vowed to come back around 5pm on Thursday and check that out.

Last stop of the night, the cigar bar next to the Warehouse. Johnny D. (Jenn's co-worker) and our friend Kevin are usually hanging out there on Fridays, so we thought we would pop in and say hi. Let's talk a bit about Kevin, shall we. He's around 40, keeps in relatively good shape, is pretty smart, has a great job at the Solar Energy Center, and has a lot going for him. You would think a man with these qualities would have high standards when it comes to women. Think again, my friend. You wouldn't believe the chick he was with that night! I'm guessing she had just turned 21, and was just as tacky as you would expect a 21 year old wearing leopard print wedge platform shoes to be. The friggin shoes were even too small for her feet and her toes were hanging off the front edge like talons! I didn't even try to make conversation with her, because I wouldn't even know where to start! Seriously, WTF was Kevin thinking when he picked up this girl!? It's one thing to sow some wild oats and try to get as many notches in your belt while your young...I went through the slut phase in college. But it's another thing to keep doing this when you're 40! He tells Johnny D. all the time that he wants to settle down in a long term relationship with a great woman...then why is he wasting his time slumming with these young clueless chicks that probably don't even know where solar energy comes from! Kevin has definitely lost some cool points in my book...I'm so disappointed in him.

Moving on. Saturday I woke up around 11:30am. That's pretty crazy for me. Normally I can't sleep past 9ish. I caught up on some DVR, like I always do on Saturday afternoons, before I headed out to the new Sports Authority in The Avenues to buy me some new shoes. Luckily, my friend Jess from Houston had sent me a coupon for 25% off any one item in the store. Sweet. I ended up with these shoes and saved $21.50. I picked these because they have a very padded heel. Since I have been running, I have self-diagnosed me with chronic "weak-heel syndrome"...much like the people out there that have a "weak chin". I swear I have almost no protrusion of my heel off the back of my foot. This allows my heel to slide in and out of my shoe when I run, causing me to burn through the backs of my shoes due to friction...which in turn causes painful blisters. These new shoes have something around the heel called "geo-fit", which I gather is a fancy name for "lots of extra padding". I tried them on and I got almost no slippage of the heel. When I put in my inserts though, I do have a little slippage, so I will try running without them and hope the knee and hip pain doesn't come back. The shoes have orange trim, which I'm not a huge fan of, but if they work, then I don't care.

Saturday night Jenn and I went to Coconuts to hang out. We had a great time just talking and listening to the live band. We had a guy offer to buy us another pitcher of beer before he left, but since I had to drive home, we turned him down. The coolest thing that happened though was that we met a really nice couple that had just moved here from Phoenix. Jennifer and G.L. had only been here for 2 days, and were looking to make friends. They definitely came to the right place because I gave them the ypB hook-up. Hopefully they will take us up on the Friday Flip Flop Fest offer!

Sunday morning I headed off to church at SUMC. This week's topic, one of my favorite all time movies, The Goonies. The lesson of the day was all about kid power and togetherness. We are told to receive God "like a child", ie. enthusiastically and as a gift. And then we are taught to rely on each other for strength. There are a lot of things that we cannot do alone...we need the guidance and wisdom of those around us to help us through the tough times. Church was fun this day. They did a mini scavenger hunt for us, and had a new member orientation lunch afterwards. I learned what it means to be a Methodist and what I can expect by becoming a member of the church. I am not ready to become a member yet. I have a lot of questions still and they have a lot of classes that may provide the answers, so I may sign up for some, but I may have scheduling conflicts :(

That afternoon, Jenn and I went to get our hair cut at the Merritt Square Mall. The lady that did my hair cut a lot of layers into it, and it looks great! It gives me so much more volume and body...and I can still put it in a ponytail :) Jenn also cut a lot of layers into her hair...as well as cutting off a few inches of length. Since the hair place was wicked busy and we had about a 45 minute wait, we did a little shopping beforehand. Jenn has finally moved into the realm of brightly colored shoes...I'm so proud! I finally get her to buy colored purses, then colored jewelry, and now the shoes. She bought these green pair of sneaks from Payless to wear with jeans. My creation is nearly complete...just a few more tweaks on her and I will have my own mini-me...hehehe.

Also, to prompt more comments to my site, I'm starting something new. I will either ask a question at the end of all my posts that I don't know the answer to, or I will pose a situation that demands your opinion on the topic.

So I asked this question of Jenn the other day, and we came up with a theory, but we're not sure:

If you had a shortened intestinal track, would your poo look just like the food you just ate?

People that have short intestines will usually poo out whatever they just ate within an hour or two, hence they don't have time to absorb all the nutrients of the food and turn it into your typical brown turd of waste. So if they just ate tons of broccoli, would their poo just look like a chewed up broccoli log? What do you think?

1 Comments:

  • At 6:39 PM, Blogger Ibid said…

    I'd imagine that you'd have less of a gas problem. Since everything passes through quicker it wouldn't have as much time to ferment or outgas or whatever.

    I don't think the texture would change too much. The chewing and the stomach acids would make it as unrecognizable as ever. The colors might be different.

    Not much help I'm afraid. I'll try to remember to ask some of the doctors here tomorrow.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home