BA-BOOM!
I was awoken out a sound sleep this morning by two of the loudest sonic booms I have heard in a while! Actually it was more of a BA-BOOM as they were really close together too! On the radio this morning they were discussing how this landing was the most complicated to date, so maybe that's why the booms were so loud? Originally I thought the cats had knocked over a bookshelf or something? Then I remembered Atlantis was due to land about now.Last night's Membership Committee meeting went great. It ended right on time and we got things accomplished while still sharing some social aspects of our lives. Don't get me wrong, I love it when meetings get to the point and stay on track, but I call the people I was meeting last night friends, so it was great to also talk about their personal lives.
I went to bed early last night, not because I was tired, but because I was bored. I got home from my meeting to find
that Jill had commandeered the TV for the night with her SG1 episodes, so any plans of me getting to watch Boston Legal, Nip/Tuck, or House were thwarted. [tangent: not that I don't like looking at SG1's Jonas Quinn played by Corin Nemec (remember him in Parker Lewis Can't Lose?)...what a hottie, huh! His skin is like perfect and his face is flawless. The show even makes him more appealing by having his character be an extremely smart guy whose genes are far more advanced than us mere humans!...drool...] I went in my room to do some pencil puzzles around 8:30pm and was probably asleep by 9pm. Consequently I missed a call from Jason around 9:30pm. Whoops. Hopefully he has made plans for us for this weekend. I will give him a call on my way home from work and find out.Jill and I plan to run her 3K tonight. I was thinking of ways to push her to run faster, but I haven't come up with anything better than letting her pass me, and then me pass her again, which will hopefully subconsciously pick up her pace. It's getting a bit cooler in the evenings now, so I think that will also help her out.
Before I leave you today, I would like to do a quick plug for Marathon Books. I ordered something from them yesterday, but I thought the shipping was too high, so I wrote them an e-mail asking them for a shipping discount. They replied within a few hours, saying they would change my shipping from $9 Standard, to $4.99 Priority! See, it pays to ask for discounts...I mean, the worst thing they could say is no, right? So you have nothing to lose by asking. Thanks again Marathon Books!


2 Comments:
At 11:04 AM,
Ibid said…
I thought you'd appreciate this.
http://www.capsteps.com/sounds/venus.mp3
At 1:21 PM,
Rene' said…
You were right, I do appreciate! It was very cute and funny. Thanks for the lookout!
Post a Comment
<< Home