All About Me!

Welcome to my website! Here you will find out all about me; ie. what I'm doing, thinking, eating, watching, feeling...you get the drift. And yes, my ego is just big enough to believe that you really care ;)

Thursday, September 14, 2006

damn Mexicans!

Alright, so last night I finally get a phone call from Pancho...after I had sent him an e-mail asking him if he was still alive. He starts talking about how much he has a crush on me and that all he wants to do is kiss me and hug me and touch me and blah blah blah me...and this goes on for several minutes. The kid has not yet mastered the art of saying something with as few words as possible, so it is up to me to listen to his 10 minutes of dribble, and then follow up with , "So what you're saying is...". To which he always replies "Yes". So I will give you the jest of the conversation so as not to bore you.
Pancho has decided to not see me until he comes back from Mexico in a few months, because he needs to "contemplate his navel" (my words, not his). He says he needs to think about how he handles relationships and come to a conclusion before he can see me again. He says he can't see me because all he will want to do is touch me and hug me, etc, and he knows that is too fast for me. So instead of practicing self restraint, he has chosen to remove me from the situation?! What a typical guy response to an issue! Don't actually deal with the problem, just get rid of it! Whatever. It's his issue, not mine. I told him to do what he needs to do, and then call me when he gets back from Mexico...I suppose I will decide then if I want to pick up the phone.

Moving on. So I have semi-set a date with Officer West for this Sunday...I just don't know if it will be in the afternoon or evening. I put the pressure on him and told him to come up with something that will "knock my socks off", to which he replied "no problem". Ah, I like a bit of cocky in a man, so we will see if he follows through!

I stopped by the Dr.'s office yesterday to talk about the new pills I've been taking. Previcid has been taking the edge off the acid reflux that I have, but I haven't felt quite right since I started taking it. So I went to ask the Doctor if that is considered a "failure". My insurance company will not cover Nexium unless I have failed at both Aciphex and Prevacid first...then I think I have to do a dance and jump through a few more hoops before they still deny me coverage. My Doctor says that if the Nexium works though, he will do whatever he has to to get the insurance co. to cover it. I took my first trial pill today, and we will see how it works!

So yesterday while I was running I had a bit of an epiphany. If I squat down a bit while I run, I can actually run faster without increasing my breath! Is this something that all runners already knew, because no one has ever told me this before! I've never read about it anywhere either! I've been running since February, and now I finally "get it"! What a crock! I've been running horribly this entire time and never knew! Now, I've never actually timed myself running a 5K outside like this, so I really don't know if I'm running faster or not, but I feel like I'm running faster. Maybe I will try it on Friday?

I have a ypB Oversight Committee meeting tonight, and this is when the shit is gonna hit the fan. Ed will be asked to step down from Social Committee Chair, and Hallie and I will temporarily take over until a replacement can be found. I am not looking forward to the inevitable backlash that is likely to occur, but I just thank my lucky stars that I 'm not the one who has to do the asking! More on the outcome tomorrow, so stay tuned!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home