All About Me!

Welcome to my website! Here you will find out all about me; ie. what I'm doing, thinking, eating, watching, feeling...you get the drift. And yes, my ego is just big enough to believe that you really care ;)

Friday, September 15, 2006

Drama-rama!

So yesterday around 4:15 pm, Pancho called my cell. I sent him directly to VM. He left a message saying he wanted to see me around 8:30pm. WTF!? Seriously you guys, this kid has some issues! In the span of 1 week, he has gone from saying that he "wanted to spend every waking hour with me until he goes back to MX", to "I can't see you any more and I will call you after I get back from MX", to wanting to see me again last night!! It is clearly obvious to me that not only does he not know what the hell he wants, but that he is not emotionally stable. He has gone from one extreme philosophy to the other practically over night and he's taking me along for the ride! He's jerking me around and I don't deserve it. I bet he hasn't even considered how this bullshit is making me feel! And why does he get to make all the decisions on whether we see each other or not?! Did he even ask my opinion when he told me he doesn't want to see me until he gets back?
Needless to say, I didn't call him back. I thought about it, but the more I did, the angrier I got, so I decided against it. If he calls again today, I will answer and clearly and calmly state my feelings on the situation.
What a pain in my ass this guy has been...and I've only known him since last Wednesday!! This is the most drama anyone has ever caused me after 3 dates, and if I were a drama whore, I would eat it up. But as it is, I like things simple and predictable. Sheesh!

And now for the results on Ed. John called me last night and said it was done and everything went well. Ed didn't put up a fight about stepping down, and John said he actually seemed relieved! Ed has agreed to still be on the committee and keep doing what he does best, which is making deals with his known contacts. Hallie and I have agreed to temporarily take over the Social Chair position until a suitable replacement has been found. So this is all great news! The only problem I foresee happening is still with Ed's communication skills. The Chair needs to know what is going on with his/her committee at all times, and Ed has a problem conveying that effectively. He likes to make deals and then just tell you that "such-and-such is happening on this date" without consulting the rest of the group. This will obviously not fly with Hallie and I, so future conflict is indeed inevitable. Dammit!

In the news, the dwarf planet 2003 UB313 has been officially named Eris as of Wednesday. This object has an orbital period of 556.7 years that is very eccentric and highly inclined. Michael Brown, Eris' discoverer, settled on the name in part to reflect the recent discord in the astronomy community caused by the debate over the object's nature. Eris was the Greek Goddess of strife and chaos. Very fitting, I think.

I have no idea what I am doing tonight. Grady called last night and wanted to hang out with us tonight, so we will try to fit that in. I hate that he lives in Melbourne, because that means we either have to make him drive all the way up here, or have us drive all the way down there. Either situation is not good for a night of drinking.

Oh, and one last thing. It is now official that Michelle and I will be attending this year's Young Professional's Summit in Madison, WI. We finally booked our tickets yesterday, and we are registered, so I guess we are actually going. The bummer is that I will miss our ypB Thurs. night Meet and Greet this month since our flight leaves around 7pm :( I haven't missed one since they started back in January of 2005!

2 Comments:

  • At 9:43 AM, Blogger Ibid said…

    About Eris... I know it was recently going by the name Xena. Is it the same pseudoplanet that was once named Sedna or am I thinking of yet another pseudoplanet beyond Pluto.?

     
  • At 1:42 PM, Blogger Rene' said…

    2 different dwarf planets...check it:

    TNO's

     

Post a Comment

<< Home