All About Me!

Welcome to my website! Here you will find out all about me; ie. what I'm doing, thinking, eating, watching, feeling...you get the drift. And yes, my ego is just big enough to believe that you really care ;)

Thursday, September 07, 2006

Jai alai is a great crossword answer.

So I actually had work to do yesterday! Imagine that!

Ok, let's go back to this past weekend in NY. Jenn, her mother, Paula, and I all got up at the butt crack of dawn and headed to the airport last Wednesday morning. Despite being tired as all get out, everyone was in good spirits. We all slept on the plane and were in NY in no time.
Jimmy was there with Nicholas to pick us up. Oh my holy crap he is the cutest baby I have ever seen! I just can't get over his big blue eyes and long eyelashes! Plus, he's such a good baby. He rarely cries or fusses, and when you get him to laugh, it is priceless! Jenn took a lot of really great pics of him, so I'll post a few fave's of mine when I get them sent to me.
Thursday night was the rehearsal dinner. Great food, great wine, and a good time was had by all. Friday was the wedding, and it was a doozy! Fancy food as far as the eye could see. I actually ate tripe for the first time! It was quite chewy. The liqueur was flowing, the DJ was hoppin, the people were dancin, and Jimmy and Linda were all smiles. It was one of the best weddings I've ever been to. I actually ended up drinking waaaaayy too much that night, because I do not remember getting me and Jenn undressed and putting on PJ's in the hotel room? I also don't remember taking all the bobby pins out of her hair, getting up to puke, or begging Jenn to sleep in the same bed with me? I haven't blacked out from drinking in 10 years!? Scary!
The next morning, we met Jimmy and Linda for breakfast downstairs. I had a bit of a headache, but wasn't too worse for wear. I ate some bacon and bagels and drank some coffee. The car ride home was a different story though. I don't know if the breakfast hit me weird, or if it was Larry's (the best man's) erratic driving, but I started to feel bad. I went back to Jimmy's and slept it off for a few hours. When I awoke, there were hamburgers and hot dogs cooking on the grill, and Linda had some family over. It was a chill last day hanging with everyone. Too bad it was our last day. The next morning we said our goodbyes and headed to the airport. As the plane taxied down the runway, I began to have one of the worst acid reflux attacks I've ever had! It was so bad I was crying. Obviously, my prescription is not working anymore. So I went and got another the other day, and we'll see how this one works.

So last night I had a date with Pancho (I know, right!). His real name is Francisco, but I guess Pancho is his nickname? He's 29, has a degree in Industrial Engineering, but is a professional jai-alai player in Orlando! Since I really didn't know squat about jai-alai, I did a little research so I could hold my own at dinner. In a nutshell, it's like racquetball with three walls, and the ball is harder and travels a lot faster (read: more injuries). Case in point, Pancho has had a few teeth knocked out (and replaced) and he is currently healing from an elbow injury.
The date went really well. Pancho was very entertaining. He listened well when I talked, he had interesting things to say, he asked me a lot of open ended questions, he was very complimentary, and there was never really a lull to the conversation. I felt very comfortable around him. Best date I've had in a while...ok the only date I've had in a while...but who counting jerks! Plus, he was better looking in person! He was wearing glasses and had a bit of scruff, which normally I don't like, but it kinda suited him. He looked great...and he smelled ever better. I'm going to see him again on Saturday afternoon. Not sure what we'll be doing, but I don't really care. He's a cool person and I think I would just enjoy hanging out with him. Do I see things heading in a romantic direction with him? It may be too early to tell?

Also, I have been talking to a Titusville cop recently and we've seemed to hit it off, over AIM at least. No date plans as of yet because I think I would like to talk to him just a bit more before moving forward. But he's not a bad looking guy either, no? He's 28 and 6'5", which I'll admit is a bit over my height standards, but I'm not opposed to it. He works the 8pm to 6am shift Tu-Fr right now :( But at least he gets a three day weekend, so that's promising.

Tonight ypB is hosting an event at the Brevard Museum of Art and Science. They're showing "Eternal Summer: The Art of Surf Culture", so it should be interesting. It's actually our first Cultural Development activity, so I'm excited to kick that off.

The stupid shuttle has been scrubbed...again. Next attempt is tomorrow, but if it doesn't go then, it will have to wait until October! Cross your fingers for fully functional fuel cells and great weather!

My parents have finally made a decision about coming down to visit. They've decided to fly (thank God) down on December 16th (my birthday) and stay until the next Saturday at the Sheraton instead of in a condo. They want me to fly back with them, but honestly, that's a lot of time with my parents. I can only take my Mom in small doses. I'd rather take days off work while they are here, so we can do some fun things together, instead of working all week, then taking time off to fly home and sit on the couch watching TV, since that's all there is to do in IL. My Mom will probably call me and guilt me into coming home, but we will see.

Alright, time for me to rotate some antenna patterns! Peace out homies!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home