"Oh baby you, got what I neeeeeeed.."
I ended up going to bed early on Friday night so I could rest up for Saturday morning's race with Jill. It didn't do me any good...I ran like crap. I don't know what my problem is!? I feel like I'm keeping a good pace the whole time, but I guess I'm just running slower than I think I am!? I don't know how to fix that? I know I am capable of running faster, because I do it on the treadmill all the time! But every time I try my best during a race, I'm always like 2 minutes slower! That's huge! I thought the first time it happened, it was just a fluke, but this is getting ridiculous! I need something that will tell me my pace while I'm running, so I will know if I'm slacking from the beginning, and I can even myself out. Nike has come out with a sneaker called Nike+ that has a sensor built into the shoe which downloads information directly to your Ipod Nano.
This is the coolest concept ever and I would totally get on board with this...except you have to wear Nike shoes (which tend to run narrow, I think) and have an Ipod Nano (which I don't have). I guess I
will have to wait a few years before they start making sneaker chips for the masses so I can hook it on to my Saucony sneaks...which I am loving btw. I think Saucony is definitely my brand for the type of foot I have.Despite running crappy, I still got rewarded for my effort with a slice of pizza from Pizza Gallery, and Reebok backpack which I won in a drawing :)
Jenn didn't get to run with Jill and I that morning, because she was at work preparing for the shuttle launch. And it finally went off, thank God, at 11:14:55am.
That afternoon I spent with Pancho and let me tell you, it was a bit draining. The kid is anything but boring! He's kind of all over the place and gets easily excited by the most mundane things. I think he has ADHD or something?! Despite his hyperactivity, he has a good heart and is genuinely a great person. However, he is pushing it when it comes to the being my boyfriend thing. He likes me waaaaaaaaaayyyy more than he should after only having 2 dates! I mean, it's one thing to say, "this girl has potential for a relationship so I'd like to keep seeing her", and it's another to constantly sit me down and have a serious talk about "where we are as a couple" and how he feels about me every 5 minutes! We've only been on two dates, amigo! I saw him again on Sunday, and set him straight, so I think he got the picture. He just needs to quit forcing everything and just let things progress naturally. I think a big reason that he is pushing so hard is the fact that he is leaving in a few weeks to head back to Mexico for 2 months, so I think he thinks he is under a time constraint or something? But, regardless, I told him to stop pushing it, so now he knows, and everything should be much more comfortable.
That night Nina and I took Jenn out for a much needed beer at the Dog N Bone. Neilyn (right)and Laurie (center) showed up later and we had a full on girls night out. There was a Biz Markie look-alike that was constantly hovering around our table, so Nina and I kept busting out "Oh baby you, got what I neeeed...but you say he's just a friend, ya you say he's just a friend" intermittently and laughing our asses off. I love that bar.I decided to head to SUMC for the 11am service the next morning, and I'm glad I went. The topic of discussion was about trust and fear, something everyone struggles with. The message was to trust that God will always be there for you, and to give up your fears to him. People can ruin their trustworthiness, but God will never let you down. I full-on admit that I am afraid to trust that another man won't leave me like the first one did. But I am also ready to face that fear in order to know happiness in my life. It's scary, but you have to take risks in order to gain anything!
I think Officer West and I are going to try to get together this week. He called me last night while I was with Pancho and left me a VM. I called him back, but just got his VM, so maybe we will set something up tonight?
Speaking of phones btw, my Cingular network is sucking! For the past three days I have been dropping calls left and right. Jenn has too, so I def think it's the network. What a pain! Calling people back up to five times during a 3 minute conversation! Get your act together Cingular!
I gave Jenn a ride to work this morning because her check engine light came on. She's going to take it in today to check if she needs another O2 sensor replaced. Meanwhile my back passenger window keeps sliding down! I will have to get that fixed before my parents come down and borrow my car...well, get it fixed, or glue it shut, one of the two.
Alright, work is calling to me. Peace out.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home