Q-Ball City
The girls and I now have a new drinking game called "Spot the bald guy". Since there seems to be a plethora of guys who shave their head these days, it's a pretty fun game. When you see a bald guy, you tap your beer on the table and take a sip...last girl to see the bald guy has to drink twice. The funny thing about this game is that after awhile, all the bald guys start to look alike, so you can't remember if you already called this bald guy, or if he just walked into the bar. We played this at Fishlips this past Friday and had a blast.Saturday morning I had a slight headache, but nothing a few Advil couldn't handle. I was feeling particularly energetic for some reason, so I took at 9am Power Step class at the Y, then went and ran with Jill, and then went and walked on the beach for 1.5 hours. Believe me, I am still paying for it today. May calves are so swollen and tight that I am walking like an old lady! I don't know if I will even be able to head to the gym or not tonight.
Saturday night Jenn and I headed to Skewers for dinner. Man their food is good! For some reason, everything tasted even better than it did the first time I went. They have the best hummus, tabbouleh, and stuffed grape leaves I've ever had. Afterwards, we headed to the old Sun Shoppe Cafe for a coffee. They are under new management, and seem to be doing much better than before! It was actually enjoyable to hang out there for once!
Sunday I headed to SUMC for their @11 service. The topic of the day was Conflict Resolution...which was a coincidence because I currently had a conflict that needed to be resolved. Jason had failed to call me on Thursday night like he was supposed to. In fact, I didn't even hear from him until Saturday. This, of course, pissed me off and led me to believe that he was really not that into me. I found out that he had gotten really sick Thursday night, and was still sick on Saturday. Still, there's no excuse for leaving me hanging that long. A simple text message, "Rene', I'm sick...call you when I feel better" would've sufficed! So I was debating on how I was going to handle the situation, but hadn't made a decision by the time I went to church. The message of the day ended up being "Speak the truth in love..." Instead of resolving a problem by yelling and being all accusatory, ask them to help you understand why they made the choice that they did. Ask yourself, "how can I create an environment where people will feel comfortable to speak the truth to me?" Then we talked about how you should always go to the person directly when you have a conflict with them, and not gossip to others first.
I guess this message gave me a bit of clarity. I went home and talked calmly to Jason about why he chose to not contact me for three days, and how I was upset with him over it. He said he completely understands why I am upset and apologized for making me feel bad as it was not his intent. He said he got sick on Thursday night and went right to bed, slept through Friday, and called me when he woke up on Saturday. He asked me to give him another chance and said he will make it up to me by taking me to the Melting Pot next Monday night. And as we all know, I am a sucker for forgiving people and giving them second chances...sometimes to my own detriment, but it's the type of person I want to be.
Jenn brought over "Stick It" last night for us to watch. I thought it would be better, but it kinda sucked. Since I used to be a gymnast, I have a bit of background knowledge on how things work, so it made the completely unrealistic movie even more unenjoyable :( The stupid High School movies have been letting me down lately. Why can't you all be as good as "Can't Hardly Wait"!!?I am thinking about going to Theology at the Tavern tonight at Chowders. It's an informal discussion about different topics every few weeks. Tonight's discussion topic: Is doubt the opposite of faith? I hear quite a few people (like up to 100) go to this thing, so it might be worth checking out. The problem is that Chowders has crappy parking, so you have to get there early...not to mention I will be going by myself, so that kinda sucks too. We shall see.
Delta II Launch today @ 2:50pm EDT! Weather forcasts predict a 30% chance of no-go, so it looks pretty good for actually taking off today. However, the window only goes until 3:03pm, so that could cut the chance down a bit more. For up to the minute updates check Spaceflightnow.com's Mission Status Center.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home