sometimes I really hate being a woman
I had a ypB Professional Development meeting at 6pm last night...3 hours later I was finally driving home! Sheesh! The meeting was only supposed to go until 7:30ish, but everyone in this group is so opinionated that we get stuck arguing about the littlest details. I'll even admit that I took about 7 minutes of that time fighting for a particular question that I want asked at the next CEO Chat. The question may be a bit of a catch 22, but it's a valid question, and one that I struggle with myself. "If you were a woman, would you have taken the same career path?" I was ultimately shut down, but I wasn't going down without a fight, dammit! I was so drained by the time I got home that I pretty much went straight to bed. Going to bed so early didn't help me out all that much considering I was jolted awake at 12:30am by unbearable cramps! I got up and took some advil, but an hour later they were still going strong! Crap! I would just have to wait them out...and they finally subsided around 2:30am. What a crappy night's sleep.
I'm sure I am not nearly as tired as Jenn though, having to get to work yesterday by 5am for the Atlantis landing, which got scrubbed of course, so she had to do it again this morning. Poor thing. Hey, at least it didn't happen on a weekend!
Tonight is the ypB Membership Committee meeting at Charlie and Jake's. It's one of the smallest committees we have right now, consisting of me, Amy, and Jessica B. I actually registered for the How Shall We Grow seminar being held at FIT tonight, but I don't think I'm going to go. FIT is soooo far, and the pickle chips at Charlie and Jake's are soooo good. Plus, the thought of working cooperatively with all the old people at that seminar is really unappealing to me right now.
I briefly talked to Jason last night over IM right before my meeting. He apologized for being a goob the other night and promised he would be better if we were to go out again. If? Initially I was a bit disappointed in his choice of the word "if" instead of "when", but after giving it some thought, I think it had less to do with him wanting to go out with me again, and more to do with him giving me an "out" in case I would like to take it. Hopefully by tonight he will have something planned for us to do this weekend.
Alright, I have a few things I need to take care of, design-wise for ypB, so I will leave you with this interesting tid-bit: bluebirds cannot actually see the color blue!
I'm sure I am not nearly as tired as Jenn though, having to get to work yesterday by 5am for the Atlantis landing, which got scrubbed of course, so she had to do it again this morning. Poor thing. Hey, at least it didn't happen on a weekend!
Tonight is the ypB Membership Committee meeting at Charlie and Jake's. It's one of the smallest committees we have right now, consisting of me, Amy, and Jessica B. I actually registered for the How Shall We Grow seminar being held at FIT tonight, but I don't think I'm going to go. FIT is soooo far, and the pickle chips at Charlie and Jake's are soooo good. Plus, the thought of working cooperatively with all the old people at that seminar is really unappealing to me right now.
I briefly talked to Jason last night over IM right before my meeting. He apologized for being a goob the other night and promised he would be better if we were to go out again. If? Initially I was a bit disappointed in his choice of the word "if" instead of "when", but after giving it some thought, I think it had less to do with him wanting to go out with me again, and more to do with him giving me an "out" in case I would like to take it. Hopefully by tonight he will have something planned for us to do this weekend.
Alright, I have a few things I need to take care of, design-wise for ypB, so I will leave you with this interesting tid-bit: bluebirds cannot actually see the color blue!


2 Comments:
At 12:12 PM,
Anonymous said…
Sorry you couldn't make it to the HSWG event last night. I posted a recap with photos over at HowShallWeGrow.org so you can at least 'see' what happened.
We did have a few other young people in the audience so you could have cooperated with your peers :-)
At 7:31 AM,
Rene' said…
I "could have" cooperated with my peers if we were all placed at the same table, but as it is, that's not usually the case. And for good reason, I'm sure. You want a diverse crowd at each table so ideas will flow...unfortunately, the younger crowd ends up taking a back seat to their "elders" who don't appreciate our input. Such is life.
Post a Comment
<< Home