Busted kitty :(
Trauma this morning. Somehow my cat, Alcor, slammed my bedroom window on his tail! And if that wasn't bad enough, then the dumbass tried to jump onto my bed...but because he was caught, he just ended up hanging on the wall by the last 4 inches of his tail! I heard him screaming and ran throughout the house looking for him. When I finally saw him in my bedroom, I didn't know the window had shut because the blinds were closed...so I was confused as to how he had managed to attach himself upside down to my wall. I ran over to him to grab him and that's when he started eating and clawing the shit out of my arm. I finally realized what had happened, but I couldn't lift the window one handed, so I had to let poor Alcor dangle for a bit longer while I forced the window back up. He ran away and
hid for a bit, but I managed to grab him later to give him a once over. He has a dent in the end of his tail, and he meows when you touch it, plus he's dragging it low to the ground...which probably means it's broken. :( Poor guy.I didn't take him to the vet, because there's really nothing they can do with a broken tail...it's not like they would put a cast on it or anything. However, after doing some more research, I found out cats can have all sorts of problems from a pulled or broken tail. This one website states, "One might think a tail break would involve an obvious external wound but usually this is not the case; instead, nerve damage (from stretching of the cauda equina nerves) is the usual tip-off. Cats with broken tails might show any of these symptoms:"
1) A tail that drags or never held high.
2) Involuntary dribbling of urine.
3) A dilated, flaccid anal sphincter with or without diarrhea or fecal incontinence.
4) Incoordination of the rear legs.
Egads! I had no idea that a broken tail could cause so many after effects! I really hope he is ok! Jill said she was running home for an errand, and she would check on him for me. We will see how he is.
In the meantime, drinks out with Brian last night was a good time. It was fun catching up and seeing each other again after so long. The last time I saw him, he was with a very cute girl named Bethany. I guess that didn't last very long? He said she was starting to annoy him, and that was his cue to end it. He has been concentrating on his work mostly and not dating much. There was still a lot of flirting going on between us, and I feel very comfortable around him. We went for a walk along the boardwalk of Cocoa Village and stopped to watch the glow-in-the-dark fish swim around. We kissed a little, but it wasn't physically exciting. It was just really nice. Being in that moment with someone who really knows and cares about you, and not turning it into the beginnings of a porn movie was nice. I feel very connected to Brian, but not in a romantic way...I know, it's weird, but I can't explain it. Neither of us have any intention of taking anything further than this. In fact, we probably won't get together again for another 6 months or so. It's just really comforting knowing someone out there likes you and actually gives a crap.
Sidebar: Freaking jailbird Dromcreo guy showed up at Murdocks last night and sat right behind Brian at the bar! WTF!? Seriously dude, leave town. No one likes you! And stop showing up wherever I am and ruining the mood!
Tonight I have a ypB OC Mtg. Michelle and I will be presenting our recommendations to the group, and hopefully everyone will be in agreement to move forward with them. Afterwards, the girls and I are headed to Time Out Sports Bar in Cocoa Beach where we hear Thursday night is packed. They also are rumored to have a coin toss against the bartender...you call it and win a free shot! So we're going to do a check-it-out thing. I invited Jason to hang out with us, so hopefully there won't be any personality conflicts! Wish him luck!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home