Nina was right!
Well I'm finally back. Back from the YP conference in WI. Madison was a lot nicer than I thought it would be. It was also a very interesting place for people watching, you know, being a large college town and all. College kids these days come in all shapes, sizes, and flavors, and I love it. Long live diversity! It keeps things vivid.
It was a bit colder than I expected at night, but I just walked fast to keep warm. I thought I might have an opportunity to go running in the cool air, but I wanted to sight-see a bit, and there wasn't enough time to do both. What's really interesting is that I didn't take any pictures the whole time! There was another girl, Serrine, from Jacksonville who was camera happy...and it was nice for once not being the camera chick! I will post pics when she e-mails those out to everyone.
The conference itself was amazing...well worth the $ spent!! We learned so much in those two days that our heads were spinning! For conference highlights, click here. Now, the reality of how much work we have to do to implement these awesome ideas is starting to set in! It's pretty overwhelming. I mean, just getting our thoughts organized into a strategic outline is proving to be a daunting task within itself!
Add to all this the current things going on within ypB this week (Forum tonight and photo shoot on Wed) and the fact that Jenn's Mom is getting married this Saturday and her family is coming into town and we want to entertain them, and you end up with a gruel of unappetizing proportions. It's just too much to handle! I am going to be running myself ragged with no end in sight. I really wish we didn't wait until the last minute to do the wedding stuff. The cake can't be helped of course, since that has to be done right before, so Jill and I are taking that on on Wednesday night. I'm really worried about the decorating though. I don't think we will get it done. Oh we will get something up there, but probably won't be how we want it, or what we envision due to time constraints. AHHHHHHH!
Anywho, I went out with Jason last night. We were supposed to go to Melting Pot, but the place is booked up every Monday night in October for some 'Women in Fashion' thing? Whatever. We went to dinner at Chilli's instead and caught up with each other's week. He was less nervous than the first time, and made more eye contact than before. I guess he is warming up to me ;) Since we were in the Avenues Mall, we headed over to Sports Authority to pick up a gift for my roommate's birthday coming up, and then over to World Market to window shop. I was having a good time just walking around with him. We got in the car and took a drive, all the while playing one of my all time favorite car games, Name That Tune. I won, of course, because I am the human jukebox :)
We ended up having a pretty hot and heavy make-out session at the end of the night. It was just kissing, but man did it feel good! A little background on the guys I have dated in the past...none of them have been much larger than me. I've never really dated anyone taller than about 5'11" or over 200 lbs before. Not that I'm opposed to it, but it's just never happened before. Jason is a big guy(6'5" and I have no idea how much he weighs, but I'm sure it's over 200), and fairly strong too, and I've never made out with a big guy before. I was shocked at how small I felt when his arms were around me. He actually hugged me so tight once that I let out a little yelp due to all the air escaping rapidly from my lungs! I felt very vulnerable next to him...but it was a huge turn on! He is also a hair puller...and surprisingly, that was a turn on as well!? For him to wrap one huge arm around me and pull me tight into him and then grab the back of my head and a fist full of hair, and lead me into a kiss...I was melting. Now I understand what Nina has been saying all these years!! She has always stood firm that big guys make you feel small and womanly...and they totally do! So Nina, my friend, I must concede that you were right all along. This is how all those 5'2" size 0 girls must feel all the time!
I probably won't be seeing him until next Tuesday. He has switched his days off from Sat, Sun, Mon to Tues, Wed, Thurs. He wants me to come riding with him one night this week to catch some bad guys, but I just can't swing it. It'll have to be next week if anything.
Tonight from 7-9pm is the FL Today Forum. Candidates for District 2 and 4 will be there to present their case and answer questions. I have to go and show my support because I am on the ypB Oversight Committee and we are co-hosting the event. As I've said before, I'm not very political, so it'll be nice to get in a few hours sleep :P
We have just recently had an overhaul of our Oversight Committee. Jessica L., Carrie, and Mary Beth have all resigned due to relocation, Kyle and Ed have been kicked off completely, and Cory and Brandon have since joined. I think it is all for the best. We are all very passionate about this organization and we share the same goals, so I think the following OC Meetings will be less of a headache because of it.
It was a bit colder than I expected at night, but I just walked fast to keep warm. I thought I might have an opportunity to go running in the cool air, but I wanted to sight-see a bit, and there wasn't enough time to do both. What's really interesting is that I didn't take any pictures the whole time! There was another girl, Serrine, from Jacksonville who was camera happy...and it was nice for once not being the camera chick! I will post pics when she e-mails those out to everyone.
The conference itself was amazing...well worth the $ spent!! We learned so much in those two days that our heads were spinning! For conference highlights, click here. Now, the reality of how much work we have to do to implement these awesome ideas is starting to set in! It's pretty overwhelming. I mean, just getting our thoughts organized into a strategic outline is proving to be a daunting task within itself!
Add to all this the current things going on within ypB this week (Forum tonight and photo shoot on Wed) and the fact that Jenn's Mom is getting married this Saturday and her family is coming into town and we want to entertain them, and you end up with a gruel of unappetizing proportions. It's just too much to handle! I am going to be running myself ragged with no end in sight. I really wish we didn't wait until the last minute to do the wedding stuff. The cake can't be helped of course, since that has to be done right before, so Jill and I are taking that on on Wednesday night. I'm really worried about the decorating though. I don't think we will get it done. Oh we will get something up there, but probably won't be how we want it, or what we envision due to time constraints. AHHHHHHH!
Anywho, I went out with Jason last night. We were supposed to go to Melting Pot, but the place is booked up every Monday night in October for some 'Women in Fashion' thing? Whatever. We went to dinner at Chilli's instead and caught up with each other's week. He was less nervous than the first time, and made more eye contact than before. I guess he is warming up to me ;) Since we were in the Avenues Mall, we headed over to Sports Authority to pick up a gift for my roommate's birthday coming up, and then over to World Market to window shop. I was having a good time just walking around with him. We got in the car and took a drive, all the while playing one of my all time favorite car games, Name That Tune. I won, of course, because I am the human jukebox :)
We ended up having a pretty hot and heavy make-out session at the end of the night. It was just kissing, but man did it feel good! A little background on the guys I have dated in the past...none of them have been much larger than me. I've never really dated anyone taller than about 5'11" or over 200 lbs before. Not that I'm opposed to it, but it's just never happened before. Jason is a big guy(6'5" and I have no idea how much he weighs, but I'm sure it's over 200), and fairly strong too, and I've never made out with a big guy before. I was shocked at how small I felt when his arms were around me. He actually hugged me so tight once that I let out a little yelp due to all the air escaping rapidly from my lungs! I felt very vulnerable next to him...but it was a huge turn on! He is also a hair puller...and surprisingly, that was a turn on as well!? For him to wrap one huge arm around me and pull me tight into him and then grab the back of my head and a fist full of hair, and lead me into a kiss...I was melting. Now I understand what Nina has been saying all these years!! She has always stood firm that big guys make you feel small and womanly...and they totally do! So Nina, my friend, I must concede that you were right all along. This is how all those 5'2" size 0 girls must feel all the time!
I probably won't be seeing him until next Tuesday. He has switched his days off from Sat, Sun, Mon to Tues, Wed, Thurs. He wants me to come riding with him one night this week to catch some bad guys, but I just can't swing it. It'll have to be next week if anything.
Tonight from 7-9pm is the FL Today Forum. Candidates for District 2 and 4 will be there to present their case and answer questions. I have to go and show my support because I am on the ypB Oversight Committee and we are co-hosting the event. As I've said before, I'm not very political, so it'll be nice to get in a few hours sleep :P
We have just recently had an overhaul of our Oversight Committee. Jessica L., Carrie, and Mary Beth have all resigned due to relocation, Kyle and Ed have been kicked off completely, and Cory and Brandon have since joined. I think it is all for the best. We are all very passionate about this organization and we share the same goals, so I think the following OC Meetings will be less of a headache because of it.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home